Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

May the 4th Promotion 2013

Comments

• BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Just one confirmation email for multiple orders for me so far. Last year with multiple orders for the IS, I only got 1 or 2 confirmation emails. I got shipping emails for the rest, but never the initial confirmation ones...
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^^^ Wow, that was quick.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Actually lasted longer than I thought, especially with the high limit.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    holy smokes? sold out?
  • forumreaderforumreader Member Posts: 97
    Ok good, sold out. Now no temptation to get into Star Wars UCS :) Good luck, fun building and happy reselling to all who ordered!
  • HothgarHothgar Member Posts: 25
    Never been in that forum, lol, looks like I got lucky
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    Renny said:

Same.. I thought it would be gone within 20 minutes max. 45 minutes is a surprise. They must have had a lot of stock to move.
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    yup already sold out already. looks like all sale of B-wing going to customer service other one in process...
    yup i am sure each store will have at least 10-20 so that's a lot of Bwing
    samiam391 said:

Renny said:

Same.. I thought it would be gone within 20 minutes max. 45 minutes is a surprise. They must have had a lot of stock to move.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    I wonder how long before they cancel all of the resellers' orders and they have these back in stock again for everyone else?
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    @hothgar- In that case, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy it here!
  • sabrickssabricks Member Posts: 10
    Looks like I missed out since it is sold out!
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    3 separate orders and one confirmation so far...
  • HothgarHothgar Member Posts: 25
    I've been in this one , just not buy collect :)
    ^lol that would be classic. Set a limit of 5, identify the resellers, cancel their order, issue ban, set the trap anew, repeat.
    yys4u
  • ZathrasZathras Member Posts: 70
    My wife was deeply amused with the nap I took after work so I wouldn't miss the B-wing sale. Telling her that they sold out in 40 minutes makes the ribbing worth it.
    sidersddLegoFanTexasBrickarmor
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    I just looked at my order status online and the total doesn't include my VIP point redemption. The "receipt" I had printed right after ordering does though. Is this normal?
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    VIP points are often screwy on lego.com when they are running a sale. Often they won't let you redeem them during these peak times. Should sort itself out in a day or two.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Mine too, although my email confirmation had the VIP redemption in the total. Still haven't received my second e-mail confirmation.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Renny said:

^lol that would be classic. Set a limit of 5, identify the resellers, cancel their order, issue ban, set the trap anew, repeat.

That would be quite amusing, considering Ackbar designed the B-Wing.

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,292
    Dang. I miscalculated when EST started and blew it. Kinda bummed they set the limit at 5. Hoping some come back later in the day.
    Zathras said:

My wife was deeply amused with the nap I took after work so I wouldn't miss the B-wing sale. Telling her that they sold out in 40 minutes makes the ribbing worth it.

I took a late nap (my second) then broke my finger. I only need one hand to click and buy...lol

• Ra226Ra226 Member Posts: 15
    Ordered one (for myself!) about 9.15, finally got the conf email at 9.55. Was considering buying two and flipping the other, but it just doesn't seem right. I'm glad at least one more person out there will get to have this set. I'm also glad I didn't spend too much time making the decision--sold out already!
    SirKevbagsyys4u
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    Wow, sold out. How reliable is Lego's inventory - can I be confident I'll get the one I ordered (around 5-10 minutes into the sale) or should I tell my husband to go to the store just in case tomorrow? We just want the one to build.
    @ Bumblepants don't worry there will be a lot in stores. lemme know if you need it :D i will go to the store and get one for you :) shipping and handling cost on you though...

Dang. I miscalculated when EST started and blew it. Kinda bummed they set the limit at 5. Hoping some come back later in the day.

• YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    I'm happy I got one, because I would've gone crazy if I ended up missing one because some greedy bastards ordered 5. It's not often Lego's throws us a bone, and given the fact that re-sellers take 95% of the stock I can understand why. Lego should be wise enough to realise nobody needs 5 B-wings, but as long as I get mine to build, I don't care about the re-sellers.
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    I wonder if they allot a certain amount for sale, at specific time intervals... If you missed it, checking back regularly may allow you to grab one/some. But then again, maybe they aren't that sophisticated, since they allowed x5 per order. I bet that was a mistake, and someone forgot to change it.
    Just got second email.
    that's 10X ... wow :)
    Pitfall69 said:

Just got second email.

• y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^I'm guessing he ordered one at a time to maximize the promos.
    so now lets talk about black friday sale :) this one is gone... does lego have any other sale :P
    ^What happened? Did my post repeat itself?
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    D'oh, got busy working on another project and lost track of time. I can't believe they set the limit that high.

Sadly, my LEGO store is too far away to justify driving there to grab one of these. Gas money would eat up a decent chunk of the savings.
    Geez, tell us how you really feel. You want to blame someone how about Lego? Don't set a limit of 5, it's so simple to police yet they don't do it.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Got my fill. I was actually surprised they sold out so quickly. I was starting to think I was the only one buying lol. I may go to the store and scoop a few more....not sure yet.
    Did anyone place any non Star Wars orders and Han was still added to your cart?
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    All of the commotions for 40 minutes of bliss ;)

Someone earlier mentioned purchasing some Chima and getting the Han added.
    @The_Mack I'm kind of hoping that's the case, or that they at least return cancelled/rejected orders back to the inventory relatively quickly. I know I will be checking periodically over the weekend.
    I thought the IS countdown was more fun ;)
    Pitfall69 said:

Yes, I place an order with no Star Wars items, and got the Han & Poster.
    Pitfall69
    yes i did :) bought #70011 and #6857 and got the poster han and free shipping plus 129 VIP points
    Pitfall69 said:

Pitfall69
    looks like SSD gonna EOL this year.. there is a limit of 3 for it bit DS you can buy 99 :D LOL... so they have a whole load of it stashed around
    @iccarus I think you might have a good chance. I'm sure there are a few people that tried to abuse the system, and some of those orders will get cancelled.
    This is not always the case. What if you have some friends overseas and you were buying 2-3 for yourself and a bunch for several friends. 50% off with an already low (US) pricewould make sense for ssomeone wanting you to pick up some and ship them
    Quick...everyone report the sale price to Amazon. See if they'll match it :D
    Pitfall69dragonhawkFollowsClosely
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,292

@ Bumblepants don't worry there will be a lot in stores. lemme know if you need it :D i will go to the store and get one for you :) shipping and handling cost on you though...

Well, it just so happens I am in Cameroon and can't make it down to my local store at the moment. Thanks for the offer but without the Han and the VIP and free shipping it isnt as exciting.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    The_Mack said:

@iccarus I think you might have a good chance. I'm sure there are a few people that tried to abuse the system, and some of those orders will get cancelled.

Who tried to abuse the system ? I haven't heard of anyone here who tried to order more than the stated limit of five
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @atkinsar Vegas next year for May 4th? We need a shipping address ;-)
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 865
    Geez! I had it in my cart and went to get my credit card... Then started talking to the wife. And now sold out. Grrr...