Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    edited March 2013
    Mentioned this over in the other Star Wars thread, but I'll be curious to see what it means for the next year of Star Wars LEGO. I'll be pretty okay if they decide to go OT heavy...

Side note... just to be clever... and remind us all of the disaster that is Episode II... shouldn't the thread have been titled "Ended this Clone War has"?

EDIT: Much better. :D
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    Maybe you'd like to get out and push? ;o)
    Ummmm... let's go with... No reward is worth this.
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    Wow, that news is nothing short of dissapointing. I've bought all the currently released seasons of Clone Wars on Bluray, and they're nothing short of a masterpiece when viewed to full calibre on a projector and with surround sound. A lot of Starwars fans dismissed this series early on because there were a few too many kid-oriented cues (like from the goofy battledroids, etc)... only to miss excellent battle arcs (Geonosis, Kamino, Umbara, etc), indepth characters and cameos, and an uncharacteristic approach to the war itself. Granted there were still times it felt like JarJar needed the business end of a blaster put down his throat, but other than that it adapted itself into a series which became quite well adult-oriented with its politics and violence. I can't imagine why a Starwars fan wouldn't like this; provided they weren't a purest who rejected all secondary Starwars media including the later (1,2,3) episodes (movies).

I'm going to miss the Clone Wars minifigures since they resemble the characters so closely. As for the sets, they were refreshing and became quite desirable after watching the TV series. I hope they do a TV series on the Old Republic next, and that'll allow Lego to do a lot more for such a niche area of the Starwars universe.
    margot
    I'm sure they'll never reveal precisely why they went this route, and I'm not saying this is necessarily the same story, but a similar situation occurred with Wolverine and the X-Men when Disney acquired Marvel. Nickelodeon had the contract for that show and, rather than buy the contract out, Disney simply pulled funding for the series (which had actually already been renewed), in spite of it being both critically and commercially successful.

It's stuff like that that really makes me cringe when Disney acquires a company I have a any kind of love for.
  • mrfootballmrfootball Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2013
    Look closely at the wording here...While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen.

They'll probably show the new Clone Wars story Arcs on one of the Disney-owned networks like Disney Channel or ABC Family, etc. I'm sure Disney wants all of their proprietary content (new release and syndicated content) on their channels, making them money and not their competitors.
    Actually, the wording makes me feel like something especially underhanded is taking place - specifically how they refer to the final story arcs as 'bonus content' rather than treating it as if it's part of The Clone Wars series. I have a sinking suspicion that Cartoon Network probably had a contract for x amount of episodes or x amount of seasons, and this is their way around it. You'll likely see these branded as straight to DVD movies or something of that ilk.
  • jockosjunglejockosjungle Member Posts: 701
    So who won then?

Can't be doing with new Star Wars cartoons, give me an episode of Star Wars Droids or The Ewoks any day!
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Ended it has, underrated it was.

(I actually like these, probably enjoyed these more than the sequel movies)
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    After seeing the teaser clip of one of the new arcs, I'm darn excited to see the full rendition. Hopefully we'll get the to see gaps filled like Filoni mentioned before the series gets completely canned, be it on DVD or any other format.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,744
    I'm not surprised. The Disney/Lucasfilm money factory will be wanting to point all eyes at the new movies and possibly OT to get people geared up for the new films.
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    One word for "bonus" content: Webisodes.

This makes me sad. I loved the show. It made the prequels almost worth it. Pick up your Umbaran Target Exclusive...Ahsoka and gang are shortordered.

501st phase II Clonetroopers will fetch a premium soon, as well, I'm sure.
  • BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    I enjoyed the series' for the most part, but it got to a point where they were recycling stuff from the original Trilogy far too much. The episode where they deliberately froze themselves in carbonite was the tipping point for me, just got silly by then.
  • acedogg77acedogg77 Member Posts: 110
    Given that it's set between Episodes II and III I'm amazed it's stretched as far as it has, I mean just how big of a gap in time was there between the 2 movies?
    Long enough for Luke to grow from a baby to an adult I expect, 20 years?
    Sorry my mistake, its set between 2 and 3. Still quite a while I think, about ten years
    Per Wired news:

"In a video accompanying the announcement, Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni promises “the best is yet to come,” with remaining episodes including “really crucial [stories] to the overall story arc of the Star Wars universe that we need to finish off and tell you.” Including, presumably, the final fate of Ahsoka Tano, a character central to Clone Wars mythology who has gone unmentioned in other incarnations of the franchise.

Although Clone Wars will get to wind up its run elsewhere, a less fortunate fate awaits Detours, the comedy series co-created by the Robot Chicken team of Seth Green, Matthew Senreich and Todd Grimes. "

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/03/disney-clone-wars-cancelled/

i just want them to finish up the story, and i'll be fine.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 694
    I believe there's ten years between Episode I and Episode II, but only three years between Episode II and Episode III... still plenty of time for stuff to happen...
  • truktruk Member Posts: 46
    Nope, that was the gap between 1 and 2. I think it's about 3 years.
    ^^

Ep I : The Phantom Menace
    10 years
    Ep II : Attack Of The Clones
    3 years
    Ep III: Revenge Of The Sith
    19 years
    Ep IV: A New Hope
  • acedogg77acedogg77 Member Posts: 110
    3 years, thanks for clearing that up, how many parsecs? :)
    cycoduck
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
    *Breaking Bad Spoiler*

Considering the entire series run of Breaking Bad is supposed to have happened during the course of a single year, there's no reason to assume that each season of Clone Wars corresponds to a single year of the war itself. It could have gone on for a very long time and told a lot more stories. A lot happens during the course of a large-scale war, after all!
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    I think that Clone Wars will end up on Disney XD next to Spider-man which is doing really well. Dont forget that Young Justice is also not getting renewed. Those are the two main shows for Cartoon Networks Saturday mornings. Young Justice is awsome. Its really geared towards the older kid/grown-up group .
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    Based on only watching season 1, Young Justice is / was good. There is no way it is intended for children. Way too serious and too many talking heads.

I only saw the movie (setup ?) of the new Clone Wars series. Couldn't stand the whiny girl padawan. Does this Clone Wars series effectively removed the events in the old Clone Wars series (15 minutes per episodes ie the super Jedi version) ?

Perhaps this is a good opportunity for Disney to make The Padawan Menace the series. I will watch the adventure of young "Ian".
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    Young Justice has been getting better every year. This season was incredible.
    ^^ @dragonhawk -- the CW animated series and the CW cg series are in a dark union of tangled continuity. hahaha. After reading a few articles, and listening to Filoni himself on his address video...it seems like there is hope for it to move stations from CN to DXD. They need only do a quarter to half season to wrap it all up. WRAP IT UP, they do need, though.