Comments

• skherbeckskherbeck Member Posts: 33
    When is this book available?
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,803
    skherbeck said:

When is this book available?

Amazon.com lists May 1. GRogall has some two-page spreads from the Dorling Kindersley website here, which show off the page layout.

Overall, as a reference source, there's probably very little in it you couldn't find online, but these kinds of books are still nice on account of their high-resolution, high-quality official images, and of course there seem to be quite a few jokes thrown in to make it more entertaining. There are also occasionally a few neat trivia points acknowledged, though other trivia points are a bit pointless (pardon the pun).

The only one of these books I have is the LEGO Ninjago Character Encyclopedia. Definitely a great book, but it would be most useful as a reference source if online research weren't practical for whatever reason. It's also sometimes easier to flip between book pages than navigate between web pages.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    True, but it contains an exclusive CMF.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,750
    And they're also aimed at children. I remember as a child flicking through reference books and annuals with much enjoyment.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,803
    andhe said:

And they're also aimed at children. I remember as a child flicking through reference books and annuals with much enjoyment.

Amen to that. I subsisted on reference books when I was a kid, back before I discovered that you could often find the same info and more on the Internet for free. Video game strategy guides and instruction manuals, Star Wars reference guides, "The Ultimate LEGO Book", and "Incredible Cross Sections" books were some of my chief sources of inspiration when MOCing. So I can see why kids would love this kind of thing.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    I love a good reference book, sure the Internet has a huge range of details about whatever you want, but there is nothing quite like flicking through a big hard cover book to me...
    andhejasorkylejohnson11pookie