Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hong Kong - Shell / Ferrari promo

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=3850

FBTB is crediting Brickset for that story.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    Sorry! I hadn't read the front page at the time.
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224
    Well, this is part of the promo with the LEGO. (PIctures from Facebook)

A Full size F1 Ferrari made from LEGO.
    And a Shell Station made from LEGO.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.406016122791360.95724.114851751907800&type=1
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,720
    That is simply beautiful.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,315
    Oh, man - that is amazing !
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    That looks like they've used a proper chassis, and substituted the carbon fibre body for a Lego body, so in theory, that bad boy could be driven (not too vigorously, it may fall apart). That is a piece of art!
  • SiESiE Member Posts: 237
    I've manage to get a 30192 Ferrari F40 from my brother who was in Hong Kong the other week. Its a nice poly tbh. They are pull and go cars as well. The poly has a nice official Ferrari product stamp on the back of the packet.
  • seonadancingseonadancing Member Posts: 92
    I wish that I can just go to the gas station and buy it, there doesn't seem to be a little of people there I know who have cars. And I guess, those that do have cars are not interested in buy/sell these.
  • SiESiE Member Posts: 237
    you can get them on ebay for around £10 if you really want them. My brother only managed to get me one but I wouldnt mind the set.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    I got the whole set! just picked it up from my friend in HK Need to open packages cause there are coupons inside the car set. need to retrieve those to get the mini figures set
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,910
    Any news on when this promo will come to North America? Never got a reply from Shell.
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2012
    My pessimistic side still says this won't come to the U.S. It's not impossible, just doesn't seem likely. Think about how big of a distribution this would be in the U.S. compared to just H.K. or the U.K. I think it's why Shell/Lego promos are more rare in the U.S. My optimistic side says it would happen close to holidays, if it's going to happen.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642
    If they ever become available, there would be no better time than around the inaugural Formula 1 GP in Texas on November 18th...
    The_Mack
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239

If they ever become available, there would be no better time than around the inaugural Formula 1 GP in Texas on November 18th...

Which is a few miles down the road from where I live.

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642
    @The_Mack, lucky you ;-)
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Anyone in HK owe me something? I'd heppy to pay shipping :)
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    I would be extremely excited to get ANY of these sets, if anyone has one extra :) One would make me hapy but if you have more, I will give them a very loving home!!
  • dontheconquerordontheconqueror Member Posts: 1
    I'm from the Philippines and just picked up the minifig set. Surprised to see the torso printings are stickers :(
    Here are the cars built and also cross over with Mcqueen!
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    Wow :) jealous!
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Wow!! So jealous too!!
    I hope this promo comes to NA soon. Gas prices in BC are starting to drop to about $1.19 per litre. :D
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,487
    ^ wow!! Jealous of that price! Its nearer $3 here!
    I guess we from Pakistan will get this Shell promo in next 2 years :P But for that much money, the price of the poly will slip to around 20-30 bucks....I might be wrong...as in Hongkong you get it on purchase of 50 H$....right?
    i saw it at a local store sell each polybag between $130-$190 each. I think it cost $20 each when you got it at the gas station
    Its better to make some with spare bricks from collection or get some from BL :P
    Well, a good friend is based in Malaysia, and is trying to get hold of these....so I can help my brethren from Brickset if they need these. With reference to following post I made:

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/8222/anyone-interested-to-buy-lego-ferrari-shell-promo-polybags#latest

• tcleongtcleong Member Posts: 19
    Mine with display acrylic case from Malaysia.

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Does anyone have definite info on when this promo will come to the US?
    I have a few sets of the Ferrari polybags of 6 cars which I can ship anywhere in the world. If anyone is interested please feel free to send me a PM :)
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 506
    Anyone got the dates for when this will hit each nation? Shell hp or so?
    @icey117, we heard these will hit other nations in first quarter 2013 but its February now and no news of it yet. If you are interested I can sell you a set of 6 cars at a decent enough price and ship it anywhere in the world. Do let me know :)
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Just letting those that don’t know, the shell promo started today in Australia. Although there is no sign of the extra Minifigure poly if you collect the other six :(

I got the first 3, Ferrari 150 Italia F1 Car, Scuderia Ferrari Truck and the 458 Italia, as the Shell I went to had the first 3 weeks sets for sale.
    ^ For sale without purchase of gas?
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259

^ For sale without purchase of gas?

You have spend $40 on V-Power to get one at $6, or they are $8 without fuel purchase.

• astarguyastarguy Member Posts: 39
    i have purchased a full set of 6 from ebay that were acquired over sea's i couldnt wait for them to come to the usa. i hope that the mechanic does come to the us because i want that too.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited March 2013
    I hate this thread, because I can't get them in the states yet :(

I'm so hoping to do so this summer.
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    edited March 2013
    ^ That's what eBay is for. I couldn't wait for them to come to the USA (if they ever do). I have two sets of cars and two of the pit crew. One set of cars came from a Brickset member. It was $70 including shipping for the six cars. I paid $49.99 plus $10 shipping on eBay for another set of six. I needed one set to open and another to keep sealed. The cars are excellent and if this promotion ever does come to the USA, I'll get at least one more F150 Italia so I can build two and use the #6 sticker and green helmet for Felipe Massa.

In case you were wondering, yes, I like Formula 1 and Fernando Alonso and Ferrari!
  • HemelHemel Member Posts: 33
    Are these still available in HK?
    Surely if they are not available in HK, you can still find them in In's Point
  • HemelHemel Member Posts: 33
    Yeah, I'm heading over on Monday, so plan to hit In's Point and CTMA
    Good Luck!
    Here is a sneak picture in In's Point... (I'm not suppose to take pictures in there)
    imageimage
    The first 2 are in In's Point.

Then these 2 are in Mong Kok, right next to the bridge walkway at Let's Go.
    $149 HKD for the whole set of Ferrari's? Not bad. Equals about $20 CDN.

Been 4 or 5 years since I was at HK, only went to their TRU.
    For the base only ;) haha
  • shawn_lowshawn_low Member Posts: 27
    Got them for trade if anyone is keen.
    @shawn_low I have a BR fig if u want 1? u from HK too?
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674
    edited May 2013
    r
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 674
    shawn_low said:

Got them for trade if anyone is keen.

Where are you located?
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    I have a full set of 6 cars, pit crew, and the above case if anyone is interested