Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2013 Brickset Raffle *ENTRY TO RAFFLE NOW CLOSED*

Comments

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Thanks @rocao. ;o)
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited May 2013
    Just to be safe, I wouldn't mention 'raffle' anywhere in your PayPal payment. It's a gray area but under PayPal's terms of service for prohibited "gambling activities:

"Games of chance and games of skill –Includes any activity with an entry fee and a prize, regardless of whether the outcome is determined by chance or skill."

And yes, I know of this prohibition because I saw it enforced for a fantasy football league I'm in with my friends with a very small prize pool. We had no idea at the time.
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @rocao

I labeled mine as a donation, and Paypal has marked it as completed. Perhaps your comment should be bumped to the top of the thread so others don't have any difficulties with their payments.

And thank you to the generous lady who donated Mr. Gold!!!! My son read that and yahoo'd. The Brickset community is full of fine role models for my son to admire and emulate. Compassion for others and Legos too!
    YellowcastleSirKevbags
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Just did a little blog about it (using Kev's words mostly) so that Lucy's awesome totaliser can be seen at full size in the post (wasn't sure how else to do it, other than hosting it elsewhere?!)
    http://minifigs.me/win-a-mr-gold-and-other-awesome-lego-prizes/

SirKevbags
    If you want to know what Kev looks like when not dressed as fairy...

• BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Paid.

Come on baby, Beav needs some of that sweet, sweet chrome gold...
    indigoboxSirKevbags
  • indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    @Minifigsme I am just glad you didn't chrome the mini figure of @kevbags, or @y2josh would have been fighting him with @samiam391 :)
    MinifigsMeSirKevbagsy2josh
  • OldLegoOldLego Member Posts: 28
    Just threw my hat in the ring! Thanks for doing this...fun times for a good cause. Look for something from OldLego.
    SirKevbags
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @Minifigsme Thanks Caroline, my day job is tough but its nice people can know I'm more than wands ;-)
    MinifigsMecarlq
  • scorpionsascorpionsa Member Posts: 1
    Thanks, saw this another forum and signed up. Awesome cause and awesome prizes!
    MorkManSirKevbags
    At long last I have been given some protection in the form of a parachute! £1500 now. Can we crack £2000?
    atkinsaradiemckempo81carlq
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    @kevbags I thought fairy's had wings and could fly, so no need for a parachute?

£1500 is excellent!
    ^ I had to wear funny shoes as a kid and therfore physical competance has always been an issue. Takes me a long time to learn things. Flying is a work in progress ;-)
    edited May 2013
    £1500!!! Wow! I just updated the blog with Lucy's new totaliser at £1500!
    SirKevbagsLegoKip
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    Excellent cause. Entered!
    SirKevbags
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 475
    And let's not forget people, even with 1500 tickets sold you still have a much better chance of landing mr gold here than in the shops! Let alone all the other great prizes. Mmmm more tickets anyone?
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Maybe Bumblebee Girl will lend the Hairy Fairy her wings once the totaliser reaches £2000 - make it so, everybody! Your Bearded Fairy needs you! ;-))
  • jenbooksjenbooks Member Posts: 1
    Entered! My fingers are crossed. :)
    SirKevbags
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    kevbags said:

After that there will be two hats. One with names. One with prizes. A name will be drawn and then a prize until everything is allocated.

It's looking like you're going to need one gigantic hat for the prize draw. =D
    SirKevbags
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited May 2013
    Kev, please tell me you're not gonna use a real hat to do this, you can just do it using a random number generator website by assigning numbers to each entry and to each prize.

If you are determined to use a real hat...
    SirKevbags
    Computer generated shenanigans? Oh no no. That just won't do ;-) I have books of actual raffle tickets :-)
    MinifigsMeDanGP
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    You are delightfully mad my friend :-)
    JenniLostInTranslationMinifigsMe
    ^ Why thankyou :-)
  • kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    I reckon @kevbags is eyeing up those boots in the pic and not the hat @atkinsar ;o)
    LostInTranslationMinifigsMe
    Will we manage to fill all these bricks.........?
    @kempo81 While I do own footwear made of more exotic animals they remain built on a Chelsea last not cowboy. I have to buy British ;-)
    carlqsidersddatkinsarflowerpotgirl
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 467
    @kevbags has the totalizer been increased again? has @lost been busy? Yes I see the total is now at an impressive £1750, but there are more bricks on top surely, are you expecting a large increase!
    @rich69 We can only hope :-) It would be great to break the £2000 barrier which for me wasn't even a consideration when this started.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548

Is this the future for kevbags?

• pantboypantboy EnglandMember Posts: 211
    Made my contribution towards the push for £2000

If the totaliser gets to £2000 maybe we should start a second fund to buy @kevbags a Mary Poppins umbrella or at the very least some fairy flying lessons.
    SirKevbags
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 539
    Well done to everyone involved. Bought my tickets. Fingers crossed.

Bob
    SirKevbags
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 516
    Second lot of tickets purchased to help the push to £2000.
    SirKevbags
  • faish888faish888 Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone, this sounds interesting. It's a worthy cause and might try my luck to see if I can get Mr Gold. I am from Malaysia, wonder if this is open to people from all countries and whether we can receive the prizes if we are so lucky. :)
    @faish888 Anyone can enter and anyone can win. Join the fun and good luck :-)
  • faish888faish888 Member Posts: 4
    @kevbags just made my little contribution. Will help spread the word to the Lego fans here. Good luck and cheers to all!
    SirKevbagsJenni
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    Hello
    just paid!
    Thanks Kev!
    SirKevbags
    Sorry for the lack of totalizer updates today folks. I've been checking entries and allocating tickets etc today so not really kept an eye on the total with recent entries. We are getting close to £2000 though........
    MorkManadiemcindigoboxcheshirecatGothamConstructionCo
    And there it is :-)
    atkinsaradiemcsidersddBastaprincedravenLegoKipgreekmickGothamConstructionCokempo81
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    3,000 now? :o)
    adiemcGothamConstructionCo
    I didn't think £2000 was possible :-)
  • sinfantisinfanti Member Posts: 7
    ^ and it's not over yet
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Awesome! This group rocks! Or should that be bricks?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited May 2013
    As the totatlizer rises (yay!), I can't help but also feel my chances of winning getting ever so small (noooo!). LOL

:o)

:o[

:oD

:oC

LOL

It's like waiting for 'death by snoo snoo' :oD
    photo death-by-snoo-snoo.gif
    BumblepantsadiemcYellowcastlePoochy
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ There's a solution for that. Each time the totalizer doubles double your entry :)
    SirKevbags
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 550
    I've just entered, in support but hopefully not in vain.
    SirKevbags
    Don't forget double dipping is allowed :-)
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    just entered.
    SirKevbags
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 373
    Just entered, not too worried whether I win, but I think the idea is fantastic and would love to see the look on the kids faces when they get the LEGO. Just the thing to help cheer them up at a difficult time.
    SirKevbags
    ^ Fingers crossed the folks distrubuting sets will be able to get some pictures with staff/children but it will depend on parental consent which can be difficult.
    LegoKip
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    edited May 2013
    As discussed, have entered mate. Great job so far & fab community spirit.
    SirKevbags