Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Series 10 CMF

Comments

• LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    Anbody know the UK release date. Is it May 1st?
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Perfectly said @legomatt
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,873
    LeonC said:

Officially yes. However they tend to be put out early (especially as May 1st is midweek, and new stock tends to arrive over a weekend).
  • meiklelewismeiklelewis Member Posts: 57
    I just got a sealed box of series 10 from Argos Newbury maybe try your local one may be lucky
  • LeonCLeonC United KingdomMember Posts: 364
    Thanks @andhe. I got one of the £10 TRU vouchers and its burning a hole in my pocket. I was just trying to convince myself i don't have long to wait.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    @meiklelewis how much you pay?

• meiklelewismeiklelewis Member Posts: 57
    £1.99 a pkt so a whole box of 60 was £119.40
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    Cheers
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    andhe said:

LeonC said:

Officially yes. However they tend to be put out early (especially as May 1st is midweek, and new stock tends to arrive over a weekend).
    Being delivered to UK stores next week.
    andhe
  • psychopuppetpsychopuppet Member Posts: 71
    My parents picked me up 60 for a early Birthday present since they won't be in town tomorrow . Not sure where they got them . Glad they did as a recent trip took all my extra cash. If i can I may still get a sealed box from one of the eBay sellers next month to better my chances of getting a Mr. Gold. If I don't get him it's basically "oh well I tried".
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited April 2013
    Jeepers is it that time already? Only 2 weeks til May. Wow.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,883
    Safe to say that sealed boxes from Series 10 will hold a special premium for years to year. Not a big bump, but definitely a little one.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 693
    Found Series 10 at TRU in Iowa today. There were only 35 packs in the basket. No box around.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Just went thru a case I bought from TRU... The $25 off $100 promo worked!

Here is what I found.

2 Librarian
    2 Medusa
    6 Roman
    4 Warrior Woman
    4 Mohawk
    6 Skydiver
    2 Bee Costume Girl
    2 Grandpa
    4 PaintBaller
    2 Sea Captain
    4 Mime
    4 Patriot
    6 Baseball Player
    2 Pop Star
    4 Painter
    6 Mechanic

Sadly no gold... Might sell a few on ebay. Also i think its way too many mechanics, skydivers and baseball players, not enough pop stars, medusa, or sea captains...

• cardgeniuscardgenius Member Posts: 153
    Heres a Mr. Gold thats on auction. Its at $1200 right now! And one of the pics even shows the damage to the printing on his face. This is way higher than I thought theyd be going for. Theres another auction thats a $500+ with 3 days left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Series-10-71001-Mr-Mr-Gold-Mister-Chrome-IN-HAND-4628-sealed-bag-minifig-/290901000530?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item43bb0d0152
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092

Heres a Mr. Gold thats on auction. Its at $1200 right now! And one of the pics even shows the damage to the printing on his face. This is way higher than I thought theyd be going for. Theres another auction thats a $500+ with 3 days left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Series-10-71001-Mr-Mr-Gold-Mister-Chrome-IN-HAND-4628-sealed-bag-minifig-/290901000530?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item43bb0d0152

I saw that listing a couple days ago when it was at 45 bids and $1,200! I thought that was an insane price and the best part was, the reserve hadn't been met! In the Q&A section he said it was set at 1400 but when I clicked the link now I didn't see the "reserve not met" message. I wonder if he removed it?

• BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    First few will go for huge money, I'd imagine the price will come down a lot over the next few months.
  • TXClarkTXClark Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Can anyone get a good clear pic of the back with the UPC barcode?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited April 2013
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674
    I struck GOLD!!!!!!

Uploaded with Imgupr

Found at my local Target. I had to ask at costumer service with the DCPI. ( Thank you @cyphr99 )

The packetts were in a special end-of-isle display box, not the typical case of 60.
    andhesidersddyys4uBeavkylejohnson11Penkid11
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited April 2013
    Awesome, congratulations. :)
    Are you keeping or selling, and did you feel it in store or just brought some random packs? If you don't mind me asking.
    I'm going to keep him. The employee from the stock room brought out the display in a cart and let me feel through them in store while he stood there. It looked like they weren't going to be put out on the floor.

I found Mr. Gold in the last five packets that I felt through. I didn't have high hopes going into the store and really wasn't expecting to find Mr. Gold after I felt through 95% of the packets. It's a pretty exciting feeling when you find the top hat. I'm still a little ecstatic about the whole thing.

Someone's making a special appearance at the premier:

Uploaded with Imgupr

Si_UKNZPenkid11
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Must of been exciting, nice to see him out and about.

It's great that a Brickseter has found one so early, hopefully many more to come.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,830

I'm going to keep him. The employee from the stock room brought out the display in a cart and let me feel through them in store while he stood there. It looked like they weren't going to be put out on the floor.

I found Mr. Gold in the last five packets that I felt through. I didn't have high hopes going into the store and really wasn't expecting to find Mr. Gold after I felt through 95% of the packets. It's a pretty exciting feeling when you find the top hat. I'm still a little ecstatic about the whole thing.

Someone's making a special appearance at the premier:

In this pic, the bit of Warm Gold at the end of the cane doesn't look half bad. It helps that it is directly where the (also differently-colored) diamond is mounted.

You're a very lucky individual and it's great to see that Mr. Gold is already finding his way into the hands of some collectors. Of course, this also means that people anxious to find this fig had better keep a sharp eye out for Series 10 minifigures, because once they're available for purchase in your area, they might disappear quickly!

Just thinking about it, the lightsaber blade and hilt are probably the most versatile gold parts here in terms of MOCing potential, but of course chances are if you want to have a lot of them, your best bet is to get them from ChromeBricks or another customizer. Nobody's going to be stockpiling Mr. Golds just to part them out for MOCs!
  • cardgeniuscardgenius Member Posts: 153
    That's awesome, congrats! I've yet to find any Series 10 for sale here in Denver. Hopefully it won't be much longer!
  • LosimagicLosimagic UKMember Posts: 397

I struck GOLD!!!!!!

<

That's awesome! I'm glad someone on here found one!
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    The first Mr. Gold that has gone to a collector, I presume. Nice to see one actually opened and assembled for a change. Congrats on your find. So you are keeping it then? (Tbh I would have sold it and re-bought another after prices crashed if I needed one for myself.)

A bit worrying though that this one didn't really make it to the shop floor either, so your average customer (not knowing how to request goods from the stockroom before release, etc.) had no chance at this figure either.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Brilliant find man!
    I was tempted to put Goldy on eBay but decided not to because I'm too worried I won't be able to find another.
    yys4u
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    ^Odds are that you will not find another.
    Here's what you can do. Put it up on eBay for what they are going for now and then when prices are lower, buy one later.
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    TRU in Stevenson Ranch in California has LABELLED each packet of CMF 10.

They have one box and each packet is sealed but the content is identified with Post-It notes (see pic attachment).

This is highly unusual, I've never seen it before. I wonder who they assigned to weigh the packet and label it. (The packets are pristine, they don't look massaged or smooshed).

This is probably to prevent the total mashing and gnashing of the packets in the crazed search for Mr. Gold.

Although it lowered the sense of excitement (I a proud smoosher/massager of blind packets with 90% accuracy), I had no qualm, I have a complete set without having to stand in the store awkwardly massaging blind packets!

Pic attached.

• yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    edited April 2013
    ^Wow I've never seen that... Maybe someone already went through them (Not an employee) and decided to label them for others.

I'm curious, when these hit the shelves of lego stores, you think the employees there will riffle through them in search of Mr. Gold, or you think the managers at those stores will have strict rules against it?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,453
    ^ I was in a Lego store today and was told by an employee that they will not be allowed to touch them except to put them in the sale bin.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited April 2013
    Series 10 Feeling Guide

Seeing as my TRU had a bunch in a box, I went about grabbing a whole set (sans Mr Gold - as if I were that lucky). Here's what I felt for and was pretty successful doing so. Here's a list of the easiest unique pieces that clearly identify what you have (in parentheses are other, less-easy-to-feel/less-unique identifiers).

Librarian: book (cup)
    Medusa: huge snake body - this one is identifiable the moment you pick it up the pack is so fat
    Roman Commander: sword (fanned helmet piece - don't confuse with tomahawk warrior)
    Warrior Woman: circular shield/very long spear
    Tomahawk Warrior: tomahawk (mohawk hair - don't confuse with roman commander)
    Skydiver: backpack (helmet)
    Bumblebee Girl: wings (honey pot/helmet with antennae)
    Grandpa: 2x2 tile paper (cup/bald head)
    Paintball Player: unique gun (bendable goggles)
    Sea Captain: binoculars (cap/bird)
    Sad Clown: conical hat (ruffled collar)
    Revolutionary Soldier: long musket with flared end (wig)
    Baseball Fielder: baseball glove (cap)
    Trendsetter: 1x2 tile (dog)
    Decorator: bucket/bucket handle (paint roller handle/cap)
    Motorcycle Mechanic: wrench (cap)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,284
    Pitfall69 said:

Here's what you can do. Put it up on eBay for what they are going for now and then when prices are lower, buy one later.

@jvdrummer182- Definitely what I would do. Obviously, people are getting hyped up about this figure as much as they have regarding exclusive minifigures in the past.

However, the trend never fails in that after the first few "crazys" spend 5X the price that the item is "actually" worth, that the price falls to a more reasonable price.

Patience, like in most cases, is key. So far it has never failed me.

My advice would be to at least throw the figure up on eBay for $1k. If someone bites, then you have a grand you didn't have a few minutes ago! Then, in a few weeks-months when prices shoot down, you can spend that 1 grand and get 5 Mr. Golds or more :) (or do something else with your winnings).

Obviously it is your figure, so it is your decision. Just my 2 cents :)

Congrats on the find and striking the gold lottery!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    samiam391 said:

My advice would be to at least throw the figure up on eBay for $1k. If someone bites, then you have a grand you didn't have a few minutes ago!

Actually, he'll have around $850 :)

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,284
    tensor said:

samiam391 said:

My advice would be to at least throw the figure up on eBay for $1k. If someone bites, then you have a grand you didn't have a few minutes ago!

Actually, he'll have around $850 :)

Those darn eBay fees suck the fun out of everything don't they? :)
    TheLoneTensorPitfall69yys4u
    ^yes they do.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,509
    edited April 2013
    I just hope that all Mr Golds are not in the first run of boxes, and missing from the later ones (that are all part of pre-orders I am seeing on eBay)
    and if I do not get one I will not lose sleep over it, it is a rare figure and not everyone is going to get one.

In any case, I have no time or motivation to run around like a person possessed to every retail store in my area and hopefully finding unopened boxes, taking boxes to another section of a store to try to feel for one, or 'fight' with someone to see who finds it first.. Especially when I know there are other afols in my area and will be trying to do the same thing.
    It is not 'luck' that finds these, other than someone lucky enough to find an unopened or complete case at a store first.

Honestly, LEGO KNOWS about the 'feel' technique (as the LEGO store employees are now forbidden from doing that to help customers find figs) or some time, and still decided to put a 'chase' fig into the 'standard' packs. Apparently they are also intent on allowing people to simply open a fresh box and feel for it instead of making people have to buy packs to find it, or any other, figure.
    You would think LEGO would want people to have to BUY to find, not feel.
    LEGO really needs to make these packs rigid to stop this and make people buy truly random packs, or you may as well just put a little window into the package to see the figure in it to stop the possible damage to packs. Or all the uncomfortable loitering and groping of those packs in stores. It would also stop those who abuse return policies at retail stores as well
    As far as abusing the return policy. There may be laws that prohibit a store from refusing a return, but they can charge a restocking fee. That would cut down on a lot of returns. As far as feeling the packs, store managers can invoke any policy they want. I know one store manager that only puts the CMFs in the checkout aisles and at the front customer service counter.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,509
    edited April 2013
    ^---Yeah but a rigid pack would stop it altogether, no worry from stores in states that prohibit that, no worry from managers concerned about a customer causing a seen if they decline the return. The only way to know what figure was in the pack would be to open the pack, and pretty much any place (at least in the US) will not accept open packs as returns. Otherwise they may as well just put a window into the pack so people are not taking the whole box home for the weekend to feel for the packs they want and returning them when they are done.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,887
    edited April 2013
    I personally would stop buying the CMF if there was no way to tell what was in it. Waste of time and money in my opinion. I think you would see sales drop over time personally as people are only going to spend so much money before they get fed up and abandon it. At least that is my perspective. I buy them now because I know I can get a complete set and some extras that I want at retail. If I HAVE to go to the secondary market to get a figure I want, I'm done.

The way to solve whatever issues would be as many have said, just put a voucher in random bags, redeemable for the figure. That or just make one of the actual figures in the series gold chromed. Either way, you don't know until you open the package. Problem solved.
    Jonn420
  • psychopuppetpsychopuppet Member Posts: 71
    I got a full set from what I opened so far. Going to open up the rest in a little. Already know there is not a Mr. Gold from doing a simple feel. I will try one more time next month if I have the cash if not I got my checklist set of series 10.

I just hope that all Mr Golds are not in the first run of boxes, and missing from the later ones (that are all part of pre-orders I am seeing on eBay)
    and if I do not get one I will not lose sleep over it, it is a rare figure and not everyone is going to get one.

In any case, I have no time or motivation to run around like a person possessed to every retail store in my area and hopefully finding unopened boxes, taking boxes to another section of a store to try to feel for one, or 'fight' with someone to see who finds it first.. Especially when I know there are other afols in my area and will be trying to do the same thing.
    It is not 'luck' that finds these, other than someone lucky enough to find an unopened or complete case at a store first.

Honestly, LEGO KNOWS about the 'feel' technique (as the LEGO store employees are now forbidden from doing that to help customers find figs) or some time, and still decided to put a 'chase' fig into the 'standard' packs. Apparently they are also intent on allowing people to simply open a fresh box and feel for it instead of making people have to buy packs to find it, or any other, figure.
    You would think LEGO would want people to have to BUY to find, not feel.
    LEGO really needs to make these packs rigid to stop this and make people buy truly random packs, or you may as well just put a little window into the package to see the figure in it to stop the possible damage to packs. Or all the uncomfortable loitering and groping of those packs in stores. It would also stop those who abuse return policies at retail stores as well

One reason TLG might not want rigid packaging, besides cost, can be seen again in comparison with the BIONICLE collectible packs. In the U.S, these always had rigid packaging-- other regions sometimes had them in polybags. But from what I've heard, there was a big problem with some people breaking open the packages in-store to see what was inside. The ability to feel for figures might somewhat alleviate this, though in some places it's still not unheard of to find packs broken open by customers who weren't satisfied feeling for the figs they want.

As far as Mr. Gold is concerned, I liked the idea many people have had for some type of voucher in a package with a "normal" fig, instead of the exclusive fig in a package on his own. There may be logistical issues when it comes to redeeming the vouchers, though. This method was used with a BIONICLE sweepstakes in 2004, so TLG definitely has experience in the matter, which may or may not have swayed their decision to include Mr. Gold in the packs themselves-- perhaps a number of "winning" vouchers never got redeemed or something to that effect.

Still, I can't shake the feeling that this would have offered a lot of advantages. Among other things, it would better assure that buyers who received the fig would log their find online, which I believe is a feature TLG has a vested interest in — among other things, it allows them to assess the effectiveness of the promotion, since if all the Mr. Golds are showing up in a select region that didn't necessarily order more figs than others, that suggests the next promotion of this kind would need a better-planned distribution scheme.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Will [email protected] not be distributing some Mr Golds to those who purchase directly from them? I know that there is a limit of 16 per person but I'd like to think that they'd have the sense to put some out to their "loyal" buyers instead of giving them all to TRU and Argos etc?

Will [email protected] not be distributing some Mr Golds to those who purchase directly from them? I know that there is a limit of 16 per person but I'd like to think that they'd have the sense to put some out to their "loyal" buyers instead of giving them all to TRU and Argos etc?

What makes you so certain that TLG is exercising any control over how Mr. Golds get distributed? Since the Series 10 figs are all coming from the same source (China), it's perfectly possible that once the figs are packed the distribution is not tracked. In that case the odds of shop.LEGO.com getting them versus third-party retailers getting them is just a matter of the quantities shop.LEGO.com has reserved versus the quantities that third-party retailers ordered.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 946
    I loved collecting sporting cards until the companies started getting greedy about limited/special edition cards. I sure hope the Lego Group is not heading this way.
    ^No, I don't think so. They have been putting random "limited edition chase" minifigures in sets for a few years now.
    What I mean is that it hasn't caused much of a stir until now.