Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Nice TRU combination possibilities this morning

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    One of my #5771 from my last order came pretty dented, so I just exchanged it in-store - no hassle at all
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    I'm convinced they ship the worst conditioned boxes since you don't get to choose it. My Quinjet was quite crushed, but I'm keeping it, so I won't bother exchanging.

The last time I did a site-to-store, they put a sticker/label on the box and ripped it off when I signed in to pick it up (tearing the set's box). :( Wish I didn't witness that, but I wasn't about to make a scene and say "I'm not accepting that now."
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Received a President's Day special E-mail today with a $20 off $100/$10 off $60/$5 off of $30 coupon. Plus, 30% off of Palpatine's Arrest, Y-Wing, and Several Planet sets. $66.99 for Palpatine's Arrest isn't bad at all. I think I might have to grab it for that price.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ let us know if you're able to get the coupon to stack - the coupon does state it's for "regularly priced" items only. That usually means no sale priced items (even when their sale price is down to MSRP).
  • willkfwongwillkfwong Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 44
    Yesterday I walked into TRU to take advantage of their $15 off $75 spent in store. I grabbed all the series 9 minifigures I could find and asked if I could make two separate transactions to take advantage of $15 off $75 and $20 off $100.

The TRU employee was very nice and agreed to ring up two transactions. The $15 off $75 went through no problem. When she tried to ring up the second transaction of $100+, the coupon came up invalid. She explained that I could only use one or the other within the sales period, not both...

Sigh.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ Isn't the 15/75 automatic in-store (i.e. there's no coupon)? And if so, how does the computer know that both transactions belongs to you (or did you give them your Reward number)?
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    ^^did she adjust the price to the online price (2.99) or can they not adjust if you want to use the coupon?
  • jasorjasor United StatesMember Posts: 839
    yeaaaaaaaah, I was going to use a 20% coupon on Helms Deep they had lying around at my TRU, but they had a one day deal 20$ off 100$ Lego purchase.

the 20% is greater than the 20$, so they wouldnt let me use the coupon. *sigh. That's a good deal on the Palp's Arrest!
  • willkfwongwillkfwong Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 44
    ^^ They were able to track it through my TRU rewards number. Not sure if a TRU rewards number is required for $15 off $75. I would try making a trip for $15 off 75 without TRU rewards number and make another trip for $20 off $100 with TRU rewards.

^ No. She did not adjust the price to $2.99. They are $3.49 in Southern California.
  • paulmisonpaulmison Member Posts: 39
    Looks like these are the "30% off" sets: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&kw=021513lego&origkw=021513lego&kwCatId=&view=all

Palpatine's Arrest is more like 14% off compared with Lego's price, but if you can stack discounts, that might work nicely.

TRU also seem to have the Series 3 Planets (for $10.99 a pop).
    According to some on ToysNBricks the $15 off $75 is stacking on the 30% off Palpatine set in-store. I think today may be the last day for the deal though.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,013
    ^^
    I just picked one up and it did stack. Today is the last day.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited February 2013
    The $15 did come off of the already 30% off sale price of the Palpatine set. Also, we had a $5 coupon for a birthday that also stacked.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    B1G1 50% is on this week but with perhaps a few exceptions, everything is marked up to the point you save little to nothing over RRP. Pitiful.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,151
    edited February 2013
    A few exceptions? LEGO Technic Chima and the mods are all missing from the sale I think because they mention that 'hard to find' are off of sale as well.
    There are a couple of decent deals to be had.. 5771 hillside house is still available. The parking garage is only 97, and they have the Minecraft set on 'sale' as well. But it is clear that anything around 50 bucks and under is almost not worth it because they bumped up all the prices their usual 10%
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    Ninja Turtles are also excluded from the deal.
    edited February 2013
    Sorry I was half sleep typing when posting this morning.
    What I mean to say was Minecraft sets are about 35-45 (depending on tax) but you can get up to 4, the Parking garages are about 92-102 each if you get 2 (depending on tax). The 5771 are about 50-60 if you get 2 and depending on tax, etc.
    I guess we need a 'your tax may vary' abbreviation

The problem with most sets are they are listing some sets as 10-20% over retail, this is simply annoying, especially for smaller sets, at least TRU allows up to three BOGOs per cart now so you can stack some items to get the free shipping, but I was hoping to get the loTR Uruk hai army sets to expand on the Helms Deep set for a good price, but after the BOGO the price would have been about the same as buying them retail.
    Minecraqft fall into the same category, but at least I can 4 of them for a lot cheaper than through LEGO.com with their tax and obscene shipping.

The 5771 is probably one of the best deals you are going to get for this BOGO, unless the mods go on sale, which I doubt will occur...
    More and more it is looking like Amazon will be the better place to go for deals now.
    The last couple of BOGO50 sales have excluded the modulars but have been immediately followed by a BOGO40 on the modulars, which is still a good deal until they start marking them up over RRP
    madforLEGO
  • BobkovBobkov Member Posts: 31
    If you can actually get to the store, I usually use the Buy one get one 50% off, or buy two get one free sales on the CMF (assuming you don't have all of them yet). With the 50% off sale, this makes each $2.39. So even with a 6.3% markup, you're still 20% ahead of the game (which seems to be hard to get any discount on these anywhere else).
  • effingaeffinga Member Posts: 3
    found 2 #10212 for $195 each after the promo at my local TRU
    ^ score!
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    I went to a TRU store today looking for polybags and found, wait for it .... sets at RRP! Not many, but picked up Fierce Fliers and a few recent Friends sets with the BOGO50%. And the galaxy squad 30231 polybags were only $3.49. Maybe their sales have suffered with the horrendous mark ups. You'd like to think so.
  • ReliantReliant Member Posts: 68
    edited February 2013
    Just could not pull the trigger on palpatine's arrest for 61$. That's probably the best we will see. Maybe not though as all the stores that i visited had maybe 30 boxes or so!!! Maybe 50% some day?

Also hearing reports of IS's and slave 1's. Are the pulling these things out of the back of the store room or what!

Also found the bounty hunter green ship. Have never seen that one on the selves for some time either.
  • odshowtimeodshowtime Member Posts: 49
    I bought two of the Battle of Hoth BOGO which seemed like a good deal. For these stupid TRU exclusives you gotta take what you can get.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    edited February 2013
    I got #76005 - Daily Bugle Showdown, #7937 - Train Station, and one of each road pack (#7280 and #7281) for $110 shipped.
    Saved about $20, so not too bad.
    Id say weigh those IS to ensure that those are not fraud returns as unless it was a major TRU store (like DT NY or Chicago) I believe TRUs did not normally have those on shelves, which means they could be returns, and I would be weary of any such returned set of that value.

• leppgleppg Member Posts: 45
    Toys R Us on eBay also has the BOGO50 sale now. Currently they are not excluding things like the website, I see the FB, TH and VW Van that this applies to. The van is marked up 10$ however.
    sidersdd
    leppg said:

Toys R Us on eBay also has the BOGO50 sale now. Currently they are not excluding things like the website, I see the FB, TH and VW Van that this applies to. The van is marked up 10$ however.

Interesting. Is this the first time they've done BOGO on eBay? I guess I've never explored that option before.

Looks like the BOGO only works on one pair of items.
    No idea if they have done it before, but It could be just an oversight on their part. But I think it is intentional as most of the exclusions are still excluded. And yes I noticed the one pair limit, but with you could just place multiple orders as you can get free shipping anyways.
    Except you don't get free shipping on the small items like polybags, right?
    True, I was thinking free shipping for larger items as most of the smaller items aren't worth it with the mark up.
  • odshowtimeodshowtime Member Posts: 49
    Man I ordered the Hoth battles on Monday and they were here Wednesday night. Spectacular shipping this time TRU.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    You'll get free shipping if your total is more than the current limit, which is $79. So if you order enough polybags, you can still get free shipping.
    AAARGHH, I know I should not do it, but do I grab two more FB's?
    Id go after town halls but after I got a couple at Amazon when they hit 154 I really do not want to get anymore right now..
  • PicopiratePicopirate Member Posts: 318
    Too bad GE and PS are not available. I would not mind getting more of those to create a super GE or just add more houses/shops to my modular layout... I really have no desire to make a larger FB or TH though.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Are they limiting quantities to 2 or are they out of FB?
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Both FB and PS are available, but they (like most everything else that is worthwhile) aren't included in the BOGO50 sale.
    ^---The FB was available for BOGO50 on eBay store, as well as the TH, but now it seems like the FB is removed from TRUs eBay store. Not sure about TH
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ I can't find TH anymore, so it looks like they removed that one as well.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    It seems BOGO50 as a whole is gone.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited February 2013
    ^ It seems to still be on their main site: maybe it was just taken off the Ebay store.
    Yeah.. will be interesting if my eBay order gets cancelled
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    I got my tracking # from eBay from my BOGO purchase, so far so good
  • dk1007dk1007 Member Posts: 49
    As soon as you guys start posting here about the ebay Toysrus BOGO 50% off, they ended the promotion immediately. Either we have many viewers here that cause them to sell out or they are monitoring reseller purchase and cracking down. We need to be more low profile.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited February 2013
    dk1007 said:

As soon as you guys start posting here about the ebay Toysrus BOGO 50% off, they ended the promotion immediately. Either we have many viewers here that cause them to sell out or they are monitoring reseller purchase and cracking down. We need to be more low profile.

It's possible, but I think the more likely scenario is that they didn't really mean to put the promotion it on the Ebay store and when a couple got ordered, someone got wise and said (like on the backs of our favorite boxes) "Hey!"

That said, I think TRU's Ebay store is the red headed step child of TRU, because it seems they usually have lots of stuff and their policies over there vary like it the wild west. It's always worth checking out though. I know I got a couple #10219 sets on a BOGO50 and this was after it EOL'd, so it's worth your time to peek at from time to time.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    I made 2 orders the other day on the website for the BOGO and both orders shipped in 2 different shipments. One of the ones I got today was supposed to have 5x of the Frodo polybag but instead it had 5x riddles for the ring. Heres hoping they send me the polybags for free without asking for the other ones back.
    edited February 2013
    tensor said:

dk1007 said:

It's possible, but I think the more likely scenario is that they didn't really mean to put the promotion it on the Ebay store and when a couple got ordered, someone got wise and said (like on the backs of our favorite boxes) "Hey!"

That said, I think TRU's Ebay store is the red headed step child of TRU, because it seems they usually have lots of stuff and their policies over there vary like it the wild west. It's always worth checking out though. I know I got a couple #10219 sets on a BOGO50 and this was after it EOL'd, so it's worth your time to peek at from time to time.
    I would say that the BOGO stuff was up online for about 2-3 days (judging by the number of items sold in that time period on eBay) before taking it down, so I doubt it was solely based on the Forum here.
    Also
    If you notice TRUs feedback it is not great... People complaining about orders being cancelled and boxes beat up (which really is on par with TRU in general at times) or getting the wrong items (although that may have been due to the 10213 being listed when they actually only had the newer 10231)
    So you may get a EOL item but until it lists as shipped I would not consider it gotten, same with BOGO stuff.
    I put in an order for two FBs and have yet to see the Shipping notice for it..
    Will I get them? Who knows...
  • DaSmokeEaterDaSmokeEater Member Posts: 34
    Kind of a TRU rant, but not their fault for sure this time. I picked up a Kre-O G.I. Joe set today, when I opened the box it was a ziploc bag with lego parts put in (a Hobbit, some pink and orange blocks, not even a good try to match). I returned it but I felt like the heel for returning something obviously switched out. I definitely got the impression the clerk was considering whether or not I was the switcher, which was a super odd thing to feel at my age and in my profession. It left a bad taste in my mouth (I wanted to exchange, but they didn't have a second set). To be fair, It was a good reseal. There was nothing remotely unusual about the box when I checked out. Has anyone else been the victim of something like this with legos?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited March 2013

Has anyone else been the victim of something like this with legos?

If you're talking about boxes with swapped out contents, while not extremely common, it certainly has happened before. This is the main thread on the subject: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/2873/tampered-boxes
  • DaSmokeEaterDaSmokeEater Member Posts: 34
    Thanks for the link!