Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO 10173 HOLIDAY TRAIN LIMITED EDITION FOR SALE UK ONLY

Hi all

i have for sale my 10173 holiday train limited edition

most of you will know this is a rare train with it been only for sale for about 10 weeks at christmas 2006

i have the box and instructions in good condition and the train is complete, but i do have 1 mini fig missing (cream shirt with black cap)

i have listed it as uk only because of the high postage costs to send things overseas with tracking and recorded. i only send things in the uk via parcel force signed for or parcel force 48 full tracked.

any questions please do ask as you can see i have a high 100% feedback score

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281069330869?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

thanks you
SirKevbags

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,797
    Could you do BrickSet a favour before you sell it and scan the instructions for a new photo for the #10173 page? Seems they want a better photo :)
  • winterzombiewinterzombie Banned Posts: 8
    hi

if i had a scanner i would, but i dont have a scanner. :( sorry wish i could help
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

Could you do BrickSet a favour before you sell it and scan the instructions for a new photo for the #10173 page? Seems they want a better photo :)

I can do a scan for it. I've got the instructions and box. I've got some others I was planning to scan for the site.
    winterzombiethenos
    i could take some quality pictures of the box if need be for the site. but please let me know as it will be sold with in a week.
  • morezonemorezone Member Posts: 207
    I do not like how you have done your listing. In the wording you mention that it does NOT include power functions or track and "what you see is what you get". Yet your pictures show the train on tracks. I wouldn't have included the tracks in your pictures as there are plenty of people who will NOT read the wording properly and assume tracks are included. Plus, you can't really use the phrase "what you see is what you get" if you're going to show pictures with tracks and not include them in the sale.
    UKtsumiTheLoneTensor
    sorry, i gess i carnt please everybody all the time. but please look at my feedback, 648 feedback all 100% happy. happy bidding :)
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 626
    edited February 2013
    "AS FAR AS I KNOW IT IS COMPLETE"
    I don't like these kind of disclaimers...
    your selling an expensive set, it doesn't take that long to check it !

Your advertising it on here, so do bricksetters get a discount??
    UKtsumi said:

"AS FAR AS I KNOW IT IS COMPLETE"
    I don't like these kind of disclaimers...
    your selling an expensive set, it doesn't take that long to check it !

Your advertising it on here, so do bricksetters get a discount??

then please dont bid. their is 965 pieces to the set and i havent counted every one due to a busy family life and work

thank you for your interest
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 626
    only offering an opinion! It'll come back and bite you after the sale.
    Matthew
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    5 visits, joined February 13. I highly doubt a brickset discount.

Definitely a nice set that I'm looking to buy, but I have to agree with @morezone and @uktsumi that your listing leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not going to buy it on principle as I don't like reinforcing one-and-donee to come to a great forum just to flog their sales on eBay.

Now if @huw got a commission or charged for the privilege of advertising your eBay listing, I might reconsider. For now, no way.

• TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    ^Huw will get commission, so long as you follow the link from the forum. ;-)
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,430
    a commission for a sale on eBay?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited February 2013
    ^ Yep; probably not if clicked through the mobile site though.
    Huw said:

Yes--I've enabled additional functionality of SkimLinks that does this in addition to turning hyperlinks to vendors into affiliate links, which it's been doing for a year or so.
    I don't have any conrtrol over the mobile site at all so can't enable SkimLinks on it.

can a moderator please close this topic, thank you
    just a update for the train AFOL on here, i have not got the missing minifig and so i will be re-listing it in the next day or so.

just a update for the train AFOL on here, i have got the missing minifig and so i will be re-listing it in the next day or so.

sorry dam keyboard !
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ Your keyboard added in an extra word of it's own accord? Never seen that before...
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    This thread has been closed as the original poster was previously banned.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.