Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] 30108 Friends Summer Picnic at Target

g3mang3man Member Posts: 15
edited February 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
While looking for last minute Valentines' Day cards at Target, found that the bin location for 30106 (Ice Cream Stand) was filled with 30108 (Summer Picnic). Price rang up as $3.99

Oddly enough, this Target never got inventory of 30251, but it has this Friends set now.

Unfortunately, there were no Valentines' Day cards left. 8-(

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Looked and couldn't find this at my Target, hopefully it's coming. I have seen Winzar's Pack Patrol (Chima) 30251.
  • g3mang3man Member Posts: 15
    This particular Target had bin space for 30106 and 30251, but then the slot for 30251 was removed... and then somehow 30108 was thrown in.

Other Targets in my area had both 30106 & 30251 available. I honestly don't know how Target stores decide on inventory.
  • SarahIsabellaSarahIsabella USAMember Posts: 69
    The Target near me has 30106 & 30251 in the Valentine's Day section. The ice cream stand is almost sold out but the Chima one is overflowing.
    I found the picnic (30108) hanging on pegs at the checkout stands. The price listed at the peg was $4.29, but it rang up at #3.99.
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 288
    30108 is ment to be the ester set but both 30108 and 30106 have the same target dpci #
    Found Summer Picnic at Target today, rang up as ice cream stand- only $1.99. I think due to 50% off of Valentine stuff. I only found 5 and they were mixed in with the Friends poly display (cat, turtle sets)
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 700
    Same here (Iowa). I stopped in 2 Targets and one had 25 30251 Chima polys left for $1.99 and no Friends and the other had no Chima and 20 Friends 30106 and 35 Friends 30108 at $1.99each. I was told this morning that there was some sort of system glich or something so Valentines stuff wasn't ringing up at 50% off...it had to be done at the register. Usually there's signs everywhere at Target saying it's 30-50% off...but there were none, so no one was even looking at the Valentines goodies.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,317
    I bought 24 of the picnic ones for $1.19 each!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    starfire2 said:

I bought 24 of the picnic ones for $1.19 each!

I didn't buy quite that many, but I also found them on clearance in the V-Day section at $1.19 today. I didn't see any other polys though.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,317
    They had 13 on the shelf in seasonal and they found another 11 in the back.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ My target was the same. Bought a few more than I would have originally.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Scored all the remaining 30106 and 30251 from Target yesterday - there were 42 30251 in the back of the store. 70% of all ($1.19 each). The girl at the checkout counter said "You saved $157 today. !! You saved $157???"
  • SarahIsabellaSarahIsabella USAMember Posts: 69
    I was at Target today and add Valentine's Day merchandise is now 90% off. Of course there weren't any Lego polybags left among the clearance.

Much to my great surprise however there were still #30108 (summer picnic) and #30251 (Winzar's Pack Patrol) at the checkout lanes. I grabbed one to see if it had been priced back up to regular price and happily it hadn't! $0.39 each!!! I picked up a bunch of them, but still left a few for some other lucky person to find :-)
    Zon
    WHOA... score!
  • Little3piggiesLittle3piggies Member Posts: 40
    I'm so jealous... I found a few Picnics today but they rang up as full price!
  • SpicySpicy Member Posts: 25
    I kind of regret not getting at least one when I was there on the weekend (they were mixed in the leftover Valentine stuff). Probably gone by now. x_x
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 953
    I scored 45 of #30108 (summer picnic) for .39 each. A couple of stores had them still listed at 3.99.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    ^That calls for a Woodstock MOC. Anybody got 45 Hippies?
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Wow....thats one big sandwich!!!!
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Noticed that Target has the same poly #s listed in their Easter section. Makes no sense that they cleared them out after Valentines, but my wallet happily thanks them for it.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^ Were they on clearance at that Target? I know one of my local-ish Targets still had a large stock (in the Easter section) and appearently never put them on clearance. Very annoying since they should have been 90% off.
  • snowtygersnowtyger Member Posts: 47
    depends on the store; i went to Target today, and they were already out of the system (ie they say the item is not found). I took it to the register, where they happily tried to price it at 100% (instead of marked down at 75% or 90%). I was able to get a few 30108 yesterday though