Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Percentage conundrum and minifigs owned

AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
Tonight while looking at the percentage of sets we own in a category I was surprised to see a 92 percent in Monster Fighters even though we have all but a promotional poly bag. Then I noticed the "collection". Why would the collection be considered part of the whole?
Are sets not yet released also considered as part of this percentage?

I buy 4 Juniors minifigs without buying the sets, is there any way to log that I own them? I've also accumulated many minifigs from various lots of used Lego. It would be nice to be able to log them.

Comments

• prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited March 2013
    There are 14 listings under the Monster Fighters theme.

Not having 2, all but a promotional poly bag" and "the collection", would mean that you have 12 of the 14.

12 of 14 is 85.71%. However, you said that you saw "92 percent in Monster Fighters". 12 of 13 is 92.3%. 13 of 14 is 92.8%. What does this mean? It means two things:

1. The collection is not calculated into the total or is calculated as included in the "have" figure based on other sets listed as such.

2. Your math skills need some work. ;-)

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,867
    Collections are excluded from the calculations, just like it states on the yellow box :-)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    edited March 2013
    I imagine many people are missing #5000644 due to its distribution.
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    You can register your minifigs in the minifig browser, just choose Minifugs in the menu on the top right and search for the theme. Very useful!
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    This made my head hurt. glad that the collection isnt figured into the percentage though. *guilty of skipping yellow box @huw
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    @prof1515 I don't deny that my math skills are very rusty, LOL. Never was a great math student and being out of school since '62 doesn't help, in spite of the fact that I use math daily - it's just not my strong point, that's what calculators are for.

@Huw I will look for that option. Thank you.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,578
    @Huw Is there any way you could exclude a sealed case of 60 in all of the Collectible Minifigures Series since having the set is really all that is needed to have a complete collection?