Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Amazon going the way of TRU?

Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,003
edited August 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
I just noticed this tonight, maybe its a mistake. Amazon marked up the UFO abduction set and then advertises that it is on sale, even though it is the regular retail price that [email protected] sells it for. What gives? Has anyone else seen this phenomenon from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Space-UFO-Abduction-7052/dp/B004P972J4/ref=zg_bs_236510011_57

Comments

• JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    I noticed that this morning. I have seen it from Amazon Market Place sellers, but that was the first I've seen for Amazon.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    They've been doing it a while; I noticed it during holidays 2010.

It's pretty devious because the majority of items are not marked up, and so it's easy to make the blanket assumption that everything is MSRP.
  • macmonmacmon Member Posts: 80
    Noted the markup in Heroes 3 villain
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    I noticed they especially have marked up the smaller sets. The Speed Boat 4641, for example was $8 at one point. It is now a "bargain" at $6.79. Even TRU doesn't mark up the small stuff this much.