Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Was having a tough week and happy to see Friday. Came home to a big [email protected] box and knew it was my B-Wing & Han so even happier. Then where I would usually drop my keys I see something that makes me the happiest I can be. My gf loves of me and chose to show it in the form of Lego!
    SirKevbagsGuroooJennicarlqGeddessidersddCircleKLegoMom1margot
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Sore fingers from searching for Mr.Gold.
    indigobox
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,864
    Why do some BL sellers think I won't mind them charging me nearly £4 for postage, when other sellers charge almost half that for a similar order?

Do they think I won't remember, and buy from them again?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,556
    Finally snagged a #8092 Luke's Landspeeder from Walmart.com when it came back in stock. Paid RRP, but with a giftcard so it felt like free. Saving the rest of the giftcards for a sale on HH or the HE
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    Is in severe need of a Lego fix, stat!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,577
    Having an awesome Lego day. Bought #76007 and the CMF encyclopedia at good prices, got home to find 2 of my BL orders for making Tony Stark's lab have arrived and just won an old version Spiderman and Doc Ock on eBay for the grand total of £9.50.
    All in all, good day's work!
    Now on to updating the totalizer then Lab building whilst watching Iron Man :-))
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    ^ - You mean you've built all those polys and figs already, Beth? Golly, the comedown after finishing that lot must be fierce!! ;-P
    ^ yep Carl, plus 2 small kits and 2 bricklink orders and half of series 10 lol. Oh my is it fierce!! Add to that the frustration at a lack of a zombies to purchase and an unfortunate inernational Lego related paypal fiasco and I really need me some plastic parts to build and drool over hehe!
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    Rebuilding all the LotR sets with my son, Helms Deep now. Reason : when he has reached his maximum playtime on his DS he can continue the adventure with the sets and minifigures. Kids are very inventive ....
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    My LEGO store haul from Friday.
    And the contents of my PAB cup. I was pretty pleased with the selection and glad to get a bunch of clear pieces to use as glass-fronted shop counters.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ I love those clear pieces too, I've used them as a railing in a mezzanine level. Jealous of your black bricks, I don't ever seem to find them.
    @Jenni, I wanted to get a good number of 1 x 4, 1 x 2, and 1 x 6 bricks (no luck there) - the black ones were a bonus, I think they'll work well in a vignette of Snape's apartment!
    @dejavu I'm looking forward to photos of that, if you're not planning to post them here would you PM me a link?

We have done absolutely nothing towards creating it, but we dream of a LEGO Night Circus. The Joust was really interesting to us for that reason, our first LEGO tents :).
    edited May 2013
    Is feeling like a very lucky girl today! With the very kind @indigobox finding the figures to complete my sons series 9 collection and then my mum arriving with the minifig encyclopedia for me and sunday lunch. spoiled rotten!
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    Was in the lego store cardiff, my gf couldnt understand why someone, was feeling lego bags! He was really annoying her lol
    RomanticWarrior
    @Jenni - will let you know when I have the pix up. A night circus sounds very cool. @Geddes - OMG, there were at least six or seven people feeling up lego bags when I was at the store (Concord, NC)!
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,433
    I why store changed up their PaB wall. Same stuff for months. I'd like to pick up some bricks that would work with AC (purples and lime greens). One day I'll build some AC MOCs. Although I have a tiny bit of hope that AC may make a comeback with that rumored second wave. Not holding my breath though.
  • Captain_EyebrowCaptain_Eyebrow Test Valley, somewhere between Brickset Towers and Narnia . . . .Member Posts: 145
    is wondering how many more Really Useful Boxes it is going to take to pack up all the still boxed sets to keep them safe for moving! It's a good job Staples have got them on for 2 for £20.00!
    Is on a Lego low, feel like I'll never find my zombie :(
    It finally happened at long last. I hit the bottom of the slippery slope. The original Mr. Gold himself...
    Penkid11samiam391JenniCapnRex101AnseltheCatindigobox
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,348
    @Brickdancer- It looks so pretty sealed, doesn't it? ;o)
    So nice... sealed...
    So very elegant... sealed..
    So wonderful... sealed

;o)
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Pulled all parts for #6285 from a bulk lot we purchased except for a few which we are pretty confident we have in our existing bulk. Should be able to build tomorrow if we pull these final pieces tonight while it's nice and cool.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,291
    @BrickDancer - Open it... :)
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    Opening sealed inner bag- putting Mr. Gold together!!!

@BrickDancer - Open it... :)

The temptation is palpable, even if just one time to get the chrome-to-skin contact. But the all-seeing eye will find me :gasp: My preciousssss...

He will be set free one day, I swear it. But it shall be a special day to be celebrated with champagne flowing. Maybe the day I finish building the UCS MF, this will be the cherry on top :)

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,791
    edited May 2013
    Have just finished #10240. Have to say, it's massive and really striking - loving it! A little miffed since the canopy was scuffed but will order a replacement now.

B-Wing tomorrow? Nah!!!! :-)
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    As Brickdancer I also just received one of the other 9.999 available... I am definitely going to open it as soon as I go back home. It will be put on display in a frame.. together with all the other exclusive figs.

I know that it will lose £100 just for being opened, but I don't want to stare at a white bag. He'll be fine next to TC-14! Wasn't it a "she"? They'll get along just fine! Unless... :D
    GothamConstructionCoBrickDancerindigobox
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    Went to Toys R Us and I actually found a good deal! Galaxy Squad sets were MSRP, and I found the Alien Conquest Alien Mothership nearby that was 50% off (TRU price). Because the Star Slicer and this discount were of equal value, I just couldn't ignore the BOGO 50%! Both are wonderful sets, but the Mothership is definately not worth the original MSRP.

On my journey to the local Lego Store later that day, I was found directing someone to a certain section of the store. The new assistant manager saw that along with my intel on all the sets in the store, and, after helping her complete her collection of Series 10, I was offered a job during the next Christmas Season. I will definitely be thinking about it!

I'd call that a pretty good day if I do say so myself!
    JenniLostInTranslationlegonut80LegoMom1LegoboyFarmer_JohnAnseltheCatindigobox
    @Penkid11, that job offer sounds fantastic, although you might end up spending all your pay...

@Jenni, I finished Snape's Apartment. You can find it here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] I hope you enjoy it!
    Farmer_John
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    ...and here it is! Actually, my gf opened it for me in case I had any second thoughts :) Yes resellers, now you can thank me, I have just increased a little the value of your sealed ones.

Now.. there are some empty spaces to fill :)
    BrickDancerLegoboysidersddGothamConstructionCoPenkid11SirKevbagsJonn420indigobox
    @dejavu I do! The Lily Potter shrine is a great idea.
    Today I have been building set #10240 - Red Five X-wing Starfighter and am delighted to have actually successfully applied the stickers on the windscreen without air bubbles or any skewing.

What an incredible set it is...
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    Penkid11 said:

On my journey to the local Lego Store later that day, I was found directing someone to a certain section of the store. The new assistant manager saw that along with my intel on all the sets in the store, and, after helping her complete her collection of Series 10, I was offered a job during the next Christmas Season. I will definitely be thinking about it!

I'd call that a pretty good day if I do say so myself!

I returned to the store today, only to find the assistant manager visiting on her day off with her daughter. She waved "hi" and called me by name. She then proceeded to get her daughter to ask for help in finding her a Painter CMF.

@dejavu
    I have thought hard on that, and I realized that I would have more intel on things discontinuing. I would probably have a better time organizing my funds if I knew when, and when not to buy.
    @Penkid11 - if you have the self-control, go for it!
  • Captain_EyebrowCaptain_Eyebrow Test Valley, somewhere between Brickset Towers and Narnia . . . .Member Posts: 145
    I have been cataloging my Classic Space sets as I get all the boxes organised before we move. I think there maybe a box somewhere else as I'm sure I've got more . . . . . .
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,864
    Bricklink appears to be down... :(
    Has spent today sorting through the CMF graveyard that is my youngest sons Lego box. I am now done until more parts can be found, 2 base boards filled and 4 freezer bags still to complete! And now to curl up with a Lego book and chill :)
  • RobvdVeerRobvdVeer Member Posts: 4
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    I was the best Mummy in the world tonight because I put the new Lego bedding on my 6 year olds bed, he said he would have great Lego dreams tonight :)
    LostInTranslationLegoMom1LegobutterflyJenniLegoboyindigobox
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Lego overload - looking at 35lbs to clean and sort.
  • chakinochakino Member Posts: 159
    Up at half six due to shoulder pain now I can't get back to sleep but going to Glasgow for my first ever visit to a Lego store .
    AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    edited May 2013
    I'm in a good mood!
    My wife just came and said "We got LEGO in the mail today and they're for ME, NOT YOU!" Seems as if I've successfully turned my wife into an AFOL. I just wish she would've let me add to her BL order... we could've saved shipping costs.

Oh - and she now regularly scans Craigslist for LEGO and sends me notes like "Is this a good deal?" Ahh... Love!
    dejavucaperberrymargotindigobox
    Is still waiting for a delivery of Lego which is taking forever to arrive, I wonder if the courier will ever get their fingers out and deliver it. Bad Lego times!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    ^^ My wife told me today that she broke down and started a Pinterest board of LEGO. Life is good...
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    Well other than the fact that I am getting married in two weeks...i bought the wedding minifigure wedding favor/topper. I need to put that together; but I always have LEGo thoughts running in the back of my head..Next up is getting all the castle sets coming out this summer. ( Just bought the smallest one for 10.91 with a 20% off coupon at TRU ).
    edited May 2013
    Accidentally touched a M*******K today.

Scarred for life... I've been washing my hands all day.
    JenniPenkid11legofanfromleedsindigobox
    @samiam391 - What excuse can you possibly give for such a misdeed?
    @CapnRex101- I was piecing together a used set I purchase... and... I found..... it.

And then quickly flung it across the room..
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,942
    The SSD finally available at an agreeable pricepoint via Amazon.fr: 300 Euros (about £260). Just ordered, but out of stock, awaiting stock - will take at least a week to get here.
    SirKevbags