Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sydey Opera House new creator model

richardh4388richardh4388 Member Posts: 132
edited March 2013 in Collecting
I spoke to a member of tlg who confirmed a creator version of the opera house will be launched in July.

Comments

• shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 130
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ Yes, that exists as well, but a thousand+ part replacement for Tower Bridge is coming in August, in addition to the existing small set.

Or so I hear, it has been posted several places online before.
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    Wouldn't mind a mini Tower Bridge!
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,220
    Anyone know how many pieces?
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

Anyone know how many pieces?

I haven't seen a number printed anywhere, but my understanding is that this will be in a similar price to Tower Bridge, so 2-3K is my guess, but I really don't know.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    The rumor back in 2010 was that it would feature more pieces than the Taj Mahal, but I'd say that seems highly unlikely. We should know later this spring, regardless.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,220
    ^ ooh I kinda hope it does!
  • Gavin83Gavin83 Member Posts: 251
    The real building is no where near as grand or as detailed as the Taj Mahal, or Tower Bridge for that matter. I'd imagine it'll contain a fair few less pieces than either, unless they make it massive just to increase the piece count, which seems unlikely.
    ^I'll wait to see the final model, but unless they create a lot of specialized pieces, you're going to eat up a ton of bricks/plates giving the 'shells' the proper curves. I don't know if it will feature more pieces than the Taj Mahal, but I don't see a way to possibly design it well with fewer pieces than the Tower Bridge.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,446
    ^ Hopefully it will be in chrome ;)
    TheLoneTensorLegoboy
    If TLG could tap this forum, they'd make everything in chrome. Instantly more valuable, after all.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,271
    Nothing against the building itself but I don't think it is impressive enough to warrant a huge LEGO model. I hope that however they do it it looks good. I just have a feeling it is going to look like a huge version of some of the Architecture ones they do that look like crap.
  • brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 217
    I'm a huge fan of the large scale models and will definitely buy whatever the next one is but this is a little disappointing to me. I just don't see having the opera house as something I'm gonna want to display all the time and never take apart like the others.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    I can definitely see it in the 3000+ parts range. It will have far less greebling than tower bridge, but I imagine we will see some really complex build design to get the arches. I think AFOLs will enjoy the build.