Just noticed this new set on shop.lego.com: 5001925 Horizon Express Kit
I wasn't expecting that!
From the description:Power down the rails with a super-charged Horizon Express!
Speed down the track in the motorized LEGO® Horizon Express! This highly detailed LEGO interpretation of a modern, high-speed electric passenger train just got better with the addition of 6 LEGO Power Functions accessories! This kit includes the Horizon Express train and everything you need to add bright LED headlights, rechargeable batteries with charger, an electric motor, infrared remote control and infrared receiver.
The detailed body features black train windows, LEGO brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, printed windscreen and brick-built doors. Remove the roof to play inside of the 2 detailed passenger cars! Control the whole train with the front engine car, control panel and brick-built electrical box! Then take to the tracks in luxury with the first-class car seats, luggage, newspapers, computer screen and even a bathroom with sliding door! The rear car features a bar with hinged counter, tables and seats for the passengers, a coffee machine, cups and bottles. Includes 6 minifigures: train engineer, train steward and 4 passengers
• Features 10233 Horizon Express and LEGO® Power Functions accessories: 8878 Rechargeable Battery Box, 8887 Transformer 10V DC, 8884 IR Receiver, 8879 IR Speed Remote Control, 88002 Train Motor and 8870 Lights
• Includes 6 minifigures: female train engineer, male train steward, 2 female passengers and 2 male passengers
• Horizon Express includes 3 train cars, detailed engine room, printed windscreen, black train windows, LEGO brick-built chevron detailing, extendable pantographs, seats, a bathroom with sliding door, bar with hinged counter and tables with seats
• Accessories include luggage, newspapers, computer screen, coffee machine, cups and bottle
• Power Functions accessories enhance your train experience with bright headlights, wireless remote speed and direction control and rechargeable batteries
• Take your LEGO train collection to the next level!
• Train measures 31" (79cm) long
Buying another train set will also reduce your cost and adds more parts - think tracks.
I can tell you, that using the rechargeable battery is easier so that you do not have to take the train appart to change batteries.
Worth every single penny. :) Taking them apart to change batteries is just nuts, the cost of AA batteries isn't free, and plugging them into the wall, they run all day.