Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Just set up a uk website

Me and my partner have set up our own website and would like feedback/comments on how it looks is it easy to use?
it is live so u can buy and browse but still doing finner details.

thank you lisa

Comments

• LisaBrickingItLisaBrickingIt Member Posts: 12
    http://robbyy1989.wix.com/brickingit

haha forgot to put the website up :)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,687
    edited April 2013
    If you want honest feedback ...

1) Don't expect people to find the site, it is hardly a catchy URL.
    2) A lot of your stuff looks used, but you don't seem to use the word used - just new if something is new. Although in places new seems to mean modern rather than brand new.
    3) Use the correct terminology. "Flat bricks" are plates and "raised bricks" are bricks.
    4) I only looked at a few things, and your prices seem quite high. 10 dirty used bricks / plates for a quid isn't going to get anyone rushing to buy.
    5) Postage costs?
    6) If I try to use checkout I get Error WOS2034.
    7) If you want to sell used lego, I'd suggest using bricklink and paying their 3% fee.
    hewmanSi_UKNZ
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    ^wow. Don't hold back. Tell her how you reeeeaaaallly feel.
    airways09
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited April 2013
    ^ If you don't want honest feedback, don't ask. This is also an adult forum so its not like feelings should be hurt.

Its a pretty horrible site that could only be made worse with some comic sans. The background image is bad - too many colours, too shiny, too big, too busy. You'll never make it look good with that background. The text colours are bad, partly because of the background, the layout isn't too bad (when it works, see below). Its slow probably partly due to the hosting and partly the design. The terminology is wrong (see CCC's post above). It doesn't work at all in Chrome.

Because of all the above I doubt people would trust it enough to buy anything. As above, use bricklink. The 3% costs would be well worth it. To be honest I wouldn't waste more time with it.
    If they want real feedback, I'll give honest feedback. I don't see any point in saying it all looks lovely and them wondering why no-one buys anything.

Si_UKNZbellybutton290
    okay thanks guys, ill have a look at bricklink
    haha uv got a very good point CCC
    @Ccc and @chesirecat - Obviously, there are multiple ways to give feedback. My reaction is that you immediately chose to shit all over the attempt versus being supportive.
    collect_that
    I wouldn't support a DIY lego store for the following reasons:

Bricklink is well known and so people are likely to find the store (covers my point 1). Whether or not they buy is initially down to inventory and price.

You have to specify whether something is new or used (2)

You have to use the right terminology and this helps buyers find the items they want (3)

You can easily see what realistic prices are from other sellers (4)

You don't have to specify postage costs, but many do and it helps prospective buyers (5)

Their checkout system works (6)

You can say I shit over them, I call it constructive feedback.
    roxio
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,345
    Just loads a blank page on my (android) phone, anyone got it to work via phone ?
    Right firstly thank you Phonebooth for your comment. It appears that instead of giving honest feedback CCC and Cheshirecat are simply thinking of all the possible negative things and not actually turning it into usefull feedback. As stated in my first comment we are still sorting a few things out with it so it will not be perfect.

In regards to CCC's comment:
    1) yes the website address is a little long, this is because we have not had the time to purchase a domain just yet, obviously you have not been taught how to copy and paste, then you would not need to type the full address in.
    2)If you were to look at the website propely right at the top under the title it says we sell used lego. Also when the product is new (eg unopened) we say BRAND NEW SEALED. We clearly distinguish between new (eg unopened and new (more current lego) by naming our pages 'Sets Year 2000+' and 'Sets Year 2000-'
    3)Right i will use the terminology that i think fits best. When i see the word plates i think of base plates (which are flat and do not clip onto other bricks, they can only have bricks built on top of them. Hence why i have used the words flat bricks and raised bricks. It makes perfect sense so if you dont like that then tough.
    4)You mentioned that you only looked at a few things so therefore how can you make an assumption about any of our prices being to high if you have not looked at all of them. We have done our research on what the sets sell for elsewhere and have set our prices accordingly. Some prices will be higher due to the fact that they are no longer in production so you cannot buy them brand new.
    5)Postage costs are currently being set up, hence why i stated that it was not finished and we are still working on some stuff.
    6)This error is because we are currently still setting certain things up on the website. As i have already mentioned several times.
    7)Thank you for your suggestion but we are here to make a bussiness and as paypal already take a percentage from us this is not really an option for us. Plus we are not just selling used lego we are also selling BRAND NEW SEALED lego.
    1)It may be well known but it wouldnt have been when it was first set up, it would have been at the same level as our website.
    2)We do specify whether it is new or used. All items are used unless stated BRAND NEW SEALED.
    3)We have researched other sellers prices, including the official lego website.
    4)There is nothing wrong with our terminoloy. We use 'Base Plates, Flat bricks and Raised bricks' Anyone else see a problem with this???
    5)You stated we do not have to specify postage costs, so why are you moaning about it? And as i have stated several times IT IS STILL IN PRODUCTION.
    6)Well if you love them so much since you believe they are so perfect stay with them.
  • TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Member Posts: 115
    ^ April fool's day was the other day was it not?

Have you just set up this account with brickset to troll and spam the site?

You asked for opinions and seam to have taken offence when you have been given them.

If you don't like some good advice from people that know what they are talking about then perhaps you may be best to look at another "bussiness" that doesn't involve dealing with the public.
    FurrysaurusCapnRex101RedbullgivesuwindPaperballparkMarkeySi_UKNZgifinim
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,285
    edited April 2013
    @LisaBrickingIt - I think you have missed the point of @CCC's third piece of advice. There are established names for pieces in the Lego community, somebody searching for plates will not think to search for anything other than plates. You may think that 'flat bricks' is a more accurate term but you being able to find things on your own website is obviously less important than your potential customers being able to find things.

Also, I would agree with others that your prices do seem high, an immediate example is #7151 - Sith Infiltrator. A used and unboxed example of that set sell for nowhere near £60: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=7151-1.
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    edited April 2013
    Hi @LisaBrickingIt

I wish you the best of luck in your venture. I've just searched and found there are a few other stand alone part and old set stores, often using their own terminology too.

In terms of feedback, I think this might not be the best place to come. If you want to sell to the kind of sophisticated (in LEGO terms!) audience that frequents Brickset, then doing things like coming up with your own terminology just isn't going to fly. My concern would be if you want to call plates, "flat bricks" then are you going to be able to tell the difference between (say) jumper plates with and without a groove.

That said, if you can get yourself into the right places in search engines, there's clearly some kind of market for people who are more casual buyers of Lego, without much time to investigate the alternatives, and you may be able to catch some of these buyers. You'll still need to make sure your site is readable and looks professional (you can't blame users for not looking properly), and getting a proper URL isn't about people not understanding how to use copy and paste, but rather looking professional and getting better search engine hits.

Good luck, but I'm not your target market, and I wouldn't buy anything from you I'm afraid.
    Phonebooth
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,657
    edited April 2013
    Sorry, but I have to pitch in here, too: the website is terrible -- background, colour scheme, images, everything. It just looks too amateurish. The part terminology is ridiculous (1x1 Flat Brick (Style Two), for example, for a '1 x 1 plate, modified with side clip').

It does not instil confidence. If anyone buys anything from it I will be very surprised.

If you are hell bent on setting up shop outside Amazon, eBay and BrickLink, at least use an 'off the shelf' shop like Shopify or Zen Cart or something.
    CapnRex101FurrysaurusPaperballpark
    6) Why go "live" if the checkout does not work ? Your opening post stated I could buy.
    edited April 2013

Right firstly thank you Phonebooth for your comment. It appears that instead of giving honest feedback CCC and Cheshirecat are simply thinking of all the possible negative things and not actually turning it into usefull feedback.

I'm going to waste some time replying. I would say rather than re-inventing something that already exists, for a small fee of 3% you are better off using an existing site to sell your excess lego.

My feedback was honest. There are many problems with your site. I told you what they were.

What I didn't realise was that by feedback you meant you only wanted feedback on things that you hadn't thought about, and didn't want feedback on things that you had thought about but hadn't implemented as yet.

In regards to CCC's comment:
    1) yes the website address is a little long, this is because we have not had the time to purchase a domain just yet, obviously you have not been taught how to copy and paste, then you would not need to type the full address in.

It is not about cutting and pasting. It is about remembering it if I ever wanted to return. It is about is this site serious enough to have a proper website, or does it look like a child has set it up.

2)If you were to look at the website propely right at the top under the title it says we sell used lego. Also when the product is new (eg unopened) we say BRAND NEW SEALED. We clearly distinguish between new (eg unopened and new (more current lego) by naming our pages 'Sets Year 2000+' and 'Sets Year 2000-'

The version I see says "New, used, vintage, mini figures, loose bricks and all the accessories you can imagine. "

The price difference between new and used lego can be large. If it is not clear, this will put off buyers.

3)Right i will use the terminology that i think fits best. When i see the word plates i think of base plates (which are flat and do not clip onto other bricks, they can only have bricks built on top of them. Hence why i have used the words flat bricks and raised bricks. It makes perfect sense so if you dont like that then tough.

Don't expect anyone to take you seriously if you do not know what the parts are called.

4)You mentioned that you only looked at a few things so therefore how can you make an assumption about any of our prices being to high if you have not looked at all of them. We have done our research on what the sets sell for elsewhere and have set our prices accordingly. Some prices will be higher due to the fact that they are no longer in production so you cannot buy them brand new.

I know the going rate for quite a few sets, figures and parts. I checked those.

5)Postage costs are currently being set up, hence why i stated that it was not finished and we are still working on some stuff.

Buyers will not buy if postage costs are not there.

6)This error is because we are currently still setting certain things up on the website. As i have already mentioned several times.

First impressions count a lot. If a live website cannot accept orders, it is history.

7)Thank you for your suggestion but we are here to make a bussiness and as paypal already take a percentage from us this is not really an option for us. Plus we are not just selling used lego we are also selling BRAND NEW SEALED lego.

Like you can sell at ebay, bricklink, etc where there are buyers?

Good luck. I somehow doubt I'll ever buy from you.
    FurrysaurusCapnRex101UKtsumi
    edited April 2013
    Seriously, some times the best feedback is the honest feedback that says don't bother. You clearly aren't very good at web design or coding, its going to take you a very long time to get it looking right. Even when that happens, no one is going to know you exist, even if they find you they probably won't trust you enough to buy.

There's a reason why, even with their % take, many many people use ebay/amazon/bricklink. The exposure and increased sales they drive more than makes up for the chunk they take - and in bricklink's case it's a tiny percentage.

But seriously, never test a website on only one browser - and particularly not IE.

4)There is nothing wrong with our terminoloy. We use 'Base Plates, Flat bricks and Raised bricks' Anyone else see a problem with this???

No problem. Use your own terminology, when every other site will use the correct terminology. It gives the appearance that you do not know what you are talking about.

5)You stated we do not have to specify postage costs, so why are you moaning about it? And as i have stated several times IT IS STILL IN PRODUCTION.

You don't have to specify postage costs at bricklink. If you don't, chances are you will put buyers off and they will go elsewhere or cancel orders once placed, causing you more work.

6)Well if you love them so much since you believe they are so perfect stay with them.

They aren't perfect. But they use the correct terminology for parts, so parts are easy to find. They have a working shopping cart. They have a large user base. They are easy to find on the internet just by name.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,856
    Also the site takes forever to load. I am running a high end pc and it took it a good five to ten minutes to load everything.

Also it isn't really a vast inventory, maybe you will add stuff, but you have no more than a regular bricklink or ebay seller. Personally I would have started out on bricklink using their site for a while, build a dedicated consumer base and then moved on to a site and if a big inventory ready to go.

Good luck.
    If you are really keen to set up a website, just go for it. Take any and all feedback and constantly try to improve.

Your website does require a lot of improvement, but you have to realize that most on this forum will not be your target consumer, as @leemcf pointed out above.

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    edited April 2013
    I second the suggestion of simply using BrickLink. Any extra costs will likely be offset by the fact that you'll actually have customers there.

It appears that instead of giving honest feedback CCC and Cheshirecat are simply thinking of all the possible negative things and not actually turning it into usefull feedback.

If that's not honest and useful feedback, what is?

Instead of the rather arbitrary separation of sets produced pre-2000 and post-2000, why not separate them based on whether they are "brand new sealed" or used?

It may make perfect sense to you, but that doesn't matter. There are commonly-used terms, and you need to use them if you're selling things identified by those terms.

In general, if you really do want your site to succeed, it needs a major design overhaul. It just doesn't look professional. Getting rid of the background image would be a huge improvement, as would using more neutral colors. Simple is good. Also, the photography of pieces and sets needs improvement. It's not consistent, and the light (built-in flash) is not flattering.
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    I dont understand people who ask for feedback and then moan about it.

@LisaBrickingIt People on here are the types of people who you want using your site but if they are saying its not user friendly then trust them. Using your own brick names is crazy. Stick to how everyone in the world knows them by, it will help.

I design basic websites in my spare time and understand its difficult if not an expert but there is a reason designers charge a premium. Looks are everything on a website.

The best advice has been given, sell on bricklink. They have the exposure your website will never generate, especially overseas customers. Good luck with whichever path you choose.
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 626
    edited April 2013
    Re your name. ... Bricking it.... Where I come from this isn't such a good term, seeing as you haven't bought a domain yet, I would seriously consider renaming it! -
    cheshirecat
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,634
    I'd just like to second pretty much every bit of advice that's been given on here. The design is simply awful (even worse than bricklink) and the whole thing looks amateurish.

Your defensive approach to reasoned criticism from people who buy the kind of stuff you're selling all the time suggests that you're simply wanting to use this forum to advertise the site, rather than wanting criticism. This is backed up by the fact you only joined 3 hours ago.

Furthermore, don't advertise a site which hasn't got all the features working yet. Wait until everything works and then advertise it. For goodness sake, it only takes 5mins to register a domain name, and at most 2 days to ensure it redirects to your new site. Given that it's obviously taken you more time than that to do the site, IMHO there's simply no excuse for not doing it.

If this sounds less than constructive, it probably is, but you lost any sympathy I might have had for you when you attacked those who provided constructive criticism. Besides, I can't stand bad website design.
    edited April 2013
    UKtsumi said:

Re your name. ... Bricking it.... Where I come from this isn't such a good term, seeing as you haven't bought a domain yet, I would seriously consider renaming it! -

Haha yes that occurred to me too. From Urban Dictionary: Bricking it: To be frightened, 'to be sh***ing yourself'
    Pitfall69
    It does look a little like websites of old where MS Frontpage vomited all over the internet, perhaps in 2012 a similar WYSIWYG editor has shat out this monstrosity.
    ^ I'm really not a fan of WYSIWYG editors anyway (I prefer to do my own coding), but if the background was beige and the purple was grey then it'd be a hell of a lot easier on the eye. Still not great or actually, y'know, professional, but not actually offensive!
    We have young children, we just want to earn money for our family
    ^ Then sell on bricklink. You'll more than make up the 3% fees with increased sales.
    Paperballpark
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 626
    edited April 2013
    ^@LisaBrickingIt, then sell on Bricklink! Most of us have children! I have 3! and 2 of them are teenagers, and they cost a hell of a lot more.
    Bricklink only charge 3%

• flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    I would suggest using a spell checker, or have someone else proof read for you, I would not buy from a site with spelling mistakes, it looks unprofessional. First impressions count.
    Where are your T&C of sale, returns policy etc ?

Check out this thread for more advice

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/9285/new-lego-online-reseller-looking-for-feedback/p1
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,856

We have young children, we just want to earn money for our family

No offense but if you think selling Lego will do anything more than pay chicken feed.......well good luck with that. Only a few can make a actual living from it and do it well. They have huge inventories and stock of thousands of pounds. And big items that sell well and lots of little ones that they sell off cheaply and draw people in. They have also been doing it for years and built a dedicated fanbase and are respected in the community who you will be selling to.

So far you have been around for half a day, gotten angry at feedback, and have little or no stock a lot of which is over valued suggesting it was bought cheap on ebay and you want a fast turn around, half the stuff does not work, you have no shipping, no consumer protection. And to be honest smells like a con.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Of course I have to add my input. I'm surprised LFT hasn't beat me to it.

I'm not very keen on people opening up a Brickset Forum account just to sell their wares. This is a wonderful community and the Marketplace is just an added bonus. If you were someone who has been a part of the community for awhile and decided to open up a shop and then asked for feedback, it may have been less harsh. I have found that withinthis ccommunity we have some very savvy and intelligent people from all over the globe and any feedback you get should be excellent feedback.
    ^ Well I have to say my feedback would not have changed if they had been a member for a while. Although hopefully if they had been a member for a while, they would know the correct terminology for even the basic building blocks - plates and bricks. Let alone going into the more specialised ones with clips and so on. Also the importance of clarity - new vs used, dark gray vs dark bluish gray (although I decided not to go that deep into colour and mention that earlier, given the naming changes for bricks and plates), etc.
    ^Well...I was just trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. In all fairness, if one was a part of the community I guess they would have known what they were in for ;)
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328

- Obviously, there are multiple ways to give feedback. My reaction is that you immediately chose to shit all over the attempt versus being supportive.

Yes, there are multiple ways to give feedback. However, sometimes the best feedback is the most constructive. Perhaps they may have not used the best tone, in your opinion, but they were honest.

Like someone already mentioned, this is an adult forum. If they were too "mush" up their opinions, how helpful would that really be? I don't think that they were too harsh in any way.

@LisaBrickingIt- Whatever you choose too do, I wish you the best. Buying/selling LEGO is a more complicated venture than it seems, and setting up your own website might make it even more complicated, especially if you do not have much experience with web design/web management. I really admire your ambition, a trait that many lack. So I do applaud you for that, and you really going at it too help the family out as much as possible.

However, while ambitious, you don't want to, like I already mentioned, over-complicate things.

My feedback to you would be too start out at bricklink, or maybe even eBay. Sell a few items, get the general feel of things. Research! Look up prices, correct names of pieces, trends, etc.. Get the feel for the LEGO world, before launching yourself into it. Take things slow. Once you've sold a few items on eBay/BL, start working on a website. Put time into it. Don't rush it. Rush it, and you'll miss key aspects that you absolutely need. Set it up too make it look as professional as possible. If you haven't already noticed from these people on the forums, they like their LEGO and want too buy it from someone they can trust :-) Make the site look amateur, and I doubt anyone buys. Make it professional and provide first class service, and you'll find your business shooting off.

Just take your time, and do your research. I wish you the best of luck!
    ^The thing is, if you are running a "legitimate" business, then you can claim those PayPal and Bricklink fees as business expenses. At least here in the US. By going the route of running your own online store I would assume that you will be running a legitimate business. Something makes me think otherwise.
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 422
    It looks as if the website is no longer active!

I am one for trying new things and making an extra income where possible so I applaud you for trying. However when I saw the site earlier it didn't look so good.

If you had found that site yourself through a google search, would you have considered buying anything?

I set up my own site about 2 months ago which @roxio posted a link to the thread a few posts above. I received lots of feedback about the site, some good and some not so good. If you can go away from today, having taken on board the feedback and putting some, if not all of the suggestions in place then you will have building blocks for the future.

I personally feel that you would benefit from using an ecommerce site such as shopify or zen cart as mentioned by @huw earlier if you do not wish to use bricklink/eBay. I use shopify and within an hour you can have a decent looking site. It does take longer to make the site look and feel as you would want it to but at least it will always look professional.

As an extra selling point, shopify and the other ecommerce setup sites all have plenty of plugins to help with site optimisation, social media setup, numerous checkout options etc etc.

You can check out my site at
    www.brick-a-brac-uk.com

If you like it you can follow the link at the bottom of the page. You will be able to have a 30 day free trial before you have any fees. So no risk involved other than a bit if time.

I have only been running my site for about 6 weeks but have already had repeat customers, average 50 unique visitors daily and have made sales every day for the last 3 weeks. I am also running at a profit, even after the fees involved.

If you can put in the effort and action the feedback you have been given you have every chance of making it work. If you don't, you will not!
    Pitfall69
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    Pitfall69 said:

^The thing is, if you are running a "legitimate" business, then you can claim those PayPal and Bricklink fees as business expenses. At least here in the US. By going the route of running your own online store I would assume that you will be running a legitimate business. Something makes me think otherwise.

Same applies to the UK for business, The fees charged are expenses. Same applies to the post and packaging costs incurred for despatching.

^Thanks, I didn't know if this has ever been discussed in great detail. If it has, I apologize for being ignorant.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited April 2013
    The site is no longer working, so I haven't seen it. But from the reactions it sounds as though it looks terrible.

I have no idea why anyone (other then the best designees\coders) would try to create their own site from scratch. As Huw said, use Zen Cart or something similar. They look and work a million times better than any site the majority of people could make.

Although its going back 5 years now, I would recomend Zen Cart as I used it and thought it was great, the fact that it was free was also a plus.
    Even though software like zen cart are free, there is still the expense of getting people to find the store. That means a domain and decent hosting - nothing slow if you are going to be showing pictures of each part. It also means paying for advertising. Clearly posting on here and other AFOL sites is not going to bring in many sales, especially if prices are above those on BL, and the site is being run by someone that insists on using their own language. Advertising is expensive, especially in the lego area due to many other sites in the same area. There is also the cost (time) of photographing each piece for sale.

Those costs are likely to be more than the 3% bricklink charges, especially for a small seller of mainly used lego parts or sets.

There are some huge sellers on BL and they stay there. Why? Since if they left to set up their own store they would lose sales. They might be able to take some customers with them, but they'd lose overall. That 3% is nothing compared to the number of sales it brings in.

It is the same with ebay. They may charge 10%, but for that 10% you reach many more people than a store on a personal website will.
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    Ive never sold parts before, its always been sealed sets for me as I dont have the time. But its something that I am going to try out (for the emerald night). Some of the parts are going to get hard to find. Id only consider BL as @CCC pointed out, its only a 3 % charge plus I also believe that most hunters of parts will use the site. When I phoned Lego up for some spare parts that were unavailable they refer me to BL, so good traffic volumes. Low fees and high traffic volume are obviously key.

Im still trying to suss BL out at the moment, I tried searching for Emerald Night parts and nothing came up, so Im either doing something wrong or no-one has any to sell (which I find hard to believe).

^ Are you searching for "emerald night"? Or are you searching for the actual parts?

Probably the best way is to pull up the inventory for EN

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=10194-1

and then click on any of the part numbers to see what is for sale. Select the correct colour on the next page.

You can also do a fake part out, where you go to part out the set, select average prices for last six months, but never go as far as adding it to your inventory. You will soon spot the rare / pricey parts in the list.
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    ^or use m.bricklink.com (even on a PC), type the set number and click the part out radio button. This only gives you the total parts value, but you don't even need to be logged in.

Bricklink takes a bit of a knocking here, but is a superb resource.

I believe there is more money to be made from buying rare parts out of discontinued sets directly from LRP and putting them on BL, rather than parting out, or sitting on sealed sets. Many sellers are already doing this, 200 quantities in inventories are a giveaway.

I have found several parts where you can make a 1000% markup and they also sell well, but it just doesn't seem sporting to me. EN has a few :-)

legoprods
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,285
    ^ Functionality wise, I love Bricklink the majority of the time, but aesthetically it really is atrocious.
    coachie said:

I believe there is more money to be made from buying rare parts out of discontinued sets directly from LRP and putting them on BL, rather than parting out, or sitting on sealed sets. Many sellers are already doing this, 200 quantities in inventories are a giveaway.

You are not meant to sell those parts bought that way though. And the problem is if they take away the service when too many people do it. Order a lot for your own creations, but not to sell.
    timinchicagoYellowcastleMatthew