Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10250-1: Year Of The Snake

LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
Does anybody know anything about this set? Read a little on Eurobricks this morning http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77234 but nothing really that isn't obvious already in that the new newcomer appears to be similar to #6914 but with a fourth model to build - the snake.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=10250-1

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,945
    No information at all other than whung found the image at the server that supports the survey that you're encouraged to complete at the back of instruction books.
  • tcleongtcleong Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2013
    I happened to have the #6914 which I bought for my daughter to build. From T-Rex to Snake.

Poochy
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,945
    Nice one :-)
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,944
    So the difference between that set and the original is just the 'door' construction? I guess that printed disc piece could make it quite valuable/collectable.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,929
    Here's hoping they do a set like this every year. The 2013 part could be quite collectable.
    plasmodiumUKtsumi
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    random bit of information; the Australian mint produce gold coins each year to follow the Chinese New Year and they are very popular and collectible. I know it's a tenuous link, but it would be a great idea for lego to do this with a new set each year and maybe push the Chinese market a bit with it?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834
    edited January 2013
    ^ That would be a good idea. I'd be buying one each year if they did. Can't understand why it might be a Chinese exclusive like Huw thought. It's a 10***, it's not allowed.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    ^ I thought you wanted a batcave off me James. lol

Take it off!!
  • HemelHemel Member Posts: 36
    @Legoboy, I think that Huw thinks its a China exclusive set is because the instructions from the Lego website are in Chinese (pages 67 & 68)

http://cache.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6047041.pdf

For a set that would be released worldwide, or at least in multiple countries, I do not think there would be any write up. The text basically talks about Lego history and the iconic 2x4 brick.

But then again, I could be totally wrong.

PS, the text is written in Simplified Chinese, so that would indicate a release in Mainland China, rather than Taiwan or Hong Kong.
  • alzambaalzamba Member Posts: 26
    @plasmodium - yes, if I compared the inventory for the two sets correctly, the T-rex set is all you'd need for the snake itself (and i think you'd be left with 3 61678 unused...)
  • ChanMcLChanMcL Member Posts: 1,224

So the difference between that set and the original is just the 'door' construction? I guess that printed disc piece could make it quite valuable/collectable.

The disc from the door is about £1.50ish from LEGO, if you type in the set number into LEGO SERVICE etc etc.

• mobilelinkagemobilelinkage Member Posts: 49
    I remember I was at a Lego Store and saw a dragon set (it doesn't have Chinese wording on it like this year of snake set). Does anyone know the set number of it?
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited January 2013
  • mobilelinkagemobilelinkage Member Posts: 49
    @cheshirecat: yes this is the one... not a dragon LOL - sorry
  • Standard_GrinStandard_Grin Member Posts: 24
    I just might be able to get hold of one of these... Fingers crossed!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    I am going to get 2 of these for my collection, as long as my relatives can find them in stores. Fingers crossed!
    Sweet! This set comes with one of those neat storage containers:

ChanMcLAdeelZubair
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,070
    ^you got 15 of them?!
    Naw, I wish! Forgot to include source. Sorry. Taken from TaoBao (Chinese eBay).
    To be honest, I wont really say TaoBao is a chinese version of eBay, it doesn't have bidding on it where eBay has.

More like Amazon ;)
    I just took whatever @Huw said on the frontpage. ;)
  • morezonemorezone Member Posts: 207
    Mine just turned up from Ebay. Wish I could navigate TaoBao.
  • dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    ^ that is some nice packaging for shipping a set. The seller certainly made certain that it woud arrive in nice condition.
    edited February 2013
    Was able to secure one from a relative of mine. Cost over $50 CDN. I was going to get two, but $100 for 2 sets is way too much. Plus, the box is huge. Need to find someone willing to haul it back for me. ;-)

And according to my relative, LEGO will start releasing one exclusive animal a year. The year of the snake is the first one in the Chinese zodiac. 1 set down, 12 to go. That is 12 more years of collecting. :)
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ Should that not be 11 to go?
    LegobrandonCP
    ^ Clearly you have the ability to subtract better than me. ;)
    plasmodiumPoochy
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    do you think it will ever be available for us in the rest of the World?
    I really like it, and consider buying one...
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I can't see it being available elsewhere I'm afraid.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,834

do you think it will ever be available for us in the rest of the World?
    I really like it, and consider buying one...

Definitely not in the UK. :o(
    Apparently its limited to 10,000 sets?

I tried having a look on yahoo HK bidding. It seems to have a few sets there. Good that i can read Chinese ;)
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Anyone know the RRP of this set in China?
    ¥349 Chinese Yuan. So.... £34.90... Too expensive for the price per piece ratio...
  • g3mang3man Member Posts: 15
    Also available on Amazon China for ¥299.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Will they ship to the U.S.?
  • g3mang3man Member Posts: 15
    I doubt it; they show domestic shipping rates only, though list international rates for books/CDs/software/DVDs.
  • Standard_GrinStandard_Grin Member Posts: 24
    Yay, got it!!
    A Chinese colleague bought it (on TaoBao I think) for 270 CNY (approximately €33).
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited March 2013
    ^ Nice work!
    sidersdd said:

Will they ship to the U.S.?

Nope, I tried signing up for amazon.cn but it only lets you do so with a Chinese postal address.

Do you know which shop in Beijing or HK has it?
    Got a colleague going there next week, and I kindly asked him to bring me one back ;)
    Go to In's Point in hong kong. They will definitely have it there.
    thanks
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 422
    edited April 2013
    My friend from China bought me one too, No original box but in that nice little sorting box, very nice set in the end !

But limited bottle of Mao Tai was a better shocker for me ;D
  • HemelHemel Member Posts: 36
    FYI, I went to In's Point, CTMA, etc. etc. and no one had it.

This was the only set that I was really wanted to get this trip, but had to settle for about HK$2000 in minifigures! :-p
    Oh, but sounds like you had a good trip ;)

Will be going there in a few months time :)
    Any word yet whether there will be a Year of the Horse set?
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 163
    I'd be very surprised if there isn't - I've already asked my extended family to keep an eye out next year!
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    I have watched the price of the snake set off and on…always too pricey for me. I do wish they would do the animal of the year each year so those of us with Chinese family could reward them with a lovely LEGO gift and so we could build some of them ourselves.
    This year I gave my Chinese DIL's family and other Asian friends the flamingo monthly build from August, and they all love it. So do i!
    There is an enormous market for anything related to the symbol of the Chinese year with Asians living all over the world. Not sure why LEGO mostly ignores this market demand. Maybe LEGO will become more interested in Asian sets as sales increase there.
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 627
    CCC said:

Any word yet whether there will be a Year of the Horse set?

anyone heard anything yet?

• kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,199
    oh man, if there's a year of the horse set I'll be obligated to get it cause the horse is my zodiac sign :)
    I'm guessing there won't be given how close it is to Chinese New Year. That, or they have kept it very quiet.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    I am keeping my ears open because we will have a new family member in the year of the horse (2014) and we never managed to get a dragon for the rest of us dragons in the family. Maybe we will end of with at least one horse set. Come on, LEGO!
    Will someone please let me know when they do see this set for real and grab one for my family? Thanks in advance!