Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

May the 4th Promotion 2013

Comments

• BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    rocao said:

Wow! They're just giving out $20 sets from what was supposed to be their hottest theme of the year? If that's an indication of how Chima is doing, some people at LEGO must be feeling very uncomfortable right now.

That was my first thought as well. The cartoon series new episodes can't get here fast enough for them...
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    So those in the US essentially got their B-wings for roughly 60 USD? (Assuming one sells off the freebie poly and speedor.)
    FollowsClosely
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 496
    Hardrada said:

So those in the US essentially got their B-wings for roughly 60 USD? (Assuming one sells off the freebie poly and speedor.)

Isn't the poster worth anything?!?

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,341

Hardrada said:

Isn't the poster worth anything?!?

Last year there was a run of over 50,000 posters (I believe). The only difference between all of them was the limited edition number on the back, that reminded the owner they really didn't have anything rare or unique enough to sell.

So no, not really :o)

The most you can probably due is charge a dollar or two extra and sell it with your Han Solo polybag.
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 496
    ^joking... it will end up on my son's wall.

Oops, it's hard to read sarcasm on the internet. :o)

Mine will probably end up at the bottom of the trash..
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Hardrada said:

Last I heard, LEGO stores in the US are giving them away for free and the price in every other country has been increased 50%.

Can we stop talking about this now? It was a two-day sale on a set no one cared about before it was on sale. And it still cost $100, which is no small amount of money for the average resident of the US.
    pillpod
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 759
    Received the poster (now on my youngest's wall) and Han today. PAB order to follow.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Now I've got him, the Hoth Han is actually very nice. The printing on his face and torso is lovely. But still, he doesn't feel special if you know what I mean.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    binaryeye said:

Can we stop talking about this now? It was a two-day sale on a set no one cared about before it was on sale. And it still cost $100, which is no small amount of money for the average resident of the US.

This is the May the 4th promo topic, there's not much to talk about here by now. And the speedorz gift was an absolutely new info. Apologies if I missed the two hour time interval in which it was deemed okay to discuss it. Anyhow I'm sorry that I wasted your time with my two sentence, one and a half line long post.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Bandit said:

Lol crazy. So I guess it wasn't a sale to get rid of extra b-wing stock, it was a sale disguised as getting rid of excess b-wing stock to get rid of excess Speedorz stock.

Can we all send our Speedorz to @kevbags to give to the charities along with everything else? That would be awesome - he might have 500 to give out if we did that. :)

For sure. For those in the U.S. who are receiving them, and don't want them, or don't have someone to gift them to, you can send them to me for inclusion on the donation to the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. I'm handling the donations to that hospital. PM me for shipping details. Thanks.
    SirKevbagsFollowsCloselyatkinsar
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    edited May 2013
    Hardrada said:

This is the May the 4th promo topic, there's not much to talk about here by now. And the speedorz gift was an absolutely new info. Apologies if I missed the two hour time interval in which it was deemed okay to discuss it. Anyhow I'm sorry that I wasted your time with my two sentence, one and a half line long post.

No apology needed. I'm sorry for my flippant response.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,003
    samiam391 said:

Oops, it's hard to read sarcasm on the internet. :o)

Mine will probably end up at the bottom of the trash..
    They make reasonable wrapping paper for presents. At least, that is what happened to a few of my R2 ones last year.
    FollowsClosely
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    It's a really smart move on Lego's part to include them in people's orders (really generous of them too!) For a kid who has not played with any Chima sets or heard of it, playing with these speedorz might just get them hooked and before you know it, Chima sets will be on their want list.
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 999
    Renny said:

It's a really smart move on Lego's part to include them in people's orders (really generous of them too!) For a kid who has not played with any Chima sets or heard of it, playing with these speedorz might just get them hooked and before you know it, Chima sets will be on their want list.

I doubt it was intentional. The audience ordering the b-wing would not be the target audience for these speedorz. That said, my boys would love a speedorz set. So it would work on my household.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,410
    sidersdd said:

Bandit said:

Lol crazy. So I guess it wasn't a sale to get rid of extra b-wing stock, it was a sale disguised as getting rid of excess b-wing stock to get rid of excess Speedorz stock.

Can we all send our Speedorz to @kevbags to give to the charities along with everything else? That would be awesome - he might have 500 to give out if we did that. :)

For sure. For those in the U.S. who are receiving them, and don't want them, or don't have someone to gift them to, you can send them to me for inclusion on the donation to the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. I'm handling the donations to that hospital. PM me for shipping details. Thanks.
    Not Peyton Manning??? The horror!!!

• The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    TLG like any good dealer... first one is free.
    DougoutmadforLEGO
    edited May 2013

Renny said:

I doubt it was intentional. The audience ordering the b-wing would not be the target audience for these speedorz. That said, my boys would love a speedorz set. So it would work on my household.
    It was intentional. The woman I talked to said that they were a free gift.

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ and they are probably putting them in ALL shop at home orders (at least those over a certain $$ amount), not just the May 5th promo orders
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 83
    There is a Chima flyer included which says it's a free trial.

"We would like to thank you for shopping at shop.LEGO.com with a free trial of the hottest new Lego theme! ..."
    FollowsClosely
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Hey, watch it now. Peyton was a UT Volunteer. And, he should have won the Heisman Trophy, but that year they decided they had awarded too often to QB's and felt compelled to give it to a wide receiver!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @samiam391 Take it with you the next time you buy LEGO, wherever that may be, give it to the first kid you see and make their day instead.
    Farmer_John
    cloaked7 said:

Hey, watch it now. Peyton was a UT Volunteer. And, he should have won the Heisman Trophy, but that year they decided they had awarded too often to QB's and felt compelled to give it to a wide receiver!

I'm a Cowboys fan. I can't stand Eli or Peyton. My wife's family are all from Indiana and Colts fans. All I heard was Peyton this and Peyton that. Then Eli came and refused to Olay for the team that drafted him. What a....
    Jenni said:

@samiam391 Take it with you the next time you buy LEGO, wherever that may be, give it to the first kid you see and make their day instead.

Great idea, but inside the store you might be accused of stealing and outside the store you might be accused of something else. I don't think @samiam391 can handle being locked up :)
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    cloaked7 said:

Cornerback. ;)

Go Blue

cardgenius
    Pitfall69 said:

sidersdd said:

Bandit said:

Not Peyton Manning??? The horror!!!

They still respect the guy here, and miss him. Plus, "Luck" doesn't have the same ring to it on a hospital name.
    Yellowcastle
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Pitfall69 said:

cloaked7 said:

I'm a Cowboys fan. I can't stand Eli or Peyton. My wife's family are all from Indiana and Colts fans. All I heard was Peyton this and Peyton that. Then Eli came and refused to Olay for the team that drafted him. What a....
    Peyton is okay to me (Brady is better and an AFOL to boot!), but no love for Eli ever. I'm a Chargers fan and the city will never forget that diss.
    Pitfall69YellowcastlesidersddDougout

cloaked7 said:

Cornerback. ;)

Go Blue

UofM fan?

Pitfall69 said:

Jenni said:

Great idea, but inside the store you might be accused of stealing and outside the store you might be accused of something else. I don't think @samiam391 can handle being locked up :)
    @Jenni- A good idea :o) Beats sending it to the trash. If possible, I'll do exactly what you suggested.

@Pitfall- You're right. Every day away from my collection is like torture.

Pitfall69 said:

cloaked7 said:

Peyton is okay to me (Brady is better and an AFOL to boot!), but no love for Eli ever. I'm a Chargers fan and the city will never forget that diss.
    Brady is better? I guess all you Charger's fans have to find something to cheer about/for come playoff time...
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited May 2013
    They gave away Chima sets at the Lego Kidsfest as well. I think they are trying to get people interested in the theme.

My B-wing has changed status from backordered to In Process!
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    ^ Same here...yay!
    Received two of my shipments today. Two free Chima sets included. I'll add them to the pile to donate.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Pitfall69 said:

cloaked7 said:

Cornerback. ;)

Go Blue

UofM fan?

Yup. But getting a wee bit off topic

Yeah, but doesn't every thread? Did you go to UofM?
    OK, back on topic. My Chima speedors have found a good home. I wonder if everyone will be getting these?
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Pitfall69 said:

cloaked7 said:

I've been a Broncos fan since way back when and, living in Indiana, quickly learned to hate Peyton Manning (and the Colts, to boot). So imagine my delight when he showed up in Denver last season...

To be fair, he's been pretty great for Denver, and I think they have an exciting year ahead of them... but I still can't stand the guy.
    cardgenius
    y2josh said:

Pitfall69 said:

cloaked7 said:

I've been a Broncos fan since way back when and, living in Indiana, quickly learned to hate Peyton Manning (and the Colts, to boot). So imagine my delight when he showed up in Denver last season...

To be fair, he's been pretty great for Denver, and I think they have an exciting year ahead of them... but I still can't stand the guy.
    I'm going to Dallas to see Cowboys vs. Broncos. Should be fun :)
    ^*muffled laughter... I'd be willing to place a bet on who wins that game.
    edited May 2013
    ^Don't go there Samuel. I'm sure Rothlisberger is an excellent CMF pack feeler. I'm sure he has found a bunch of Mr. Golds by now. I think he was spotted feeling up a bunch of packs at a bar.
    LostInTranslationBanditBrickDaddycardgenius
    OK. One thing that hasn't been mentioned was the condition of the B-Wing boxes upon arrival. Mine were very good compared to last year. TC-14 burrowed into my SSD and my IS was totally crushed even though the packing box was perfect.
    People will dislike a player for the strangest reasons. Usually because they play for a team that is a rival against their team. I don't hate any NFL QB's. I don't personally know any of them, so I'm not one to judge.

I don't personally know Peyton or Eli, but from what I can gather they are good people, along with their father Archie. I will admit I'm partial to Peyton, because I'm a UT fan. But, all I ever saw from Peyton while he was at UT was a class act. He was a very responsible, mature young man while at UT. He didn't have an ego. He didn't do stupid things that so many college kids do. He stayed at UT for his senior year when he could have left earlier for the money but he didn't. He's a bit of a nerd who (I heard) doesn't even know how to connect his TV cable. Course, he doesn't have to worry with connecting his cable today. But he's a football genius. He knows the game, QB position, and offense better than most anyone in the league. Is he perfect? Nope. None of them are. But, all things considered I think he's one of the best QB's the NFL has ever seen. His records speak for themselves.
    I'm somewhat trying to steer things back on topic, but you guys are making it hard for me. I can talk football for a long time.

Lego related, TLG should grab an NFL license.
    And we seque from LEGO to the NFL, then seque back to LEGO AND the NFL. What do you have in mind @Pitfall69? A bust of Peyton in LEGOS? Or, maybe something life sized, I bet! :-) Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Oh man!!! I set myself up yet again, but I did like my "bust" on Roethlisberger :)
  • weaselkingweaselking Member Posts: 61
    Back on topic...

At least my kids loved the Yoda ears.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    samiam391 said:

Brady is better? I guess all you Charger's fans have to find something to cheer about/for come playoff time...
    I thought we were friends Sam? Why'd you have to go there? It cuts deep every post season, usually after only the 1st round. And usually by the Jets :(
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see an NFL licence but I don't think the global appeal is there. I know every year in the UK the sport is growing hence the addition of a second game being played at Wembley this coming season and there is also good support in Germany. Despite that it remains a minority sport.

Football being a truly global game would have more appeal worldwide, unfortunately in a key sales market of the US I'm guessing its sport number 5 in the pecking order? I'm not counting individual things like golf and tennis.

So until American Football takes huge strides worldwide (unlikely) or Football takes over the US (never going to happen) then I don't see there being much scope for a major sports licence.

And for the record a Redskins fan after being given a Riggins jersey when I was 7.
    Pitfall69
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    Are these Chima freebies a US thing only? Got my Rancor set last night - the Han fig looks like Kenny from Southpark. The poster isn't up to much.
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 880
    I ordered a few little polybags and a lump of PaB on Saturday. My order arrived yesterday with the PaB to follow. Han was enclosed in the box with the poster.

No Chima sets in my order though!