Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Not staying logged in today - is it just me?

leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
Hi. Is anyone else having trouble staying logged in to the forum?

I don't usually have to log in (having clicked 'keep me logged in') for weeks but today I've had to log in 5 times already.

I use a login for just the forum (not one of the Facebook, Google passports) and am on an iPad.

Comments

• JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    It did that for me a few days ago. No issues after that day.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Same here, on and off for past week. Just happened a minute ago.
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    Happening to me right now, never happened before.

LegoFanTexas
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Keeps happening to me right now. Everytime I change the page I get logged off. Already tried clearing my cache.... :o(
    LegoFanTexas
  • OakenmoldOakenmold Member Posts: 92
    Its happening again. The system keeps signing me out. It happens on different computers, home and work
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited December 2012
    This has happened several times to me today, but it's more erratic than usual (ie. I load a page and I'm suddenly logged out; I refresh it and I'm logged in again). Has anyone else experienced this?
    Edit: Just happened again. Edit 2: and again
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Same here. Also I've had error pages where it says the system is unavailable because of high demand or something like that.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited December 2012
    ^ I see, just got an over capacity message too; it might just be their servers then.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    edited December 2012
    yep, happening a lot tonight.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,704
    And me.
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    happening to me as well
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    I seem to be unable to stay logged inon my iPad for more than the time it takes to read one thread today.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Happening to me, too... also other random errors, probably attributable to:
    "Moderate degradation of service for some customers as a result of LBaaS issues at Rackspace. Working on it."
    http://status.vanillaforums.com/
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    keep getting thrown out myself, everytime I go back to the home page.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    I'm getting little 503 errors popping up whenever it tries to save a draft.
  • CheekaCheeka UKMember Posts: 236
    edited May 2013
    Was just about to comment on this... then I realised I had to sign back in before I could because I'd been unceremoniously booted out again.

I'm personally blaming @kevbags & co for breaking the internet with their rafflely awesomeness.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,274
    edited May 2013
    All day I have either been repeatedly logged out automatically or having a green creature of some sort appear informing me about the capacity having been exceeded (which bears more than a passing resemblance to the BrickShow dinosaur as it happens).

I too blame @kevbags and his raffle.
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    I don't know about anyone else, but today I just can't stay logged in to the forum. Usually I only have to sign in once a month but today it seems like I have to sign in every 10 minutes, even though I've got the tick box checked for 'keep me signed in'.

I know it has to be a forum problem, because I can stay logged in to everything else on the Internet today.

But strangely I can override this by pressing the 'back' button on my browser and clicking on the thread again (!?).

Anyone else having problems today, or is it just me?

Oh look, an error 503 has just flashed on my screen. Service unavailable (followed by meaningless jargon). Maybe that's why I'm continually logged out?
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,274
    I am the same, every few refreshes I am automatically logged out.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Same for me, it's getting to the point where I'm going to have to do some work soon.
    coachiecarlqLostInTranslationflowerpotgirlBumblepants
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Same here
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    Not just me then. I point the blame finger at The Simpsons for their Lego rumour being true, most likely ;-)
  • thelimeythelimey Member Posts: 52
    same problem here
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Me too. Nice to know I haven't offended the Dark Gods of the Interweb personally.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    The only time I was automatically signed out was when I was about to comment on one of @Pitfall69's statements about FB ;-)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,380
    I keep getting booted as well. I think @Yellowcastle is messing with me ;)
    Whatever the problem is, it only seems to be getting worse for me. Logs me out for every 3 threads I read now, and especially whenever I check out the 'Worst thing you've ever done' thread.
    Rather than repeatedly having to sign in with my password, I seem to be able to sign back in by pressing the 'back' button on my browser most of the time, which is totally odd because you really shouldn't be able to do that!

Plus, I keep getting an Error 503 pop up. I wonder what's going on. This whole auto signing out business is very annoying, I hope this will sort itself out.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,377
    Same here, getting that 503 on certain threads and also being asked to sign in a lot today.
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 477
    Same for me as well.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Repeatedly logged out of the forum today 29th (and now 30th of December) on ipad mini.
    Can't even switch tabs.

Anybody else?
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 475
    So far so good on iPad Pro.  THankfully.  
    Repeatedly being logged out today, yesterday and the day before. Earlier it even logged me out when I clicked on a page link to move to the next page on the very same thread, just minutes after login.

Each time the remain logged in box was checked.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,499
    It’s been fine for me today, but it did make me log in again once on each of my devices in the past week.
    And logged out again just now :( 
    No idea what caused me to be repeatedly logged out but it seems to have resolved itself after 3 days. That's actually the second time it's happened like that. Odd.
    Repeatedly being logged out today despite "remember me" being ticked. Anyone else?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,465
    Nope, it's always only you :)
    BumblepantsAstrobricksLego_Star
    Ha ha ha! Thanks @Huw. 😄 I have it on good authority that it's not you know. It seems to have settled down again though, thankfully. Not especially fond of writing pm's twice or more.