Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New Iron Man sets appearing already?

HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
edited February 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
So I was just at my local TRU for some StarWars, when to my surprise, on the shelves, already were the Series 3 Planets and the Iron Man 3 Iron Man vs manderian: ultimate showdown. Now I left the planets alone so idk about those but it was BOGO 1/2 off so I got the Iron Man (no Seaport Battle or MMA though) and they said they couldn't sell it till the 1st. I read the news on the homepage and it seems a bit early, I mean a whole 2 months before the movie comes out?
What do you guys think?

Comments

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,793
    If they can't sell them yet, while did they put them on the shelf?
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    ^I was with my mom (I was getting birthday stuff) and they just happened to be there. I was amazed by it! And actually my mom said tht all the way out of the strore, so then I had to explain to her about resellers like TRU and stuff- but my bday isnt until June (I collect early to maximize potential) and it was a 96 piece set I didnt care
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,046
    ^ You are over 18, aren't you @HarryPotterLover? It's a requirement of the forum.
    epyon396
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,308
    I thought it was 16?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,274
    It does say 16.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,234
    16 Earth years. Huw is still on Copenhagen time. :o)
    Pitfall69
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    Huw said:

^ You are over 18, aren't you @HarryPotterLover? It's a requirement of the forum.

Just because he goes shopping at TRU with his mom means he isn't over 16? lol ;-)
    margot
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,093
    Ya I went with my mom to the LEGO store in Anaheim on black friday, we were shopping all day together and that was my stop :)
  • AnthonyC173AnthonyC173 Member Posts: 101
    im 20 and go to toys r us with my mommy :)
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid ...
    yys4uTheBrickLadd
    @HarryPotterLover Over 18 collector- she couldn't possibly keep track of what I had- so if she wanted to get me somthing I wouldn't just use for parts (no more parts until I finish sorting what I already have Xp) so yeah, just helping her out :)
    ANYWAYYYY..... can we just talk about the IM3 sets and not my age X)
    ^ I ment @Huw not at myself
    yys4u
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I hope I see them soon. The Seaport Battle will be mine on sight. I needs me some War Machine minifig action!
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    My TRU received these sets today but they are marked do not put on shelf before March 7 (might be off a few days on the date), although many other Iron Man toys are OK to sell now.
    I feel releasing new sets should be more coordinated that what they hav, but if people are able to get sets early, here here!