Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] TRU $20 off Lego Purchase $75+ Feb 24-Mar 2

epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
edited February 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just got the email.
In-store only. Excludes clearance and Ninjago.

Comments

• DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 344
    I see on the website that the Ninja Turtles sets have been reduced to MSRP... can anyone verify whether these prices are in the store also? Thanks!
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    edited February 2013

I see on the website that the Ninja Turtles sets have been reduced to MSRP... can anyone verify whether these prices are in the store also? Thanks!

I've never seen them MSRP in stores. Your best bet may be to get 2 of the Baxter Stockman set at $44.99 ($5.00 over retail.) You'd come out saving at least $10.00 for 2 exclusives.

(During sales like this one, TRU always seems to lower their online prices because they aren't part of the promotion.)

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,669
    They should price match their own prices according to their policy: "We’ll match Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com online pricing in our stores, except for online-only prices and Cyber Monday prices."
    TMNT prices are not marked as "online only"

Print their policy and the product page, I got that working last time for The Hobbit #79004.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,932
    I also notice that the increased prices for the items in the BOGO50 last week have 'coincidentally' been put on 'sale' to reduce them to RPP.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194

They should price match their own prices according to their policy: "We’ll match Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com online pricing in our stores, except for online-only prices and Cyber Monday prices."

Print their policy and the product page, I got that working last time for The Hobbit #79004.

They will honor their online price, but I do not think you can apply the in-store promo afterwards. At least they refused to do so at my store.
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    busumoe1 said:

They will honor their online price, but I do not think you can apply the in-store promo afterwards. At least they refused to do so at my store.
    That's correct - at least at my TRU. They will not combine a price match -even their own - with any promo.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ They consider a PM to be a sale, and therefore that invalidates the coupon (since it's for "regular" price only).
    I checked what promotion was running when I did it, it was actually a $20 Groupon, not a TRU coupon.
  • RocketBaseAlphaRocketBaseAlpha Member Posts: 9
    Local TRU matched the website on the Vampyre Castle, taking it down to the RRP of $99 from$109, then applied the promo so I got it for $79.

With TRU, as most things, YMMV.
  • TheMurmurTheMurmur Member Posts: 90
    My TRU matched the online and honored the $20 off as well, picked up a couple of TMNT sets this way.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Silly question but how come the #42000 Grand Prix Racer is not listed on the Lego [email protected] site like other Technics. I saw that it is now available for sale at TRU. Is this set only available at TRU and not [email protected]?
    @Renny, that is strange, I saw it in the LEGO store last week-end...
    Thanks @coloradobricks. I'll stop by my nearest Lego store this weekend and see about picking it up. I have a gift card and some VIP points which would result in a better deal than getting it at TRU. Hoping they have it in stock.
    @Renny, I am waiting for double VIP... used all my points on the Cinema :)
    Ah you're right, completely forgot about the double point promotion. I'll just have to hold off for awhile then. As for the cinema palace, excellent use of points!
  • shorroshorro AlbertaMember Posts: 10
    The current sale prices (down to RRP) seem to be stacking with the 20% off 100 coupon (TRU20OFF), online at least. 2 Unexpected Gatherings came in at $55.99 each. Doesn't stack with everything, so very YMMV.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 308
    Of all the days for their gift card system to be down. Oh well.