Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] TRU eBay selling Shirtless Darth Maul for $4.99 each

ZonZon Member Posts: 214
edited March 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
Item number 350730798761

Limited quantity, max per user looks to be 3.

Jump on it quick and hope TRU doesn't change their mind!
Tevans333

Comments

• Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 150
    Thanks for the heads up! Just got 3:)
    Zon
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Comes out to about $7.50 each with shipping and tax when you buy 3.. Steal of a deal.
  • TinKnockerHimesTinKnockerHimes Member Posts: 76
    must be sold out now, no add to cart button :(

must be sold out now, no add to cart button :(

I don't think they are sold out, looks like they are still selling judging from the purchase history.

how do you buy one then? I cant figure it out
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    Anyone fancy buying a few a shipping to the UK? PM me as I'd be interested at that price :)
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,302
    Do you have a link? I am not seeing the figure on TRU's site.
    I'd be interested in three if anyone can help a UK bricksetter out :)
    starfire2 said:

Do you have a link? I am not seeing the figure on TRU's site.

It's TRU's eBay Store. Here's the item link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/350730798761
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,885
    Thanks, snagged 3
  • murroughmurrough Member Posts: 59
    Thanks just ordered a couple.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    whoa, nice find, thanks!
    Thanks. I ordered one.
    Oh i was looking at the main TRU site
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    Dead. Almost completed my order too. Darn.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I think I got the last 3, it now says auction ended.
    Nice to see folk helping others as usual!
    i missed getting one as well, guess if I would have read the ebay part in the title I might have had one :P
    edited March 2013
    Actually, you can see who was last, someone got only one.
    tom4086 said:

I'd be interested in three if anyone can help a UK bricksetter out :)

I would trade you one if you are interested.

edited March 2013
    40 sold after I put it on here, I should have asked for a tip! ;)

Congrats to those who got 1-3! Sorry to those who didn't. :(

They also have the Bricktober Retro Minifigure Magnet Astronaut - that was a promo item too, wasn't it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/360607331107
    margot
    Thanks for the Sunday morning snack @Zon! Hopefully all the orders go through.
    Mine just got refunded. Apparently too many buyers not enough product?!
    Mine too
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    Yep, just refunded. :(
    Got refunded too :(
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,885
    I got refunded as well
    I have not been informed of a refund yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,385
    Has anyone received their Shirtless Mauls yet? That is, if they were even any in the first place.
    I'm guessing only the last few orders got cancelled.
    Pitfall69 said:

Has anyone received their Shirtless Mauls yet? That is, if they were even any in the first place.

No shipping info yet, no cancelation either, so still hopeful.
    Got my shipping info this morning - hope others did as well.
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 150
    Same here, just got my tracking number:)
    My 3x Shirtless Mauls arrived today - part of me was still expecting TRU to disappoint me somehow, but surprisingly they came through this time.
    I was able to trade someone for one.
  • KottonKotton Member Posts: 55
    I would love to try and trade for one... In the US...
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 686
    I stopped in my local TRU today just to see if there were any new polys during their B1G1 50% off sale. They had a returned Shirtless Maul....but it was priced at $32.99!! So I asked if they would "price match" a Super Heroes #76001 set ($46.99 compared to Target $39.99) and the TRU manager told me that can't do both....price match and give the B1G1 50% off. She told me she'd give me a second to look around to decide and she'd be back to help. I told her my decision was now already made...I was going to pass on getting anything. She asked "Why?" So I told her the 50% off..or actually 25%off wasn't any deal if their sets are $10-20 or more than at Target. She was shocked and asked me, "Which one". I told her I could point to any of the sets. The Super Heroes Batcave...TRU price at $89.99....Target...$69.99. The Super Heroes Dynamic Duo Fun House scanned at $51.99...but the shelve sticker said $39.99. She told me that must be a mistake and pulled off the tag. I just had to walk away...I might as well have been talking to a wall.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    TRU is just a waste of time in my opinion. Everything is 20-30% above MSRP for most Lego items. I never shop there anymore, unless there is a deal that is too good to pass up. I pretty much do all my Lego shopping at my local Lego store now.
    margot
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^^ Could you get them to price match the Darth Maul with their website?
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    TRU is like an incorporated reseller (sorry for any unintended offense to resellers). They mark up their prices so much that they end up holding sets even after the sets have EOL'd. Then they mark them up some more. Actually, I use them primarily to pick up EOL'd sets that I didn't get a chance to purchase earlier on (provided TRU's prices are in-line with resellers). On a positive note, I do enjoy their Bricktober offerings (when I don't have to hock a kidney to obtain them).

I have no problems with them running their business they way they want; however, I am unable to take them (or their sales) seriously. And I think the writing is on the wall for a company that can't be taken seriously...
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 686
    Nope...they wouldn't price match the Darth Maul or lower it a bit....I didn't put up a fight on anything. They wouldn't price match and give the B1G1 50% off but a few weeks ago when the had the same deal they price matched a Vampire Castle and still let me use the $20 off $100spent. But then again...this is the store than told me they've been price matching year-round for a couple years now.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    scotty12 said:

The Super Heroes Dynamic Duo Fun House scanned at $51.99...but the shelve sticker said $39.99. She told me that must be a mistake and pulled off the tag.

Shouldn't there be laws against this (i.e. advertising one price and then not honoring it)?

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ there are.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    edited March 2013
    Poochy said:

scotty12 said:

The Super Heroes Dynamic Duo Fun House scanned at $51.99...but the shelve sticker said $39.99. She told me that must be a mistake and pulled off the tag.

Shouldn't there be laws against this (i.e. advertising one price and then not honoring it)?

If I were @scotty12, I would have picked 2 Dynamic Duo Fun House and forced them to honor the $39.99 price tag with BOGO50. The $39.99 was the advertised price for the store whether it was a screw up or not.

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,385
    Poochy said:

scotty12 said:

dougts said:

^ there are.

In Michigan not only do they have to honor that price but also give you a $5 discount as well.