Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Double VIP months?

jjb5000jjb5000 TamworthMember Posts: 103
Hi guys

I am off to the states the end of next month and was wondering if anyone knows if they will be having a double points month in march? Planning on spending a bit so would be nice if there is :-)

Cheers

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,291
    Historically March and October are 2X VIP months. Like you, I am waiting to buy this years sets with bonus points too. Namely the big stuff like Arkham and the new Train. Hopefully the March store calendar will be revealed soon and we will know for sure.
  • JackBrickHouseJackBrickHouse Member Posts: 2
    The March Store Calendar preview at toysnbricks.com lists the next VIP Double points days as March 25 thru April 8.
  • jjb5000jjb5000 TamworthMember Posts: 103
    Oh dag nam it!!!!

I am there til the 15th :-(

Never mind, at least I will be able to pick up some sets cheaper than here in the uk. Probably going for galaxy squad and TMNT and a couple of Star Wars :-)
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    I was really hoping it would be 1 March too, wanted to get them on the Palace Cinema but if it's available from 14 Feb for VIP members I just don't think I'll have the patience to wait until 25 March. :-/

Is it just wishful thinking or do I recall on occasion they extend the life of some of these deals relative to what is quoted - maybe it's just the free shipping option they seem to do this with. We can only hope...
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,147
    edited February 2013
    I didnt go with double points for the cinema only because A. I couldnt wait that long and B. what does it "get" me? 7.50 in VIP dollars? Great.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329

I didnt go with double points for the cinema only because A. I couldnt wait that long and B. what does it "get" me? 7.50 in VIP dollars? Great.

Actually it is $5 per $100 purchase ($150x 2 (double points)= $300) So, that would be $15 in rewards.

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,271
    ^ It's actually 298 points since they round down from the $149.99 which is $10 in rewards and then another $5 after you spend $2 more.

• adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    starfire2 said:

Actually it is $5 per $100 purchase ($150x 2 (double points)= $300) So, that would be $15 in rewards.

I could be mistaken but I believe he meant that it would be $7.50 EXTRA. You get $7.50 for the Palace Cinema at retail and an extra $7.50 per the double VIP.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    If you are buying online instead of in the store than you might as well get free shipping instead of double VIP points, I'm guessing they are almost the same. It would be great if they combined double VIP and free shipping but I don't see that too often.
  • RTORTO Member Posts: 73
    graphite said:

^ It's actually 298 points since they round down from the $149.99 which is $10 in rewards and then another $5 after you spend $2 more.

Actually, I believe it's 299.98 points, rounded down to 299 (for display purposes only). If you look at the receipt (if purchased in store), they include the points after the decimal. It's only online they don't display it (although they do keep track of it).

For example, go place 2x any $149.99 item in your cart at [email protected] 299 points.
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 323
    edited February 2013
    Now: approx $7.50 in points, helicopter poly, and free shipping (if online).
    Later: approx $15 in points.

If you are ordering online, it is definitely better to buy now. If you are going to the store, only get it if you think having it early and the helicopter are worth $7.50.

Personally, I am waiting. I am going back home for Easter and the sales tax there is 3% less than it is here (there are LEGO stores both places). So for me waiting results in a $12 benefit ($7.50 extra points + $4.50 tax savings).
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561

Historically March and October are 2X VIP months. Like you, I am waiting to buy this years sets with bonus points too. Namely the big stuff like Arkham and the new Train. Hopefully the March store calendar will be revealed soon and we will know for sure.

Double VIP points time is NOT when you should be spending your points. Spending points does not earn you more so you're squandering the offer if you do.

• RTORTO Member Posts: 73
    I don't think he literally meant "buy ... with bonus points". I think he meant he'll buy them in order to receive the bonus points. In other words - wait for 2x points to buy the "big stuff".
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    I bought it early to get free shipping and the polybag. I live not too far from a brand store, and I like to support my local store, but it charges a blanket 10% hike on almost all products (compared with [email protected]), so I just couldn't swallow the extra $15 for the PC.

I don't mind the extra 10% on small sets when I go in with my boys to choose something fun, but when [email protected] offers free shipping, I put in an order on the big sets.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    edited February 2013
    ^ Wow, I did not know some LBR charge above MSRP :(.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Robb said:

I bought it early to get free shipping and the polybag. I live not too far from a brand store, and I like to support my local store, but it charges a blanket 10% hike on almost all products (compared with [email protected]), so I just couldn't swallow the extra $15 for the PC.

I don't mind the extra 10% on small sets when I go in with my boys to choose something fun, but when [email protected] offers free shipping, I put in an order on the big sets.

Are you sure they charge above MSRP or are you thinking about the total you spend which would reflect various sales taxes as well? I've never seen a Lego store charge over MSRP. That's why they call it Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

• jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    ^ There's at least two LEGO stores that charge above MSRP, Honolulu and Rockerfeller Center. They have generally a 10% up charge on all the items.
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    prof1515 said:

Are you sure they charge above MSRP or are you thinking about the total you spend which would reflect various sales taxes as well? I've never seen a Lego store charge over MSRP. That's why they call it Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

Yes, what jadeirene said. I guess due to high rent costs and the high tourist market, certain LEGO brand stores have permission to inflate the MSRP.