Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Pictures of Series 6 Minifigures?

LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
edited September 2011 in Collecting
Some pictures of what look like very likely contenders for Minifigures Series 6! They have no confidential stamps so I assume they should be okay to share here. Found them via Eurobricks. (Thanks Alywin!)
Check out the grey alien and the Statue of Liberty: :)
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54898&st=105
And Scotsman, Leprechaun, Butcher, Mechanic, Goth Skater, Genie of the Lamp, and Minotaur: :)
http://www.pockyland.net/viewthread.php?tid=36796&extra=page=1
And female space hero:
http://img02.taobaocdn.com/bao/uploaded/i2/T1EgB5Xo0yXXatKsQ6_061159.jpg
Yeah, all kinds of awesome...

Comments

• bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    Yep, I'll buy these, too... just like the others so far.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    Diggin' that Minotaur.
  • LegorunnerLegorunner Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2011
    Wow, I like what I'm seeing. I dig them all especially the Statue of Liberty. Those are much better than previous sets. I missed out on Series 1, Series 2 is complete with two extras, half of Series 3 and 4 aren't complete. This will put a nice dent in my wallet for Series 5 once they hit the shelves in US...

TLC really need to slow down on the Collectible Minifigs Series and space out the release time every 6 months if possible? I kind of thought series 3 and 4 were too fast and somewhat impossible to keep up.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Wow! I had posted the alien and statue of liberty on the UK series 5 news thing on the front page, but I hadn't seen the others! Those look CRAZY! the genie is awesome!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,692
    edited August 2011
    OH MY WORD! It's as if they've taken all our dreams and made them into lego. Not keen on the babarian but people will go crazy for that sword. What is up with that alien though? Looks like, dare I say it.... Mega blocks.... :( A Genie was on my wishlist and I guessed a female spacehero due o the pairing up we've seen so far. The mechanic and butcher are pretty neat and the leperchaun. Minotaur and babarian not so much.

Note: they won't have watermarks because they're not official photo's, so technically are 'a leak'...
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Eh, Series 5 looks better though I do like Lady Liberty.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    Another skater? They must be kidding. Statue of Liberty and Genie are great though.
    Just noticed their hands are all upside down... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGH. But some great parts and can see some fun MOCs developing from these ones (1950's garage ala Grease, Aladdin and the genie, Minotaur army FTW!) But a proper kilt would have been nice, the Hula Girl's dress on my viking/Higlander mash-up just doesn't quite look right.
    The skater girl looks good, but would have been nice to have something other than another skateboard eg rollerskates or something.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 762
    Statue of Liberty for the win!
    Alien head looks cool but the torso is weak.
    Leprechaun looks cute.
    Pink Space Girl rocked too.

Thanks for posting this Mr. Skywalker.
  • jb15jb15 Member Posts: 53
    Wow! If those are real I'm getting most of series 6!
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    I like these and I'll buy them, but I don't see anything to get really excited about. My favorite of these is the leprechaun, and the Statue of Liberty looks well done, but I would not need multiples of any of these. Well, maybe the grey alien, but we already have aliens aplenty in Alien Conquest. I agree that the alien torso is weak. I do like the skater girl's hair.

• jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    The alien looks... incomplete. Every other time we've seen the space gun in a set, it's been accompanied by the 3L Bar in some color.
    I hope the space gun that the alien is holding is just from the space girl in the series, and that it should have some really nice looking accessory to go with that fairly bland figure.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
  • BothSidesOfTheBrickBothSidesOfTheBrick Member Posts: 18
    I'm so hoping that these are real. Love Statue of Liberty, Scotsman, Leprechaun, Genie and Minotaur. I know I'd buy many many copies of those.
  • macmonmacmon Member Posts: 80
    Definitely the minotaur for me, the genie too. The pink spacewoman for my daughter since she loves.. pink. Nice alien head but not so much with the other parts. Nice statue of liberty.
  • slovakiastephslovakiasteph USAMember Posts: 62
    I love the Statue of Liberty, the butcher, mechanic, and female skater. My town will need a skate park... have the little skater guy from 8403 as well as the S4 one. Don't have the S1 yet. :D
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    edited August 2011
    The pictures on Eurobricks have been moved to a new thread, with all figures arranged in one place.
    http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58350
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,250
    Nice figs so far.. not really surprised that a skateboarder is in the set.. apparently Lego really has a passion for the snowboard, surfboard, and skateboard

I like the mechanics tool box, I can think of a few builds I could use that with.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,025
    Love the Statue of Liberty! Also the Minotaur and the Ginnie! Thanks for sharing! I wonder what the rest of the figs are going to be! (c:
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    I like 'em all. They will fill my modular town with much diversity. :-)
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    I hope the horns on the Minotaur are removable like Mola Ram and the cows.
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    edited August 2011
    @georgebjones - They appear to be the same shape as the cow horns... The horns on the viking were removable too.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Member Posts: 90
    Some nice figures in there. I just dislike how many throw-away ones are cropping up in each set. Too many skaters, etc. Oh well - still good! :D
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    I would've guessed they were some pretty sweet looking custom made Minifigures. Well one can never tell given that the real Minifigures are often seen in rough early phase pics and holding strange "made in China" accessories.

Man, just when I was starting to control my minifigure buying habits. I'd seriously have to start cutting back on food and/or clothing if these things get any better!!!
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,284
    I have reservations about the authenticity of the images for a few reasons:

- the Statue of Liberty, Genie, and Minotaur don't fit into any of the previous categories that the figures typically do
    - why would there be a new Alien head mold introduced right on the heels of the Alien Conquest sets and not have it appear there also?
    - where are the rest of the 16?

The printing quality looks consistent with that from LEGO and not an obvious custom job, but I'm definitely not going to claim anything yet.
  • jb15jb15 Member Posts: 53
    Maybe it WILL appear in Alien Conquest (the new head). I just don't see how anyone could customize and mold as well as that (right down to the little printed words on the accessories).
    I have reservations about the authenticity of the images for a few reasons:

- the Statue of Liberty, Genie, and Minotaur don't fit into any of the previous categories that the figures typically do
    - why would there be a new Alien head mold introduced right on the heels of the Alien Conquest sets and not have it appear there also?
    - where are the rest of the 16?
    Well, there are no "categories". Lego hasn't designated any such thing and any that are perceived are the result of consumers. Technically speaking, the Robin Hood like figure, the Viking and several others deemed "historical" are far more the result of fiction than actual history (for example, Vikings did not wear horned helmets in combat; such things were purely ceremonial) so the Minotaur and Genie could fit right in with that. After all, as the Historical & Fantasy Mini-Figure collection and every other "historical" theme demonstrate, Lego's idea of history is about as far from reality as anything found in Greek mythology or a Disney cartoon.

The second question you have is simple: this mold was designed AFTER Alien conquest hence it hasn't appeared in that collection.

As for the rest, these don't appear to have been official photographs from Lego and thus the person who took them may not have had time or access to the rest. Perhaps the preliminary models may not have yet been produced. Many possibilities exist as to why only 62.5% of the series was shown.

• legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    These look all pretty legit but I'm guessing/hoping some minor tweaks here and there (talkin' bout the Space/Grey Alien mostly). Somehow the Alien looks like it doesn't know if it wants to be a robot-like figure or a Grey Alien in a space-suit. The red hands seem out of place to me.
    Statue of Liberty, Minotaur and the Genie (never thought Lego would do a 'leg' piece like this. Very organic) are wins in my book.
    I kinda' like the new Skater Girl. Cool wig piece.

Anxious to see the other 6.
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    Well I saw Lego Trademark prints on some of the accessories being held... must be real.

Otherwise someone is going to great lengths just to create Minifigure Fakes, which I doubt.
  • allyburnsallyburns Member Posts: 62
    That's crazy! I was just saying I'd like a kilted Scottish warrior and there is one!

Was hoping he'd have an actual material kilt though - like the hula dancer. They proved they can do patterned fabric as the Mexican has on his sombrero.

No guessing that I'm from Scotland :o)

Will be perfect as my forum Avatar!
    edited August 2011
    Well, there are no "categories". Lego hasn't designated any such thing and any that are perceived are the result of consumers. Technically speaking, the Robin Hood like figure, the Viking and several others deemed "historical" are far more the result of fiction than actual history (for example, Vikings did not wear horned helmets in combat; such things were purely ceremonial) so the Minotaur and Genie could fit right in with that.
    Yep, I'm aware that the categories are not official, but the point was that we've seen the figures thus far still fit nicely into a categorical grouping. A statue of liberty figure is a huge departure because it's an inanimate object (I realize there was a robot, but it's still more humanlike than a 70 foot statue). I suppose this could be a person in a costume like one might find on tax day or in Vegas, but that's hardly as ubiquitous as a mime, or guy in gorilla suit.

I realize TLG takes liberties with mixing history and fantasy, but again, there is a lack of a human element to a Minotaur and Genie. The closest predecessor would probably be the mummy, but that is human-based.
    The second question you have is simple: this mold was designed AFTER Alien conquest hence it hasn't appeared in that collection.
    My point was that since Alien Conquest is the most faithful treatment of UFO and extra-terrestrial folklore TLG has made to date (as opposed to space police squid man, for example), it seems odd to not introduce a classical Alien shaped head there, but rather decide to do it in a CMF series, which isn't particularly hurting for a new alien.
    As for the rest, these don't appear to have been official photographs from Lego and thus the person who took them may not have had time or access to the rest. Perhaps the preliminary models may not have yet been produced. Many possibilities exist as to why only 62.5% of the series was shown.
    Correct, unofficial so unconfirmed. Like I said, the quality of the figures looks consistent with LEGO manufacturing so they very well may be _something_ but I'm not going to christen them as series 6 as others have.

...we've seen the figures thus far still fit nicely into a categorical grouping. A statue of liberty figure is a huge departure because it's an inanimate object...
    You consider a crash-test dummy an animate object? ;-) Keep in mind that until the man in the dinosaur suit, the man in the gorilla suit seemed a bit out of left field as well.
    I realize TLG takes liberties with mixing history and fantasy, but again, there is a lack of a human element to a Minotaur and Genie. The closest predecessor would probably be the mummy, but that is human-based.
    The Minotaur was half-human, half-bull. A genie is a supernatural figure from Oriental mythology similar to an angel. They have human form which is little different than could be said about a vampire or a werewolf. Then there's the gnome, the dwarf and the elf. Those are all pure fantasy creatures which are not human-based.
    My point was that since Alien Conquest is the most faithful treatment of UFO and extra-terrestrial folklore TLG has made to date (as opposed to space police squid man, for example), it seems odd to not introduce a classical Alien shaped head there, but rather decide to do it in a CMF series, which isn't particularly hurting for a new alien.
    Lego released the Spartan in Series 2 before it made an appearance in the Atlantis theme.

If these are all legitimate examples of Series 6 hopefully the remaining half-dozen will be a bit more promising. While they're nice figures, none of them shouts out to me as "must-have" except perhaps the Statue of Liberty.
  • georgebjonesgeorgebjones Member Posts: 224
    I am not ready to christen them either. These are figures that were stolen out of a factory and hurriedly photographed. There was the promotional young han solo included with this leak, so there could be other promotional figures as well.

2011 Is the 125th anniversary of the statue of liberty dedication. Maybe they will rerelease the set :-) There are a great deal of explanations for these figs.

I think the butcher, skater, scotsman, mechanic, genie, leprechaun, pink astronaut, and minotaur are legit series 6. I am still holding judgement for the alien and statue. They might be for something else. I don't have any idea for the alien, but I bet the statue is for something else. Only reason I think that us because of the original source of the photos. Ok, done rambling.
    edited August 2011
    Another image of the alien has appeared, this time with a white laser gun and a different torso...
    http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/i2/409560598/T27fNPXlpaXXXXXXXX_!!409560598.png
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=12371331470#
    Ah that looks more like it. I wonder if we could see changes to the rest of the figs regarding queries people had. These may have been leaked prototypes rather than the final thing.
    ^^ That last link is a Chinese equivalent to eBay. Google translate is far from perfect, but it does look like the figure is available for purchase. Is there a native speaker here that can read it and inform us if it is a custom figure or purported to be anything official?
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,118
    google translate says "Lego series products can be provided by the manufacturer of genuine Lego gift"

This could mean it is some sort of custom design by the factory, but using the same foundry/tools/factory that the real CMF comes from.

As many are aware, "grey" market manufacturing is pretty much SOP in Chinese factories, and most major companies who have plants there accept it as a cost of business. These items are then usually sold under different brands of course, but are essentially the exact same thing as their branded counterparts.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 258
    edited August 2011
    I wonder if these larger figures are going into the new female directed theme?

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10395529016&;
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=12327677408&;

Well the early leaks are one good thing to come out of the Chinese plants... I'm still not sure if these are all part of series 6 or not but I think most of them are.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,118
    wow, that looks like it could be quite likely - they figures' size, design, and specific interest of each of the two match other information that has been leaked previously.

looks like the accessories are interchangeable, as is the pet, so that is great news. since the relative size is close to minifig, then it's reasonable to hope the sets themselves would plug in alongside system sets well enough.
    @dougts where are you seeing the accessories? Or is that just from info. These certainly do match the descriptions of big heads and linked legs. I really don't get lego and there links. The cynical part of me would say its all part of their marketing, to dripfeed excitement and divert interest in certain cases. As it seems they can keep a secret when they want! (I'm thinking of the dc/marvel announcement, who saw that one coming?).
  • FizzlemesexyFizzlemesexy Member Posts: 123
    The one thing I haven't seen posted everywhere that was leaked was the Snake tales for mini-figures. I'm really digging the fantasy creatures and I hope they come in the five colorways that were shown. Whatever series or product line they will be seeded into is going to rock.
    I love those snake tail parts, hope they actually appear in future figures. And the minotaur torso looks so awesome, so much potential in modified figures...
    @LukeSkywalker - Just found out that the snake people are next year's ninjago enemies. I thought this year had great stuff but next year is going to hurt my wallet even more!
    Can I get a link to these snake people/tails whatever, never heard of them, sounds interesting...
    edited August 2011
    thanks @fizzlemesexy, that will definitely convince me to get a few ninjago sets! :)
    @yys4u the links to the new alien torso and those snake tails has been removed unfortunately, but for more back and side views of the minotaur's head piece, scroll down to post number 4 here:
    http://www.pockyland.net/viewthread.php?tid=36957&extra=page=1
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,250
    edited August 2011
    While it is neat to see these pics it appears that, if they are Lego, that someone snagged them out of a factory...
    This is the issue with factories in China I have seen a lot of this particularly with Slot cars,
    "Errors" that factory workers take out the back and sell on eBay.
    It is nice to know poor security happens everywhere I guess..
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 258
    edited August 2011
    That minotaur figure is going to look fantastic next my Anubis guard- different cultural mythology, but related enough for me. Thanks for the link!

Could it be that Jack Raines is heading to Greece? Most likely it is a collectible series figure, but you never know.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 537
    ^ That would be great. I like that they revisited Egypt, but it would be good if they explore other mythologies than the Amazon and Himalayas for Jake - no need to have Johnny Thunder Redux (as great as those are). The Greek and Roman CFMs so far have great potential parts for such a series already - and such a rich mythos.
    @lukeskywalker Nooo!! Oh well at least I saw the alien body before they took it down.
    @LukeSkywalker
    @yys4u

Here's the advert I found.
    http://tinypic.com/r/2ho8hz4/7
    This was up for about a month, but didn't think it was real until I saw the tail pieces leaked on taobao.

Another site said that Ninjago is getting completely revamped with new characters which looks very probable now.