Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Backup Sticker Sheet Included

vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
I don't recall this being mentioned in any discussion or review, but I recently bought Batman's Arkum Asylum and it included 2 sticker sheets with the instructions. Did anyone else get this in their set or any other sets? I usually dislike stickers, but having a backup gave me the luxury of applying them to my set with little hesitation for fear of making a mistake or for resale reasons. I have always thought Lego should include backup stickers so this was a pleasant surprise for me.

Comments

• flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl BordersMember Posts: 190
    I got two sheets in the Friends cafe set, I also wondered if this was deliberate. it would be good if Lego started provided two sheets with every set.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    #6869 Quinjet came with a second sticker sheet too (and the instructions were flat in a bag with cardboard backing!).

Nice touch on Lego's part.
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    ^My quinjet only came with one?!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,316
    Either these are just coincidental mistakes on the part of TLC or this has become common practice in larger sets very recently. I have both the Quinjet and Arkham Asylum Breakout, and neither came with an extra sticker sheet for me. However, I bought both of those almost as soon as they came out, so maybe this is now a standard occurrence. If so, that would be brilliant!
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    Its very possible that this was a mistake and two sticker sheets were put into a box, LEGO has however invested millions into their processing and machines so I would assume this is somewhat of a science for them...But who knows. OR, yes, maybe they are testing out the reception and/or economic impact of providing two sticker sheets instead of one. I whole heartedly agree if I received two in a set without hesitation I would apply one of the sheets.

It makes me think a little about the brick separator. I mean, you get that sometimes in the most random of sets! I don't know if there is a science to that or not, but the same argument prevails there. It's not exactly free for LEGO to provide but they have found both reason and need to provide the separator so they are. Maybe we are finding this is the same story for the second sticker sheet.

Either way, you're lucky. :)
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    I'd say it was most likely a mistake, the sticker sheets would be just about the lightest item TLG produce, so probably one of the hardest to detect when doubled up on. I think cost would be a draw back as well, Even if a sticker sheet only costs them 1c if you add an extra cent to just about every set they sell it would soon add up. Unless of course they have done some research into it and decided that its worth it from a customer satisfaction stand point.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    I would LOVE if adding an extra sticker sheet would become standard. I can't imagine it being so expensive for LEGO to do this and I know fans would appreciate it very much. I always by an extra sticker sheet on Bricklink for all of my favorite sets. Sometimes even more than one. Please be true and not just a mistake!...(c:
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    @akunthita, I think that it probably wouldn't cost them much, but with out any tangible benifit, and I'm not sure making some AFOL's happier is, I don't think they would do it.

Saying that I do think the idea of buying a second sticker sheet is a great idea, as I quite often don't apply the stickers for what every reason. I'll have to look into it. Thanks.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    I got an extra sticker sheet last year with the batcave and I also got another extra one this year with the bat vs bane set :-)
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    I have to believe that the extra sticker sheet is a mistake by Lego. I do believe it is a great idea for expensive sheets ($50+). Does anyone request a sticker sheet through customer service? If so do they charge if the reason is other than missing from box.

Also I noticed the past year, Lego has started including extra 1x1 plates (in addition to 1x1 round plates, 1x1 tiles, cheese slopes, etc). A couple of years ago Lego started packing the manuals in expensive sets with cardboard backing.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    I reckon it was probably a happy accident.

However, I have before in one of the surveys, suggested that they include two sticker sheets in sets, so that you have a spare in case of error.

OT: I've also suggested before that they duplicate the actual lego elements that are to carry a sticker in sets, so that builders can have a version with stickers, and spare bricks without (to pick and choose), in order to have the choice of building with sticker, or using the brick without, in a new build.
    Crownie
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    edited April 2013
    I wish they'd made that mistake with the MF my youngest built. Looked like the sticker sheet had been under a hairdryer or something similar. Most stickers warping away from the backing sheet, and struggling to stay on the MF. Any ideas how to make them stay on, short of glue-sticking?
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    edited April 2013
    A Goblin King I got had 3 or 4 extra sheets, seriously. I guess every now and then they just cling together. I've had a couple other sets come with one additional sheet, I think it's purely accidental.

I bought extras for the Vampyre Castle and Haunted House. It makes oodles of sense to do this for any set especially dear to you, but do it early, while the set is still in heavy production. I sure wouldn't want to be shelling out for a HH sheet years from now.
  • T_LarsT_Lars USAMember Posts: 104
    I recently picked up 70701 Swarm Interceptor and it came with two sticker sheets.
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    Briking said:

I wish they'd made that mistake with the MF my youngest built. Looked like the sticker sheet had been under a hairdryer or something similar. Most stickers warping away from the backing sheet, and struggling to stay on the MF. Any ideas how to make them stay on, short of glue-sticking?

I just find that irritating and contact customer service. I let them know if they'd put sticker sheets in a plastic insert with backing, then I wouldn't have to call and have them send replacements when mine arrive crumpled and curled.

For the level of quality they claim to be shooting for, I don't think that's too much to ask.

• HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    My Battle of Helms Deep came with 2. I don't think its deliberate- ^^^ all of these seem pretty random.
    Crownie
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    I think it would be a great idea for Lego to start including a spare sheet of stickers. It's great that most instructions come packaged with a piece of cardboard because it protects the booklet and stickers from being folder and/or torn. I can still think of two seperate occasions where my sticker sheet had bad printing and I was forced to email Lego customer service for a usable replacement. I'm not sure how often they have to fix complaints like mine, or how much in shipping that costs their company... but packaging an extra sheet of stickers might save them money in the long run considering it's not expensive. Even though I'm not the type who makes mistakes with stickers, it's always at the back of my mind what might happen if my finger slips while applying one of the bigger stickers which don't slide with a little pushing. I'd be a lot happier if Lego decided to start adding a spare sticker sheet; my fingers are always crossed.
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 246
    I just received 6873 this week - it came with three sticker sheets. Think they may come in handy.
  • lovelegolovelego Member Posts: 16
    Got a extra police sticker sheet with the 60008 museum break-in set too.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    How do you purchase extra sticker sheets? I searched the [email protected] but had no luck finding them.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    ^ You need to phone [email protected] Quanities will be governed by their stock levels at the time. Licensed sets are a no go.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,578
    edited April 2013
    Yes, you have to call [email protected] to get spare stickers. I bought 2 spare for Palace Cinema yesterday for the very reasonable price of $7.34 for the 2 including shipping and handling. Cheapest on BL in the US is 9.00 each.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    I don't know about you but every time I try to call [email protected] there's lots of waiting involved. In fact I never did manage to speak to anyone, I usually gave up after 5-10 minutes of waiting. Maybe their Hungarian customer service team is understaffed.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    ^^ ^^^Thanks for the heads up. Bummer about no licensed set sticker sheets available. I would love to have an extra for each UCS set I purchase from here on out.
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 192
    I never call. I just use the Customer Service, "Missing Parts" Link on the LEGO Homepage and wait for a reply email.
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    Could be the same policy coming into play as the common spare parts (1x1 round trans plates etc) sticker sheets likely form some significant percentage of customer services calls. I have only ever rung TLG support for stickers myself.