Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: [USA] July 24-30: TRU BOGO 50% All LEGO Construction Sets (except SW, HP, and Ninjago)

sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
edited August 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
The TRU ad for next week was in my local paper this morning. Yet another week of the TRU LEGO sale. It must be working well for them. This time it includes Alien Conquest and Kingdoms, which both had a few weeks off. We are all going to become spoiled (and in great debt) if this continues any longer.

Comments

• clowndiscuslegoclowndiscuslego Member Posts: 97
    so that means city is included and if the new cargo train shows up, also the new sponge bobs will be included
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Start working put which sets to pair! And don't forget, you may now be limited in buying multiples of high priced sets...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Please stop the madness... I can't keep up.
    My wife is going to leave me if this goes on much longer. :o)
    My wife has been on vacation this past week. She's going to kill me when she gets back. I need to find a way to keep her on vacation for another week.
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    All I can say is, "Good thing for my extra summer job!"

Does anyone have a link to next week's ad or a scan of it? I am curious whether the Medieval Market Village will be in the Kingdoms deal. It's technically listed as a Castle Theme and not Kingdoms, but I would really like to get one (or two).

@sonsofsceva Is the BOGO sale for Kingdoms and Alien Conquest ONLY?
    Ah nevermind, I re-read the header and that clarifies it for me.
    ^^ The website still has this week's ad. They usually put out the new ad on the web site on Saturdays.
    "All" sales are the best because they include everything direct as well as baseplates, roadplates, etc.
    ^ Yes, and the extra clearance items - like Space Police, Toy Story, Power Miners, etc.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    Wonder if this includes the Collectible Minifigures? If so, then the next question is whether my TRU is still out of stock!
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited July 2011
    ^Because this is an "All...except" sale, it should include the CMs as well as every construction set that has plastic building bumps marked LEGO on it (except for SW, HP, and Ninjago).
    Sometimes polybags are not included as "construction sets." They didn't ring up this week for some Star Wars gunships I found.
  • snowconesnowcone Member Posts: 16
    OMG! I have no more $ to catch up the deals!

Just curious - which theme(s) are you guys collecting? I just started with the City theme. :) Alien looks interesting but no $ to start yet...

Do you collect >2 themes the same time? If items go on sales, do you buy all (or almost every sets in the theme) at one time? I guess I'm asking the best strategy to collect 1-3 themes without emptying my wallet...
    ^ I tend to concentrate on the older items in my interest areas and try to catch them on sale or clearance with the money I have. The older stuff may discontinue at some point, but things like Alien Conquest, having just come out, have at least another 1/2 year of shelf life. Right now, unless it is a good BOGO or on clearance, I am not buying it.
  • kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    I'm tapping out of TRU deals till August or September. Best of luck to all of you still in the hunt :)
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 797
    Alien Conquest here I come!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,933
    edited July 2011
    3677 Cargo train in stock... ONLY 1 though :-(
    I hope they add more to their stocks by tomorrow night.
    May buy two of those CARS 2 spy plane sets though if they are BOGO...
    Hah.. so apparently TRU.com is limiting the Reg Cargo train to only 1 per order... which is completely stupid if you are wanting to BOGO two of them.. I think Ill need to hit a TRU B&M tomorrow morning...
    Closest pairing is GE or FB - and they are both currently out of stock.
    edited July 2011
    ^-- Thanks, FB showed in stock when I was looking, but I am guessing they did not have many left...
    Plus I really do not need anymore of the FB.. maybe an Imperial flagship...But the Idea I had was to get two Red Cargo trains and be 'done' for the large Lego sets for the year (hopefully)

I probably will lean toward getting those spy jet sets for Cars2 cause I like the Jets in it , and they do not cost an arm and a leg (Although I need to buy a CMF or something small to get the free shipping)
    Otherwise Ill just start hunting for the set at TRUs in the area tomorrow morning.. (I think people have said they are in stock in B&M stores..).
    ^ - Yes, I've seen the trains in stock at the B&M stores.
    ^-- Thanks.. I really am hoping to get two of them.. Hopefully that 20% coupon I never got did not cause stocks to run low today
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 242
    10193 MMV is currently available, but like 3677, only 1 per order.
    I also posted this in the regular new article:
    But FYI,

In the B&M Store it is BOGO 40%
    I just came back from two TRU's. To be honest I never really paid close attention to the tags in the first store as I was looking for the 3677 train in stock. They did not have them, so I walked out of that TRU without really paying attention.
    In the Second TRU store I went into I found two 3677 Cargo trains left and got em, but went I paid the amount seemed a bit high.. I checked the receipt after the purchase and saw that under the Item on the receipt it stated Buy one get one 40% off..
    I thought it was a joke or only something for the cargo trains (since they limited them online) so I went and dropped the trains off in my vehicle and went back in to find out, sure enough, the signs posted say BOGO 40%...lol

I mean I am trying not to complain because I am still getting them on some sort of sale, but TRU is getting a bit ridiculous.... I mean You can only get one online (and they are no sold out, so not sure if they sold out one at a time or sold out because they expanded the limit to 2) and then they 'punish' you going to the store to BOGO40% instead of 50%
    I guess I will hold onto the receipt. If I can somehow get them this week online for a BOGO50% Ill return these
    Thanks for the confirmation. Target started this shenanigans but it looks like TRU has joined the party.
    My TRU was BOGO50%. Got my two red cargo trains.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Check your Sunday paper for the TRU advert... it clearly states 50% where I'm at. I'd go back and demand a refund of sorts.
    edited July 2011
    ^--- Thanks, but all the signage in the store was Buy one get one 40% off.. (I'm in Illinois if that helps explain). I seriously doubt the TRU is going to honor what appears to be either region, or store, preference. Especially hearing what 'fun' it is to get TRU to do anything in a customer's favor...
    I mean again I got it for a good price (20% still better than nothing), and if I happen to catch them available at a store in my area for buy one get one 50%off Ill buy two at that price and return the others...

Yes, the discount may vary by region. You can double check it online at the TRU website when you enter your zip code for the local flyer.
    ^--- Thanks, yep It is BOGO40% for the Chicagoland area (at least)
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    my TRU had bogo50% in store. and they had both of the cargo trains...too bad i dont have the cash for that purchase. so instead i picked up the hillside house and city of atlantis sets.
    GE and Red Cargo Train both in stock. Close pairing.
  • TimWTimW Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    I also noticed last week, while shopping for SW, the signs at my TRU store, DE, now say a limit of 1 BOGO offer per customer. It did not say that the week before.
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    All of the TRUs in my area had the buy one get one 50% off. I was able to secure both Cargo Trains. I will have some happy children come Christmas time.
    edited July 2011
    I got the 3677's at a TRU by me, unfortunately only 40% off... but heck, it is better than nothing...
    Took a little doing but I was finally able to get the Passenger Train and Cargo Train.
    I took a chance and drove to a TRU 15 minutes from my workplace during lunch. I found the Passenger train easy as there were 4 on the shelf. With the help of a LEGO rep that was there, I found a Cargo train hidden behind some other boxes. HURRAY!

Now here's where it got tricky. Shelf prices were $197.99 and $153.99. Online prices are $179.99 and $139.99. I was able to have them honor the online prices at the customer service counter, BUT the associate could not get the BOGO to work... call over the manager and viola! Done! Passenger train was now $69.99! To top it off, I had a $200 gift card, so my actual out of pocket expense came to only $71.85! I'm happy I finally got some LEGO trains. Wanna see my happy dance? LOL
  • AScaryOctopusAScaryOctopus Member Posts: 57
    Why are the good sales always happening when I'm broke?
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    edited July 2011
    ^ Are you always broke? ;)
    TRU has had some variation of BOGO50 for seemingly all of the summer.
    ^ Until now. No new TRU BOGO next week. At least, not in the ad. Between that and the deals drying up at the other retail stores, I am going to go through withdrawal. But what a summer to come out of my 'dark age'.
    edited July 2011
    ^ indeed. I just started buying/collecting this summer as well and I purchased clearance items at K-mart and Target, several BOGO items at TRU, and even shipments from Amazon and Lego.com. I have never spent so much money on a "luxury" item for myself in such a short amount of time. Thankfully I have plenty of money in savings, got nearly all of the Lego on clearance, and can use the bricks with my son.

But wow. So much Lego. It's probably for the best that the deals are drying up.
  • AScaryOctopusAScaryOctopus Member Posts: 57
    ^ Are you always broke? ;)
    After taking a week long vacation I am.
    ^^^ No advertised sale usually paves the way for a mid-week 2 Day Sale...
    edited July 2011
    Didn't know that Yellowcastle. Thanks for the heads up. Let's see if this comes to fruition.

For those of you in LUGs near a LEGO Store, ask about starting a LUG showcase in that store. This is an official LEGO initiative. When you drop off a MOC for the display every six weeks you get 30% off up to 5 unique items and a fre PaB cup. You create your own sale at 30% off which is better than the 25% off that BOGO is and you can buy from which ever theme you like. If anyone has any questions contact me via Brickset or flickr (notenoughbricks).
    ^ we've been doing the display at our Lego store for the past few months, but nobody has said anything about a discount. Is this discount new? I suggest a new thread for this.
    ^ That's terrible. I don't remember when the new initiative started but its definitely been going on for a while. And 30% Off of any five unique sets is pretty nice.
    ^^thread started about LUG Showcase Program.