Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

May the 4th Promotion 2013

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,651
    edited May 2013
    Same with Marvel, but not DC. And exclusives.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Bloody harsh if one region recieves a much bigger % discount than others. If its global policy to screw us over and tar us all with the same brush re Showcase rewards etc can we have the same policy re discounts please. Only fair isnt it?
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Basta said:

Pitfall69 said:

What did I miss?

Lol, let us dream one time!

Thanks @y2josh & @FollowsClosely for the offers, thats very kind.

Edit: @Pitfall69 Ohh sorry you were talking about the egg thing, we just had a little Biology class going on. I'm sure its not the first time you have missed class. :P
    Oh man. That was low...mighty low. Not as low as my IQ apparently.

• jeremy1973jeremy1973 Member Posts: 50

i wonder if they are getting ready to load up the offers. I havent been able to access the SW theme area in [email protected] all day, updating the prices etc. Maybe

II experienced the same thing. I was wondering also.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734

i wonder if they are getting ready to load up the offers. I havent been able to access the SW theme area in [email protected] all day, updating the prices etc. Maybe

II experienced the same thing. I was wondering also.
    It works fine for me, accessed from the US.

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,375
    Legoboy said:

20% in Uk for B-wing is still more expensive than US RRP

Well, maybe to compensate, there might be a little off DS, R2 and SSD? Who knows!? ;o)
    Who knows? I'm guessing you might know @Legoboy. :o)

Fess up James....
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    kevbags said:

Bloody harsh if one region recieves a much bigger % discount than others. If its global policy to screw us over and tar us all with the same brush re Showcase rewards etc can we have the same policy re discounts please. Only fair isnt it?

Well, nobody likes Europe. I choked up laughing over the recent Hot Toys Avengers Iron Man exclusive preorder ordeal. Collectors from Europe were all ready to put in an order when the item went live, until it was made clear the allotment was a US exclusive.
  • leego76leego76 Chandlers FordMember Posts: 360
    @vwong19 it's wider than uk only, definitely Europe but not sure about elsewhere - there are details of last weekend's event in the members section
    ^^ "I like Europe. For me to poop on!" -
    Triumph

I don't understand either why Europe...and elsewhere, get the shaft when it comes to exclusives and/or discounts. I don't think it's a policy within Lego, but maybe it has something to do with distribution and commerce laws. I don't know. I also skipped a lot of business and economic classes ;)
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,899
    Europe at least gets AFOL days which no one else does.
    ^ You're right there. The US gets magic stickers for their VIP card and can visit at a civilised hour of the day.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,899
    Who gets magic stickers?! I never do. Someone get me a magic sticker.
    Magic Stickers??!!
    Ooops. Have I said to much? I'm caught up in raffle mania ;-)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Are the stickers Chrome or recalled-glow-in-the-dark? If so, I'm in like a belly button!
  • SiESiE Member Posts: 238
    I heard the UK were getting 10179's for £100 delivered with a free chrome jabba
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    ^ Confirmed other than Jabba. It's chrome though.....with orange eyes.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^ I know, it's a chrome Ewok! ... Now why does that sound familiar?
    Legoboy
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^Lmao! I think I just quantum leaped back to circa April 2012.
    Legoboy
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,375
    At least... at least... it's chrome.

Ok, I'm done now.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    How about a chrome UCS AT-AT?

No one will see THAT coming!!!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    @Joseph, @BrickDancer - memories!
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    R2-D2 was on sale last May 4th, wasn't it? I think that's when I bought mine. Course, my memory is terrible, so I may have bought it last week. :-0
    Nope, last year SSD and IS were 20% off, R2 was normal price.
    Will Lego still allow you to make multiple orders to get more Han Solos? If they are cracking down on resellers, you would think the next logical step would be limiting how many Hans you can get.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ it was released last May 4th yes. it was full RRP though of course.
    I told you my memory was terrible. :-) I guess I got it on amazon later.
    @CCC Very good input about the mutation being considered attractive and boosting the odds of reproducing. I sincerely appreciate the detail. Thanks!

About insects? Sorry, but I don't buy into the the mutation makes an insect more attractive and helps in mating. It just isn't convincing to me. In higher level creatures I could see it happening, but not with insects. I don't think insects consider looks. I'm not convinced that insects have the intelligence to consider or evaluate attractiveness. Again, not a biology major, but I think insects mainly attract a mate via pheromones and smell. And, some insects lay eggs and they are fertilized later without mating. I just don't see a mutation benefiting an insect in the mating process considering the way they mate. :-)
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    I asked an employee about the 50% UCS B-Wing. They hushed me and whispered that it is to be kept a secret... They then continued to say that they had to send their ceiling-high stack to other stores around the country due to how slow it was moving.
    I was also told 50% tonight as well, but I'll believe it when I see it, I still bet on 20%.
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Penkid11 said:

They then continued to say that they had to send their ceiling-high stack to other stores around the country due to how slow it was moving.

Wasnt hard for anyone to predict that that would happen, it will only get worse once the UCS X-Wing comes out for exactly the same price
    That may be why production has stopped, the X-Wing probably replaced it in production.

If a set isn't selling, then it isn't selling.
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622

That may be why production has stopped, the X-Wing probably replaced it in production.

If a set isn't selling, then it isn't selling.

It shouldve been replaced by a UCS Tie fighter though, a much more interesting vehicle if you ask me :D
    I still haven't bought the B-Wing. I don't think I will buy it for 20% off.
    I think we all had the same conversation before the B Wing came out and after it was announced.
    ^ Funny! :)
  • starwarfan77starwarfan77 Member Posts: 341
    edited May 2013
    even with 20% off on ssd its $319.99. target had it on $309.99 for a long time. get a red card with additional 5% off its better than (lego including the vip points).
    so 10% off is not even a discount :P

i won't be buying anything unless i see more than 25% off :P LOL ... may be wait till new year to buy any left over sets...

just bought 9515, 9500, 9450, and 7965 for $50+tax each :P .. wish they had more of 7965 :(

• allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    When checking out tonight in the Charlotte, NC, USA store - I mentioned I was saving my VIP points for the weekend and I was told the B-Wing will be 50% off. Who knows... I find it so hard to believe with LEGO lately.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    I'm returning my Deathstar set tomorrow and will also ask if the B-Wing is 50% off.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,651
    cloaked7 said:

@CCC Very good input about the mutation being considered attractive and boosting the odds of reproducing. I sincerely appreciate the detail. Thanks!

About insects? Sorry, but I don't buy into the the mutation makes an insect more attractive and helps in mating. It just isn't convincing to me. In higher level creatures I could see it happening, but not with insects. I don't think insects consider looks. I'm not convinced that insects have the intelligence to consider or evaluate attractiveness. Again, not a biology major, but I think insects mainly attract a mate via pheromones and smell. And, some insects lay eggs and they are fertilized later without mating. I just don't see a mutation benefiting an insect in the mating process considering the way they mate. :-)

It doesn't have to be attraction. So long as the mutation gives a slight advantage (less likely to be eaten, able to travel faster or longer between feeds, able to reach slightly higher, etc.) and survive to reproduction age, then the mutation is passed on to future generations.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    OK, way off topic (but hey, think we have been for a while now), I was wondering the other day:
    How come we have unearthed dinosaur bones/fossils from 65 million years ago, would you not expect that they would be buried a LONG way in 65 million years??

and

If we can unearth things from 65 million years ago, how come we have not unearthed much in-between? If birds are evolved from Dinosaurs, where is the evidence of the 'in between' stages? I want to see the bones/fossils for the creature that was 1/2 way between a T-Rex and a chicken! :-)

Firm believer in evolution, just not something I have studied and something that interests me..
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    wow.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited May 2013
    ^^ I'm sure we have dug up lots of stuff in between but lets be honest, none of them are as cool as dinosaurs, so you probably just don't hear about them as much as you do dinosaurs.

Also they are big, and you would need to take in to consideration how and where something die's (I.e. conditions for successful fossils to occur).
    Gurooo
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    The reason we have dug up dinosaur bones is largely due to the way bones are fossilised. The conditions have to be perfect and usually happens in riverbeds where sediment can be laid down slowly. Over time, these usually dry out and leave just a small amount of rock above the bones. Also, movements in the ground can shift large amounts of rock leaving bones exposed.

As for fossils in between dinosaurs and now, we have plenty, but fossilisation is actually a pretty rare occasion. Environmental changes affect the likelihood of an animal becoming fossilised, and due to the huge climactic shifts when the dinosaurs died out, fossilisation was very unlikely until it stabilised out.
    Yellowcastle
    Thanks for the lessons :-)

Now back to topic, just in case some are not aware, the May 4th Promo starts in store on May 3rd (tomorrow) in Europe.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    When does it start online? Is it tonight or tomorrow night?
    @richo, not sure on that, but I know someone who may know @legoboy
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Apparently it starts on the 3rd in Australia as well (3.5 hours time) but as we have no B&M Lego stores it is only online.