Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

May the 4th Promotion 2013

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    edited May 2013
    But remember if you order more than one you're a reseller and you're gonna get banned.
  • BarneyBPBarneyBP Member Posts: 35
    +1 :)
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I worry now if the limit 5 is a reseller trap ;) Don't want to be banned!
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 373
    Geez. They really are overstocked or they are just trying to entice the resellers. (Or both?). Not sure how many people really need five for personal use?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    still won't let me order 10240 though
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    It's a trap! ;)
    TheLoneTensor
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    edited May 2013
    Um, I cannot even submit my order (with just 1 set). Clicking on "Place Order" simply gets me back to that same page, sigh.
    My order went through but I can't find an order history and haven't received an email yet.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Thank you Lego for this discount! I always wanted the B-wing!

• BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,258
    Done. You crazy kids keep it down. Let me know in morning how long they lasted.
    dougts said:

still won't let me order 10240 though

nevermind, works from the banner page on shop.lego.com, though not if you search for it by itself

• herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    Ordered, woot! Hubby is happy, and I have future Lego-for-me karma for scoring him a deal (I do like and appreciate SW, but not the way he does). Thank you all for the heads up on this!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited May 2013
    If you do order multiple B's, be sure to make each in a separate order to get a Han (and yoda poster) with each order. Also, don't forget you can also stack the free minifg poster with 5, S10 minifigs.
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    50% off the B-Wing... EU, UK, and AUS are not going to be happy...
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Way to go Lego, put a limit of 2 on sets here in the UK that are on a miniscule discount yet limit the b-wing to 5 per customer on a whopping 50% discount yet they want to crackdown on resellers :/

not sure what kind of business plan theyve got going on at the minute
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 130
    Meanwhile R2, SSD, IS are at full RRP
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    No the UK isn't happy but any ranting and anger needs to be directed at TLG not US customers. Fill your boots folks :-)
    Okay Lego, I now await the inevitable ban.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Mildly interestingly how the main "May the 4th" banner page at [email protected] reads:

Sets & More
    Up to 20% Off!
    Great deals just for May 4th & 5th!

Except the B-wing, which is way more than 20% off. Marketing typo perhaps.

I did say mildly.
    all my b-wing orders (3 x 1 each) are in "customer service" status, but my 2 x 1 each x-wing orders are "in process". in both cases I stuck to the posted limits (or less). not sure what to make of it, if anything
  • abenamouabenamou Member Posts: 12
    So did I miss something, LEGO is banning customers for buying at their said imposed limit? Is that new?
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    looks like #10224 was a flop. otherwise why would they allow 5. no?

one for myself, second for mark jr. third for mark II jr. and fourth for mark III. and the fifth one to resell LOL
    abenamou said:

So did I miss something, LEGO is banning customers for buying at their said imposed limit? Is that new?

just speculation, nothing has happened. it's all based on the recent anti-reseller warning letters that turned into shopping bans. LEGO puts the set on 50% off with a limit of 5. who's buying 5 unless they plan on reselling some? it's almost like they are baiting a trap or something...

thus the speculation

• LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    edited May 2013
    Lets hope everyone boycotts the B-wing further in every other country so stock starts piling up everywhere else, serves Lego right for not making it a worldwide sale >:P

:D :D :D
  • abenamouabenamou Member Posts: 12
    dougts said:

abenamou said:

just speculation, nothing has happened. it's all based on the recent anti-reseller warning letters that turned into shopping bans. LEGO puts the set on 50% off with a limit of 5. who's buying 5 unless they plan on reselling some? it's almost like they are baiting a trap or something...

thus the speculation

Thanks, well one could argue for parts I suppose. Value of parts is around $345 (if you needed to buy them off Bricklink).
    My 1x X-wing order went directly to inprocess and my order of 2 B-wings is in customer service. Just like @dougts
    wow. 2X x-wings :) man... u r true fan..
    dougts said:

all my b-wing orders (3 x 1 each) are in "customer service" status, but my 2 x 1 each x-wing orders are "in process". in both cases I stuck to the posted limits (or less). not sure what to make of it, if anything

wow. 2X x-wings :) man... u r true fan..

one's for a friend

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,398
    Mine have gone to customer service as well.

Considering the number of B-wings LEGO was practically "boasting" about having, I doubt any orders are canceled if they were placed within 20 minutes of the sale first going live.

^ no, it almost seems like every b-wing order is going to Customer Service status - at least anyone who ordered more than one.

is there anyone who only ordered a single b-wing total who can validate if their order also went to customer service?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Not taking any chances, so only 1 B-wing from [email protected] until shipping confirmation is received. Still have many B&M's that can be visited tomorrow and next day.
    I ordered 4.

Uh-Oh...

Maybe we should have listened to Ackbar.
    Diggydoes
  • jlbbluejlbblue Member Posts: 54
    Only ordered one and went to customer service, but just got confirmation email.
    Someone just wrote me an e-mail and told me they got confirmation for one. They ordered 10.

Obviously, 5 will be canceled. Must have gotten a little trigger happy.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    My order of one B-Wing also went straight to Customer Service, so we'll see what happens. If it goes through, I'm still planning on picking one up for @Basta and then hopefully a third for later.
    Ordered 5, just received confirmation email but still in customer service status.
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    My single B-wing order is also under customer service, just got my order confirmation email about half an hour after I ordered.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479

Not taking any chances, so only 1 B-wing from [email protected] until shipping confirmation is received. Still have many B&M's that can be visited tomorrow and next day.

Same here. I don't want to end up like LFT :(. I will be visiting Mission Viejo, South Coast, or Disney tomorrow.
    @y2josh- So... I have 4 Han Solo polybags up for sale.. interested? ;o)
    edited May 2013
    Nah. I (in theory) have a few of my own on the way.

As well as dozens of TC-14s to sell for a penny on January 1st, 2015... if need be. :D
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Ordered 2, both in customer service but just got email confirmation of first order.
    looks like u get han solo for any purchase over $75 not only star war :). just picked up #70011 and #6857 for a free han solo :)
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    edited May 2013
    My one online order went to customer service also.

I will also be visiting the store tomorrow to pick up one more B-Wing to avoid a LFT.
  • HothgarHothgar Member Posts: 25
    Hopefully they don't ban me for ordering 5...
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    My guess is that any order with a B-wing is going to go to customer service to make sure people aren't double/triple ordering x5 B-wings.
    The_Mack said:

My guess is that any order with a B-wing is going to go to customer service to make sure people aren't double/triple ordering x5 B-wings.

I'm still not risking it with how erratically [email protected] has worked lately. Yes, I'd like a B-Wing to resell. But I'd like one at 50% off to build more.
  • meyerc13meyerc13 Member Posts: 227
    Just remember, if you are using your VIP card they can still track your multiple purchases across the website and stores. If I were a reseller, I think I'd be paying cash and shredding my VIP card.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,676
    B-Wing sold out now ...
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Sold out?