Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

A belated hello from Manchester!

PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,455
edited April 2013 in Introduce yourself
It's occurred to me that I've never actually introduced myself on here (one of the first things I did on here was hide a load of the topics), so I thought I'd say hello now!

I'm in my mid-30s, and am fairly close to Manchester. I've been 'back into' Lego for about 9 months now. It started with the Forest Police City sets last year, then graduated to larger sets at the end of the year. I've found I'm mainly interested in the Modular Buildings, Winter Village range and some exclusives (such as Tower Bridge).

I'm currently contemplating starting a Bricklink store to try to get a bit of money back from this hobby...

Is there anyone else on here in and around the Manchester area?

Comments

• indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    Howdy :)

About the same time as me then.

I am near Liverpool in Southport so just down the road.

I also collect Modulars, WInter Village sets and Creator Special sets :) in fact looking at my collection it includes a whole lot of city, chima, Harry potter and lord of the rings sets too ooops!

Welcome aboard :)
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    edited April 2013
    Hi @Paperballpark

We met at the NB meeting in Radcliffe, hello again.
    Did you return to the lego shop for another excellently packed box?

Welcome anyway.
    I'm on the Wirral but come over to Manchester occasionally, gigs, shopping etc!

Steve
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,455
    pricey73 said:

We met at the NB meeting in Radcliffe, hello again.
    Did you return to the lego shop for another excellently packed box?

Hi Steve, yes I remember you! I did go back, yes. Unfortunately the selection was even worse, mainly consisting of 2x4 bricks, but I did get about 400 or so packed in there if I remember rightly.
  • pd66pd66 UKMember Posts: 167
    I believe I am one of quite a few forum members who are based in or around Manchester/Greater Manchester area - I'm based east of Manchester but work in Salford Quays.

Welcome!
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    Hello @Paperballpark, and welcome. I live in the Scottish Borders, but I shop in the Manchester lego shop, mainly because my brother lives in Cheadle, and totally understands my lego hobby (obsession). I get to kill two birds with one stone - visit the family, get a bed and a meal, and a trip to the Lego shop.
    I am not impressed with the Pick-A-Brick selection in the Manchester Lego shop. I have heard there are better ones in other branches.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Hello, work in Manchester and can regularly be found loitering in the lego store.
    Ah @pd66, I'm east of Manchester too.

Thanks @flowerpotgirl, that's dedication! Admit it, you only come down to see the family because there's a Lego store here! ;) To be fair, I went across to the Sheffield store a few weeks before, and the selection was almost as bad there. I think most stores stuffed PAB full of 2x4 bricks for the duration of the 'free PAB box' promo...
    @Paperballbark, you hit the nail on the head there, don't tell my brother! Good to know about Sheffield, thank you.
    @flowerpotgirl will you be at Manchester on the morning of the 27th April?
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    ^I will be!
    @Paperballpark, unfortunately I can't make it, but would like to go to the next one. Would have been nice to meet up with some of you.
    edited April 2013
    @flowerpotgirl ah ok. I'm going to be in a bit of a rush on the 27th anyway, as I have things to do that day :(

I might see you at the next one though, and I should have more time to chat to people then too!
  • richardh4388richardh4388 Member Posts: 132
    Hi, I live in Leigh about 8 miles from Manchester city centre. I will be attending the AFOL day at the Manchester store. I will be the guy with the lego obssesed 8 year old! Despite him not being an adult they always let him in.
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    @richardh4388, bear that in mind, they have changed the rules slightly since the last AFOL day, your kid might not be able to go in as it is an ADULT FOL day... anyway, I hope seeing you both attending there.
  • richardh4388richardh4388 Member Posts: 132
    I will check, cheers.