Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

EXPIRED: [US] Kmart 50% off clearance toys YMMV

epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
edited September 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
Both Kmarts in my area had this going on. I snagged the whole first planet series for $3 a piece, and a Tie Fighter for $22.
If there are any around you, it probably wouldn't hurt to check :)

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    Just ran and checked mine. Nothing on clearance. They barely even have half of their LEGO aisle stocked. Has been like that since Christmas.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    My K-Mart was in the process of updating sale prices. I stopped by to get shampoo... and came home with lots of Lego :) My Tie Fighters (X2) were $27, but I picked up two mine trucks #4202 for $15.50 each, and two Nasa Buggys #3365 for $1.25 each... and a lasha spinner #9562 for $2.50. which I still feel might be too much, but I was in the spirit of the sale.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Were the prices marked or did you have to scan them to check?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,164
    In San Diego, one K-mart is going to out of business why another looks like they should have gone out of business years ago....
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    edited February 2013
    There were little yellow "reduced" stickers on all of the clearance stuff, and there was a "50% off all clearance" banner hanging on the shelves.
    Everything I bought had stickers, actually, but every reduced price was incorrect :D In fact, my g.f. made me go back and buy 3 more Tie Fighters and 2 more dump trucks (talk about a great woman!). All of the reduced price stickers at my K-Mart were 30% off stickers, but are ringing up at 50% plus.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Found a few things...imageimage
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
    @kor- Yes, just a... few things. ;-)

Nice haul!
    margot
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,161
    Can anyone source me a tie fighter. Im willing to trade or purchase. Send me a pm if you're interested. Im based in cali. Thanks
    I live really close to two Big Kmarts...The first one I hit had 50% off signs everywhere and no LEGO sets to be found. I tried the other one just 10min down the road and didnt see any signs but they had a big clearance section.....was able to pick up 3 #9492 sets for $24.50 each...3 #7288 sets for $20 each....1 # 4528 for $5.50 and acouple Hero Factory sets for $9.00 each...Thanks for the heads up
    I'm glad others are having luck, although it seems to be all the same things.
    TIE FIGHTERS FOR EVERYONE!
    You can't build an Empire without Tie Fighters! I wonder if this is what happened after the Death Star II blew up... Tie Fighter clearance throughout the Empire!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    ^ Thrawn took over the Empire, so Tie Fighters definitely did not go on clearance.
    maybe once the rebellion became the new boss of the empire they recycled them and painted them white and red
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
    Those would be some ugly albino TIE fighters...
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    I stopped by the one in Beaverton this morning. They had 3 TIEs at $24.50 each, some AC motherships for $27and a Ninjago bite cycle for $11.
    I left them all there since I have them all and I'm trying to save Lego budget for all the 2013 sets we want.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I hit three KMarts tonight. Only found a #7288 Mobile Police Unit. Got it for $20. Also founf 2 AC Motherships for $27, but I still have a bunch of those.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 537
    KMart.com has TIE Fighters for $24.50 still in stock.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    ^i can't add to cart. Missed this deal by 2 days. Wish I would have known Sunday. I need to go back through the last year or two and check dates on this sale and see if there are any patterns. Kmart is a waste of time otherwise.
    This sale was much earlier this year. My recollection was this ran either late in March or early in April last year. The KMarts in my area have REALLY scaled back on Lego anyway.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 682
    Remember to check for the LEGO games and there's a Ninjago bag/briefcase/zip toy bin on clearance also. Regular Price $17.99, clearanced at $14.00, with 50%off it's now $7.00.....kids lov'em at least.
  • TinKnockerHimesTinKnockerHimes Member Posts: 76
    I just left one and the sale was still going on, but someone already picked up all the legos, about to go check another one out
  • jlpythonjlpython ILLINOIS, USAMember Posts: 77
    Wife picked up a TIE Fighter for me while I was at work - $24.50. And some of my favorite cottage cheese to boot - it's my lucky day!
    dang, now I'm off to get cottage cheese... one of my fav. snacks, too :D
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ Non-fat, and full of protein :)
    I just got back from an out of the way K-mart and didnt find much. But if its onne thing I learned from clearance hunting at Wal-mart its scan everything. I found #79010 for $37....I was shocked....Also found #9496 for $9.50.... # 9498 for $11 and #9463 for $16...
    That Goblin King is insane.
    A whole stack of them recently appeared out of nowhere at my local Walmart, but there was a $99 sign under it. I'll try scanning it.
    They also had a bunch of sets in the clearance isle that scanned normal price. I asked the manager and he said that they will be going on sale but that they werent uploaded yet but should be in by the end of the week. I told him I would buy them all when they go on sale and he said "hold on..I'll be right back" He came back with a lady who is doing the uploading and a shopping cart. He loaded the sets into the cart and put my name on a sticker with my number and told the lady that when they are marked for clearance to call me and have me pick them up. Now thats customer service...lol. Granted the only other sets were about a dozen clone trooper battle packs and three of the Monster fighters car but for 50% off I will gladly buy them
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,252
    ^--- Nice, hopefully they stay committed to that and another employee does not take them, or simply put them back out on the shelf
    I have my fingers crossed
  • DaSmokeEaterDaSmokeEater Member Posts: 34
    #9466 Monster Fighters was down to $18.50 a set at the Crystal Lake, Il. K-Mart!
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 68
    edited February 2013
    Thanos75 said:

They also had a bunch of sets in the clearance isle that scanned normal price. I asked the manager and he said that they will be going on sale but that they werent uploaded yet but should be in by the end of the week. I told him I would buy them all when they go on sale and he said "hold on..I'll be right back" He came back with a lady who is doing the uploading and a shopping cart. He loaded the sets into the cart and put my name on a sticker with my number and told the lady that when they are marked for clearance to call me and have me pick them up. Now thats customer service...lol. Granted the only other sets were about a dozen clone trooper battle packs and three of the Monster fighters car but for 50% off I will gladly buy them

Cool did he say what they would be marked down to % wise and which sets?

He had no clue. The store had a big clearance section but no big 50% of sign. I told him that everything marked was scanning at 50% off the market price. They had almost no LEGO on the shelves. They did have a ton of series 7 & 8 cmf's but they rung up at $2.99. I have 4 K-marts here in New Orleans. I checked all 4 and only found anything on clearance at 2 of them.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I had seen Attach on weathertop #9472 and the X-Wing for $45 at my store. That was a week ago, I'll go check see if anything else has been reduced
    Can anyone else confirm that any of the MF sets were added this week? I've already made my rounds and don;t feel like doing it again unless others have seen the MF thrown into the clearance.
    I stopped by again today, and found a few Sith Infiltrators for $24 a piece.
    Not bad at all ;)
    I'm heading to visit the in-laws over by Philly this weekend. I can't wait to drag my wife around to all the clearances :D
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 385
    ^^ nothing added where I am (Minnesota).
    have not seen any MF, mainly just star wars and a few #7065 that i left on the shelf for $24, and that was last night a checked two more stores, have one more in my area to check
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    ^ OOS
    sorry, just realized that
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    wagnerml2 said:

I hit three KMarts tonight. Only found a #7288 Mobile Police Unit. Got it for $20. Also founf 2 AC Motherships for $27, but I still have a bunch of those.

Motherships. Will those ever stop appearing in the stores? I think they are breeding...
    jlpython
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    wagnerml2 said:

Can anyone else confirm that any of the MF sets were added this week? I've already made my rounds and don;t feel like doing it again unless others have seen the MF thrown into the clearance.

I saw the Vampire Hearse for sale, if I remember correctly it was like 28 bucks or something. But this was before this supposed 50% off sale, it could be lower.
    yys4u said:

wagnerml2 said:

I saw the Vampire Hearse for sale, if I remember correctly it was like 28 bucks or something. But this was before this supposed 50% off sale, it could be lower.
    I would love that.
    My Kmart has pretty much the whole lineup minus the $100+ ones.
    It'd be great to get them for cheap.

I have a feeling the Gungan Sub is the next one on the chopping block. My local store has like 10 or so for the past 6 months. They're not budging.
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 454
    edited February 2013
    @Prevere
    Motherships. Will those ever stop appearing in the stores? I think they are breeding...

Haha that and 7147 and if TRU is the Case 7962,7879 or 7066.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 929
    Looking for AQ Mothership and Sith Infiltrators, I'll hit up the other local Kmarts tomorrow. I did find S7 minfigs for 1.94, planets for 3.99, Lex luthor mech for $9, ninjago case for $7, and the small dino set for $5 at the last location.
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    edited March 2013
    Between two Kmarts, I bought 2 Tie Fighters for $24.50 ea, three Sith Infiltrators for $26 ea, the Mobile Police unit for $20 and one of those dumb Alien Motherships for $27. Might regret that one.
    These were stores in PA on Sunday-Monday.
    I left some items on the shelves, but not many. May try another store tomorrow, but I'm not expecting much.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 656
    I'd be interested in a TIE Fighter, Sith Infiltrator, planet sets, and anything Super Heores... if anyone is so kind.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @starfailure... you must build the mothership! it's a bit repetitive but it's one of the most fun sets around... pew pewpewpew pew! pew pewpewpew pew!
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @GIR3691 was in East Meadow Wallyworld where they have a whole shelf of "clearance" lego with red stickers... all at full price =-D !!!!!!!!!!