Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Valentines Day Minifigure in USA

Comments

• GrogallGrogall Munich, GermanyMember Posts: 159
    Well, I received mine today purchased 100% at a Lego Brand Store! (Germany)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    I was also quite pleased with the early access to palace cinema; although I believe I will wait until the free stars wars poly is included and double vip points. I can hold off the month I need to in order to take advantage of these great offerings.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Glad mine arrived yesterday. It made up a bit for a mix-up in a non-Lego purchase that arrived as well. I ordered a brand-new vintage Star Trek costume for far less than half the going rate and received a new one worth about half of what I paid while my purchase was shipped to the wrong person. That's the second such mistake made in the last three months (different sellers though).
  • chrisdojochrisdojo Member Posts: 169
    No love for me (yet). I only made a couple online purchases last year. In store is a different story (I got a pre-Black Friday invite). Hopefully I get one in the next couple of days.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ You should be OK, as I made no purchase online last year, only at the store.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Not looking for totals, but has everyone in the US who has received one spent over $500? Anyone gotten one and spent under $500 both instore and online?
  • jpczjpcz Member Posts: 95
    ^If I look at my points history, i see i got approx. 506 points, so i guess that would translate to roughly $506 paid. BUT i did use three 20 dollar coupons so i really only PAID roughly $446 in store and online (those coupons are listed as VIP redemptions, maybe thats why). I got my valentines figure yesterday.

For what its worth...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,287
    For what its worth, I surpassed both 'milestones' at the store and online and nothing so far
    I've spent almost $2000 from Shop-At-Home as well as a couple hundred at the Lego stores themselves in the last six months and I did receive the figure.

A friend of mine who's spent about $260 at the store and another $160 from Shop-At-Home (total therefore of roughly $420) didn't receive anything.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,145
    In a couple days time this flurry will pass and everyone will have the keychain!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.
  • BrewBrew New Mexico (It's an actual state in the US)Member Posts: 182
    Got mine yesterday. Lucked out cause the bag was torn right where the keychain could've fallen out easily, but it didn't. Red chrome looks pretty cool, but the normal red hands make it look like it's wearing gloves.
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    Hmm, nothing for me and I have spent well over $500 in the past year.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    OMG!!! I got one ! I totally got one! Ahhhh! So excited!!! :)
  • thebricksterthebrickster Member Posts: 63
    i got mine! durning a blizzard! in southeastern CT!
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Mine just arrived. I'm stoked! Now, my dilemma is whether to take it out of the bubble wrap bag...! :)
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
    No Valentine for me while everyone else has one...it's second grade all over again! :'-(

Just kidding of course! ;-)
    Still not one for I.. I guess there is always tomorrow
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,049

For what its worth, I surpassed both 'milestones' at the store and online and nothing so far

Same here.

I'm hoping to get one much like I did with getting an invite to the Lego "Exclusive Access" VIP event. I'd rather have the minifigure.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Nothing for me yet either. I am, *cough*, most assuredly over the limit. Maybe they're slowly rolling west from CT...
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    Wow - I was so not expecting one of these, but after the week I've had it is very much appreciated. Thank you, LEGO!
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    Have any of these been spotted in Canada yet?
    LegobrandonCP
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 996
    I have not received one yet, though I suspect I am over the "threshold" that many of you have mentioned. If anyone would trade me one, I would gladly appreciate it! My birthday is Feb 14th, which would make this a pretty cool collectible for me!
  • wesman888wesman888 Member Posts: 6
    I got mine today... Thank you Lego...
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    Bandit said:

Maybe they're slowly rolling west from CT...

Just got mine today. I'm located in Oregon. Hope you'll get this neat little gift.

ogelogel
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    I was beginning to think I was going to miss out on this, but lo and behold, I got one in the mail! I'm mildly happy.
  • bamaker1bamaker1 North TexasMember Posts: 30
    Got mine today. Total surprise, as I don't think I've spent $500 at the LEGO store (and I don't shop online).
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    edited February 2013
    I just checked and definitely passed $500 spent in the year, 90% of it spent in store. And still nothing for me. I'm going to stop checking this thread because its depressing haha.

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    How do we know it's not random? i don't know how much I spent since last year but doubt it was over $500.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    You guys get mail on Saturdays? :O
    Legogeek said:

I was beginning to think I was going to miss out on this, but lo and behold, I got one in the mail! I'm mildly happy.

Lol. "Mildly happy". It's a nice gesture true, but I'm not sure what to do with a chrome red minifigure, myself.

We do for now. Check back in August. ;-)
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    Crownie said:

... but I'm not sure what to do with a chrome red minifigure, myself.

Send it to me? ;-)
    Joseph said:

Crownie said:

... but I'm not sure what to do with a chrome red minifigure, myself.

Send it to me? ;-)
    I so opened myself up for that, lol.
    Legoboy
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    I am pretty sure I am over the threshold, but nothing so far. I'll keep checking, hopefully we get it.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Penkid11 said:

Bandit said:

Maybe they're slowly rolling west from CT...

Just got mine today. I'm located in Oregon. Hope you'll get this neat little gift.

Finally got mine today. Woot!
  • ZacheranoZacherano Member Posts: 59
    I believe I did spend over $500 on Lego last year directly from the Lego Shop website, but I have received no keychain. Are they still sending these out?
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    A friend who collects got theirs yesterday!
  • cardgeniuscardgenius Member Posts: 153
    Just got mine! Woohoo!!

Didn't think I'd get once since nothing came the last couple days. Thanks Lego!!
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444

Sure do :)

Our government needs to add to the enormous debt.

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Pitfall69 said:

Sure do :)

Our government needs to add to the enormous debt.

Lucky! I always wished Canada Post delivered on Saturdays, but at the same time I'd like the employees to get some rest. lol
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    Has anyone who received a brick friday VIP invite NOT gotten the valentines minifig? Surely if you tick enough boxes for the former you should get the latter?? At least I am hoping but nothing so far!
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432

Has anyone who received a brick friday VIP invite NOT gotten the valentines minifig? Surely if you tick enough boxes for the former you should get the latter?? At least I am hoping but nothing so far!

I'm in that boat. I know I meet the thresholds - if it's based on frequency and quantity. I've received the brick Friday invites each year. But no keychain for me.

The Black Friday VIP invites are dependent upon where you live. I spend far more on Lego than people I know who have gotten such invites (I have not) and who happen to live close to the stores (which I do not). There's no reason to assume the conditions for each of these things are related in any way.

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Anyone not feeling the love from Lego, please consider entering my charity sweepstake for one. I'll happily post internationally.
    thanks!
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/9300/vip-keychain-charity-sweepstake#latest
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290

I'm also in the same boat so far. I was #1 on the Brick Friday VIP list for my store last year. I'm hoping that my mail is just a bit slower, although two LUGmates have already received theirs.

In case people missed it from the main Brickset article, the response from a member of the LEGO community team concerning the selection criteria was "the most active and engaged VIP members based on a list of criteria including purchase frequency". The same person that offered this said he himself was not privy to any more details, so I doubt the truth behind some of the information that's been reported, such as the $500 spending limit.

I think it would behoove LBR to be transparent about the criteria so that those not receiving these types of promotions could understand why, and I'm going to recommend it via the Ambassador program. I hope TLG's takeaway is not that these offerings generate as much ill will as they do good will. Of course, there will still be some people that feel slighted, but on the whole we won't be left scratching our heads and feeling that the process is so arbitrary.
    maniacyys4u
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 852
    ^Fully agree with the above. I didn't get a Black Friday invite and haven't received a minifig yet. I also stopped receiving catalogues as of January, even as an active spender.

It would help a lot to see what the exact criteria is to receive the minifigure in this offering and in any future offering that TLG may have. Would avoid any more confusion.
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    ^^ transparency would be nice. And I hope you get one ;-)
    rocao said:

In case people missed it from the main Brickset article, the response from a member of the LEGO community team concerning the selection criteria was "the most active and engaged VIP members based on a list of criteria including purchase frequency". The same person that offered this said he himself was not privy to any more details, so I doubt the truth behind some of the information that's been reported, such as the $500 spending limit.

They're definitely using purchasing as a method. Mine arrived with the name variation of my credit card, not that which my VIP account uses.
    Interesting, but still I have had stretches where I have gone to LEGO store every other week.. oh well.
    I am still holding out hope, but if I do not get a fig I do not get a fig.
    To be honest Id rather keep getting invited to the bre BF event for LEGO stores.
    Not getting a figure is not going to reduce my buying from LEGO or LEGO stores so it is not really worth it to complain.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,835

Not getting a figure is not going to reduce my buying from LEGO or LEGO stores

I wonder if there lies your answer. :-)

I am certain there's an element of randomness about whom they were sent out to. I have said this elsewhere......there is definitely minimum spend required (in the UK it is £250 over the past 12 months), definitely frequency (at least 5 transactions during the same period) and 9,000 keychains to go around the EU. I have spent sooooooo much money over the past 12 months and yet to receive one either. Half of my friends have them, the half don't. I couldn't tell my mates spending habits apart. There is no logic behind why some of my mates have them whilst others don't.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Yea I'd like some transparency too, I'm a little disheartened because I never get Brick Friday invites, but always figured it was because I wasn't a huge spender, but I do spend FREQUENTLY. I get all antsy if I haven't been to the Lego store in a couple weeks, and every time I go I will at least spend 20 bucks.