Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Iron Man 3 / Man of Steel

2»

Comments

• SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    True, but even without figures LEGO could of done a lot better.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,360
    As mentioned earlier a little perspective maybe needed here. These are relatively low price point sets aimed at the younger end of TLG's target audience. Kids will flock to the movie (which looks Awsome) and then want to play out key moments from the film in Lego and my guess is these three sets all link to key battles or scenes, the marvel deal is really a deal with Disney and that means everything ties to their films. The vehicles may not be stellar but kids will love them I am sure, actually the helicopter looks quite nice as does the boat, not exciting the way a Batmobile is, but nice enough and they will fulfil their intended roll. These as mass produced sets aimed at kids, they just happen to have fantastic looking figures that older fans want as well. Personally I would rather have these sets than no sets and if it is just figures that you want can anyone say Pepper Pots, War Machine, The Mandarine, Tony Starke, these are great additions to the Marvel Lego world.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 821

Here are 2 videos of a closer look of the man of steel sets and the iron man 3 sets
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    those two minifigure in the superman set <3
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    I find the 12 sec of intro and 6 sec of credit in 42 sec video pretty amusing ;)
    Plus he swiped the no picture sign :D

IMHO, the War Machine should come with shoulder pad (a la Ninjago) to put accessories /weapons / machine guns. It is the War Machine after all.

Now that I see the new Superman up close, I am still not too crazy about it.

The 2 silver&black figs with black capes on the left of Aquaman look cool though. Anyone know who they are supposed to be ?
    yys4u
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,764
    ^ guessing its Zod and Faora? That said, haven't watched the videos yet.
    By the looks of it they come in the Attack on Smallville set, a scene in the trailer where the Kryptonian baddies turn up looking for Supes in a spaceship. Set looks the best of the bunch, and my guess would be they're either some generic kryptonian troopers, or Zod and co with helmets on.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    I definitely prefer the comic style Superman fig, but it still looks decent.

Still love the Daily Bugle set.
    IMO Faora looks like a man without the helmet on (probably because she's got the same head as lex luthor)
    ^ The second kryptonian figure on the turntable appears to have female waist printing on the torso, but yet seems to have a Lex Luthor type face. May be a mistake or prototype.

Still surprised that there's no Iron Patriot suit seeing as he's most definitely in the film, unless its a retailer exclusive we're yet to hear of?!
    ^ Hopefully it's a mistake (I doubt it though because it does look pretty accurate to her movie character, she does have a nice helmet and armour piece)
    I just saw this (you can actually buy some IM3 sets) and somebody's got a hold of them and they've gotten better pictures of the interior of the Malibu mention set and I'm quite impressed by that hall of armour.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/173890-lego-thread-333.html#post8999627
    kez said:

I just saw this (you can actually buy some IM3 sets) and somebody's got a hold of them and they've gotten better pictures of the interior of the Malibu mention set and I'm quite impressed by that hall of armour.
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/173890-lego-thread-333.html#post8999627

If it actually came with the armour, then yes, it would be impressive!
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    edited February 2013
    ^ Just became a must buy imo.
    I wonder if he's got a load of sets early, or just the figures? I thought it wasn't too ridiculous a price, until I saw the postage basically doubled it.
    Ive messaged this guy before and he normally 'sources' the mini figs
  • psychopuppetpsychopuppet Member Posts: 71
    I got the Iron Man 3 sets and have put the two smaller ones together so far. Something I noticed is the armor helmets appear to be of a cheaper grade plastic then the ones from the Avenger sets. The extremis bad guys have a nice little glow in the dark heads feature that is not mentioned on the box. They do show the heads with a glow effect on the box. Their heads also appear to be a lower grade of plastic when compared to the glow in the dark plastic from the Monster Fighters line.
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Can anyone get a large picture of this without the green blockage?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1063390/Trail/searchtext%3ELEGO+SUPERHEROES.htm
    CapnRex101
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    As best as I can tell, it's a problem with the actual picture itself, sorry. But that means the original is out there already. We just have to wait for some US retailer to accidentally put it up early, lol.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366

I got the Iron Man 3 sets and have put the two smaller ones together so far. Something I noticed is the armor helmets appear to be of a cheaper grade plastic then the ones from the Avenger sets. The extremis bad guys have a nice little glow in the dark heads feature that is not mentioned on the box. They do show the heads with a glow effect on the box. Their heads also appear to be a lower grade of plastic when compared to the glow in the dark plastic from the Monster Fighters line.

My head must have been a dud, because it did not glow. Maybe I'll give it a try again.

I have the Malibu Mansion sitting here ready to be built this week.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Oh look. A completely unnecessary vehicle for some reason.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    That car looks like a pair of binoculars heh.
    y2josh
    y2josh said:

They need something to play catch with.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I put the Sea Battle set together today(the only one I was interested in, as I didn't have an Iron Man yet, and getting War Machine is a double bonus), and I have to say it is a pretty nice little $20 set. The boat is larger than I thought, and is pretty cool. Definitely worth it.

I noticed the Night/Day motif in the instruction booklet over the villain's head, but I didn't realize that meant it was glow-in-the-dark. I just tried it and yep, it glows!
    iccarus said:

y2josh said:

They need something to play catch with.
    Well, sure.

Based on the box art, that car appears to be flying through the air of its own volition, though...
    At least a car is 'playable'. I'm sure people would be complaining even more if the set was two figures and some random piece of scenery.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    edited March 2013
    @just2good - Great spot, I think this is the first we have seen of that set. Try on the UK version of the site, there is no green blockage here: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/76003.htm

Just look at those Minifigures!

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,457
    I've extracted the large images and put on flickr and/or the database.
    margotCapnRex101
    Lol I thought this thread had died, I logged into like 20 notifications.
    On topic I have checked my 10 nearest argos.... out of stock lol worth a look
    What is the official release date on the MOS sets?
    andhe said:

At least a car is 'playable'. I'm sure people would be complaining even more if the set was two figures and some random piece of scenery.

I'd actually rather get a Super Heroes set like what you described, to be honest. That's probably just me, though.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 658
    RomanticWarrior
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    @y2josh

Kids love cars, y2josh, and that's what LEGO is. A toy for kids.
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2013
    I would've love to have seen something more interesting than a car being an AFOL but it's understandable that LEGO needs to make smaller sets that cost less, just like Iron Man 3's 76008. I doubt we're going to see a vehicle like that in the movie.

(Sorry for the double post)

@y2josh

Kids love cars, y2josh, and that's what LEGO is. A toy for kids.

Even as a kid, I would have preferred something substantive over a nonsensical vehicle, but that may just have been me.
  • truktruk Member Posts: 46

I would've love to have seen something more interesting than a car being an AFOL but it's understandable that LEGO needs to make smaller sets that cost less, just like Iron Man 3's 76008. I doubt we're going to see a vehicle like that in the movie.

(Sorry for the double post)

I hope not. Unless Tony's new suit is made out of cardboard, that is a woefully inadequate vehicle to bring to an "ultimate showdown".

Mandarin: "Well, 1000 missiles into his house didn't kill him, and the super-powered virus guy didn't work either. Yesss, this golf cart with a flamethrower should do the trick!"

y2joshtrickydicky0880