Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF Series 1

norm103norm103 Member Posts: 292
edited March 2013 in Collecting
Hi everyone is there a difference between the CMF series 1 from Asia and everywere else? Thanks

rocao - edited to improve readbility

Comments

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    There is no difference, unless of course there is a clone brand doing the same thing behind Lego's back. Also, if there is a lot, you should stock up on them, as they have been discontinued for 2 years? They fetch a nice re-sale price in the aftermarket.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 835
    The ones in Japan are produced by Takara Tomy under licence from The LEGO Group. The sheet insert in a pack is different but the figures are the same design.
    kylejohnson11
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,610
    ^I hadn't heard that. You might also look at the code on the back of the package. There are different codes for the US and the rest of the world on the non-japan produced sets.
    edited March 2013
    ^This is the website for them.
    http://www.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/lego/
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,769
    maniac said:

The ones in Japan are produced by Takara Tomy under licence from The LEGO Group. The sheet insert in a pack is different but the figures are the same design.

Are they produced by them, or just packaged by them? That is, made using the same chinese origin parts that the rest of us get. If so, there is no real difference once opened.

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,460
    Seeing as they are distributed differently to Japan (using those gumball type machines), I would imagine they would have to be packaged in a way to ensure the correct ones were in the right machine (they seem to split each series into a side a and side b).

Would be interesting to know if they're being produced in Japan or just re-packaged using the Chinese parts.
    I remember reading a discussion about it before but I can't quite remember what was said and where it even was.

^Yes, they split the sets as mentioned above. Not uncommon to see in Japan lately as TCGs such as Pokemon tend to have 2 smaller sized sets nowadays.
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 197
    I believe there is only a difference between the packets and boxes in the US and Canada (and I would assume Australia?), and those sold in Europe and Asia.

Here are photos of the two types side by side:
  • SPJSPJ Member Posts: 41
    maniac said:
    I got my brother who lives in Japan to check this out. He phoned the company but they don't actually have any series 1 or 2 minifigures - they're on series 8 there at the moment. Shame, I thought I might be able to complete my collection.