Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

More letter tiles in Notebook

leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
edited April 2013 in Everything else LEGO
I was at Legoland last week and bought myself a new notebook. I hadn't seen it before but can see it's been on SaH for a month.

It comes with lots of 1x1 tiles with letters on, although they are with brighter coloured backgrounds than the previous black only.

It's on the Brickset database and on Bricklink, so it may be that it's well known about, but I've seen people talking about getting letters before (for instance when the business card holder came out).

A couple of very annoying things though:

1. The multi coloured backgrounds are not entirely useful for a MOC. The backgrounds are red, yellow and lime, but a given letter is always the same colour. For example, they've made red T's but no lime or yellow ones.

2. The distribution of letters is pretty screwed up. I appreciate they probably make these items for distribution in many countries (there are a few accented letters), but it seems madness to have only one O and three Qs.

3. Individual letter tiles are all marked not available on the Replacement Parts service.

May be interesting to someone nonetheless.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,822
    I saw these a couple of weeks back too. It is a real shame they don't do a complete alphabet on the same colour tiles. They would be ideal for MOCs.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    I didn't know about these Lee - thanks very much.
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    Been trying to work out words that you could write in one colour:

MAP
    DAM
    PAYS
    SAY
    BENT
    KENT
    COLOUR (but you'd need to buy another O from BrickLink)
    ROLF
    FLOUR
    caperberry
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited April 2013
    My boy got one today - of all the things in the lego store (well all the cheap things in the lego store) this is what he wanted the most. Are we assuming that all the sets have the same letter distribution - knowing LEGO I suspect so.

He's going to be mad if he can't make his name and with just one 'o' he's not going to.

@CCC doesn't the business card holder thing have all the letters on black? http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=850425-1
    So it is fun and educational :-)
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    leemcg said:

Make a list of all letters available in one color, then enter them into an anagram solver. It should be much quicker. :)

@CCC doesn't the business card holder thing have all the letters on black? http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=850425-1

Yes, but I meant on coloured as opposed to black tiles. Although I'm really after white. I have decal ones I did myself, but I'd prefer real.

Given the number of letter tiles you can get with duplo and the old modulex, it is strange that lego doesn't do a decent set of letter tiles. I'm sure parents would buy them if they look educational, I know I would. Plus they are good for personalising photoframes, etc.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    leemcg said:

MAP
    DAM
    PAYS
    SAY
    BENT
    KENT
    COLOUR (but you'd need to buy another O from BrickLink)
    ROLF
    FLOUR

This will be perfect for my Rolf Harris mosaic.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    @CCC true and definitely I would join the queue to buy a set too. I wonder how much they would be from @MinifigsMe...