Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Hello everyone.

alconkalconk Member Posts: 1
Hello everyone, thought I'd introduce myself my name is AL and I'm from central IL. I have always had a interest in Legos but never know where to start. I don't own any but thinking about buying the Tower Bridge. My interest with Legos is all about buildings. I see on the net how people are building these amazing replicas of for example The Willis Tower and the Twin Towers and so on. Well that is what I would like to do but need some help on where to turn for maybe instructions and purchasing. Thank you and have a great day.

AL

Comments

• OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 612
    Welcome from Mundelein, IL. You'll get lots of advice from the expert builders here, so have fun! Just be sure to keep a close eye on your bank account, if you ever want to build those amazing replicas yourself; those $.05 bricks really add up!
  • indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    Howdy Al,
    Building Modulars is a good way to start learning techniques on how to make the buildings interlock with floors.

You can acquire most of the instruction manuals online with if you want to read those and see how they work either from here or from Lego itself.

As @Oldfan mentioned becareful on your bank balance. 0.05c soon add up when you need thousands of bricks :)

CJ. :)
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 853
    I usually download the PDF of the set I want to build through Brickset.com - they've got a ton of them. Just look for the link on the set page. Then I use my own bricks or Bricklink.com to buy the pieces I need! Good luck and welcome!