Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Mosaic Programs or Apps

2»

Comments

• paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    @dustinmroberts no idea :) It's essentially a commandline tool at the moment, mostly written in Java. Packaging it up into something that others can use could be more effort than it's worth (because let's face it, it's not worth much :).
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    Finally got my "punch out" mosaic framed and up on the wall. Now I need to figure out what to do next.
    BrickDancerLegoboyLegoManiacckiki180703
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="paul_merton">@LegobrandonCP & @sidersdd, here's my version. It uses 327 parts in total, vs 2304. /></blockquote>
    @Paul_merton - do you by chance have the parts list of this anymore?: <a href="http://http://photos.jibble.org/scratch/output-legologo48.png">http://photos.jibble.org/scratch/output-legologo48.png</a>

I think this could be my next project - it would go really well in my office as a subtle way to let people know I LIKE LEGO!
    @MorkMan It's not the exact same layout, but I've uploaded one of the PDF files I generated previously.

It contains the full step-by-step instructions for making a 48x48 Lego logo out of plates, and the parts list is on the final page.
    @paul_merton. Thank you so much! My Spring Project is here!
    edited April 2013
    -redacted-
    Here's the one I made

• princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    I want to create a mosaic, but it would have to be built brick on brick, like a wall, like this:

Anyone know if there is any programs that can help me create such a mosaic?
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ PicToBrick has options for building in that format, in addition to the studs out option. It has some optimizations for piece selection, like Paul's solution, as well.
    http://www.pictobrick.de/en/pictobrick.shtml
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    ^ thanks
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 496
    I would like to try out PicToBrick but the downloaded executable file doesn't seem to run (Windows 7). Any suggestions?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ Runs fine for me in windows 7
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 496
    ^Thanks! I'll have to try it on the laptop then. Anyone else with problems?
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    This is my mosaic that I just started on Kickstarter to try and get built by ECCC 2014. It will be 5ft x 5 ft if I can get the funding lol
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    This is my mosaic that I just started on Kickstarter to try and get built by ECCC 2014. It will be 5ft x 5 ft if I can get the funding lol
  • RikTheVeggieRikTheVeggie CanadaMember Posts: 342
    PicToBrick crashes here too, Win 7 x64.
  • RikTheVeggieRikTheVeggie CanadaMember Posts: 342
    As an update to the above, running it from the command line (or 'executing' the jar directly) works fine so it's just a problem with the wrapper exe.
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I decided to do a Lego logo and ran across this old thread. I put sidersdd 48x48 plan into LDD and this is the part count if you want to use 1x1's (tiles or plates).

Black - 510
    White - 362
    Red - 1324
    Yellow - 108

I might try to re-create the 64x64 design as it has a little more definition but will start with the smaller one first.
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    ecmo47 said:
    I decided to do a Lego logo and ran across this old thread. I put sidersdd 48x48 plan into LDD and this is the part count if you want to use 1x1's (tiles or plates).

Black - 510
    White - 362
    Red - 1324
    Yellow - 108

I might try to re-create the 64x64 design as it has a little more definition but will start with the smaller one first.
    Adding some Lbg and Dbg can help round out certain areas in your lego logo. 
  • BEEKUZZBEEKUZZ California, United StatesMember Posts: 127
    Gotta come back to this thread for sure.  Lots of info to process.  I've been working on 48x96 (2 gray plates) and 64x64 (4 sand plates).  So far have played with PicToBrick on PC and Photobricks on iPhone.  My main problem with PicToBrick is that it doesn't save the mosaic config in all 3 options - size, basic & cost configs.  I could use all three for what I'm working on.   But you have to start over to reconfig and it's not exact the next time.    My dog's eye done on iPhone app Photobricks- still buying pieces if anyone has super bulk - cheap.  
  • BEEKUZZBEEKUZZ California, United StatesMember Posts: 127
    sorry for the size of the pic attached.  I'm very new to this site.