Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How many times per day do you check the Brickset forum?

Comments

• princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    edited October 2012
    sadowsk1 said:

Used to be more, less now, some threads just spiral off topic so far...

I used to love Topic's, do they still do them?? Chocolatey Nutty goodness! ;)

Andor
  • tedwardtedward CanadaMember Posts: 163
    Once a day on average but I also have BrickSet news in my Google Reader (for RSS) feeds) and I see lots of Brickset posts on FB.
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    just once too many, mostly i look at the usa shopping discussion but i gotta stop and save up for black friday
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 665
    Usually twice a day, sometimes more. Just one more addiction in a hobby full of them; thanks for that, Huw!

(seriously, though: thanks so much for making this site what it is today, a great resource for all things LEGO)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,019
    Lately, A LOT more with all of the sales popping up between Amazon and Walmart.com
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    At least 2-3 times a day.
    Andor
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    When I open Internet Explorer, I have a half dozen tabs open automatically...

Brickset forums is one of them. ;)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,435
    Me too
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,711
    Thank goodness Brickset doesnt host Fantasy Football or I might never leave...

;o)
    samiam391
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,280
    ^ Actually that might save me some time if I could check it all in the same place!
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^^ and while youre there, can you add a section for non lego fans, then I can replace facebook with this :)
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,920
    ^A brickset empire. Although a agree button would be good for comments as I find myself agreeing with people but not wanting to repeat what they say.

I tend to visit at least twice a day. But I rarely comment now.
    MatthewCCCsidersddbrickmatic
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    Hmm, 2.4k views already. Maybe people should now be answering "How many times a day do you check this thread?"
  • dino_girldino_girl LondonMember Posts: 107
    ^ about 6 times yesterday
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290

^A brickset empire. Although a agree button would be good for comments as I find myself agreeing with people but not wanting to repeat what they say.

This is actually available as an add-on. I'll discuss with the staff about enabling it.

cheshirecatCCCBrickDancerkhmellymelbellybutton290
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    ^ So that's where the "Best of..." category is coming from, eh. Hopefully the ease of flagging won't contribute to any whimsical abuse, which I guess is cut down by displaying who flags...?
    atkinsar
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I hadn't noticed the "best of..." in the top menu to be honest, thanks for pointing it out.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    It seems you can now see peoples "reactions" on their profile too.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,920
    edited October 2012
    @rocao thanks for sorting that out. And @Huw and other staff for agreeing to it. Makes it a lot easier and nicer you can see what people think of your posts. Plus I can agree with stuff and not repeat it.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Curiously though, does there need to be a "Like" feature if there's already "Agree/ Disagree"? And what do the icons that look like radioactive symbols mean?
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    It stands for Spam, it is the admins being funny, labeling another admin as spam. :)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    As with most of you, the answer is far too often. Though much less recently as I'm just overwhelmed with making minifig orders to hang out (both online and in real life). :-(

But I remember clearly finding Brickset (pre-forum) as I came out of my dark ages, and enjoying the front page but thinking I'll never remember to check it regularly for deals....ha ha ha! If only I knew what my life would become! Lego has taken over my life (literally) and I have Brickset and the wonderful people on here to thank/blame ;-)
    brickmaticAndor
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I check it around 10 times a day I'd say, more so when I'm awake. Interestingly, my post count has fallen dramatically though.
    Andor
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092

Oh wait, the "visits" thing is for how many times you visit the forum? I always thought it was for the number of visitors to your profile.

Same. Here I thought I was moderately popular, turns out I just have no life outside of reading this forum.

I usually just open once in the morning and refresh throughout the day
    LegobrandonCPAndor
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,633
    edited October 2012

Plus I can agree with stuff and not repeat it.

So can I. :-)

Andor
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Normally couple times a day for me. But ATM every hour or so as off work due to new baby arriving!
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    It looks like 'visits' has long had unknown/buggy behavior: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/133924
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,916
    ^ I think it is best if the "visits" number was not accurate. Or else I would see how much of a loser I am sitting in front of a computer all day reading about LEGO. ;-)
    Bumblepants
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,433
    ^ it's not really the number of visits but the time spent on the site. I go on in the morning at work and leave it open so while it may only count as one visit, it's really open for 8 hours. :-)
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 626
    Can someone remind me of what I used to do before I found Brickset??? Its only been a year, and I have far too many visits!
    Andor
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    ^Same here!!! Lol
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    edited February 2013
    Averaging 5 visits a day I would say spending and hour or two on the forum while on the train into and out of work since it started. Some visits at home and work aswell. It's a great forum and very friendly.
    Andor
  • SiESiE Member Posts: 238
    A lot, i just wish we had tapatalk support to make mobile access easier.
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    Probably more than @brian but less than @mrtonyjt :)
    yys4u
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    Hourly maybe.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    still clocking in between 30 and 50 times per day. not sure why I expect to see anything new when I do...
    Andor
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    I'll admit I have been MIA for a few weeks starting a new job and moving. However, even then I was still "browsing" the forum and seeing if any news was posted that caught my eye at least a few times a day. Now that I am settled again I'd say almost every couple of hours I'll be on checking things out.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,308
    I just leave the Brickset forum open on my computer and refresh it every so often.
    OldfanrancorbaitAndor
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    ^ Same, I bring up brickset once, I just happen to refresh it 100 times throughout the day haha
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl BordersMember Posts: 190
    I work with computers, so I log on in the morning, then the site stays open in my browser either at home or work until I shut down my pc(s) to go to bed at night. I would say I check the site a minimum of 10 times a day, often more. it is definitely my favourite Lego site.
  • VDubsVDubs Member Posts: 23
    I come on here maybe every other day or when I get an email
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    I don't shut my pc down or even log off... Sometimes for weeks. I work from home, so it just stays on all the time. That way I can be on and going in seconds. So it's no wonder my visit counter is so low.
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    We had a big rain storm the other day and the internet went all wonky. I was amazed at how much I missed this forum, and since I'm always telling my teenage son he spends way too much time on the computer, I couldn't let on I was jumping out of my skin to see the latest posts. Luckily, the library called and informed me an item I had reserved was available, so I made a little side trip to their computer room also. To answer the OP- a lot!
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    At least twice a day, although I usually just leave it open in a tab on firefox for quick access, so I probably check it closer to 5 times a day.
  • dejavudejavu USAMember Posts: 235
    5.7 times.

The .7 is when I check it but am sleepy and don't really care.
    BrickDancerAndor
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Too many
    edited June 2013
    All day every day. During breakfast, during work, during lunch, throughout my workout, after my shower, while I'm sitting on the can, during dinner, while at Target feeling through a while series 10 display rack, while watching The Expendables, right now. This is just one day.
    GothamConstructionCoBumblepantsBrickDancerTheLoneTensor
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    edited June 2013
    ^Thanks @Pitfall69. Just a 'wee' bit TMI in that one.
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    i just stay
    LegoMom1 said:

^Thanks @Pitfall69. Just a 'wee' bit TMI in that one.

I'm sorry, but it is true. That's where I do some of my best thinking. My comments are di'stinct'.

Andor