Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Hi, new member from Wales, UK

Hey there!

Just a quick hello to introduce myself on here.

My wife and I recently got back involved with Lego due to the introduction of the Lord of the Rings sets and will shortly be purchasing the Hobbit sets soon no doubt!

Thanks,

Dan.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,358
    Welcome to Brickset and the forum, Dan!

Shortly The Hobbit, then Castle, then more LotR, and more Hobbit... it's a slippery slope. I hope you wallet's ready for it!
  • BognorladBognorlad Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Huw,

I think I'm going to have set up a separate savings account at this rate! I have got a couple of sets for sale/trade though so hopefully that will help me through!
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    Welcome @Bognorlad, are you North or South Wales?
    I posted something on your stadium request.
    It is indeed a slippery slope.

Steve
    Hi,

South Wales, not far from Cardiff.

Thanks for the reply regarding the stadium, if only I had the space to even attempt something like that, it's fantastic!

Dan.
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    Hi Dan,
    Welcome, and you're not the only AFOL in the village.

I can only echo @Huw's comments and sympathise! However, as there are only a few of us in South Wales, it does make getting the bargains a bit easier.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Yes, it does seem to be a bit easier picking up bargain priced sets although to be honest I seem to rarely find them, where do you usually look?

Thanks,

Dan.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I used to be down that way too - Pontyclun/Miskin

Talbot green tesco is a good place to look, or at least was.
  • coachiecoachie South WalesMember Posts: 476
    Starting with the hot tips from the UK shopping group, I usually check out the bigger supermarkets (Adsa + Tesco), Smyths and TRU in the Bay and Argos.

I used to go to the Cardiff boot sales (Splott and Bessemer Road), but haven't done those for almost 10 years. In fact it was boot sales that got me back into Lego about 15 years ago.
    I'll be sure to keep an eye out in those places, or try to at least, I find it difficult to get to the large stores from where I live with my work commitments.

Still, looks like you had a couple of good finds today!