Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target Dpci for #30106 Ice Cream Stand

JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
edited January 2013 in Shopping USA/Canada
I've been trying to track down #30106 for a little while and was wondering if anyone knows (or can find out) what the Dpci code is. I know the online stock-checker doesn't work any more; but I can still use it to check in store.
Thanks in advance,

Comments

• krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    I do not know the stock number, but I saw this set in the holiday aisles (easter) yesterday (Jan 14th, 2013). There was unfilled space next to it for a Chima polybag too. If I get to Target today, I'll write down the Dpci code and get back to you.
  • davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 203
    Ice cream stand #30106 DCPI is 086 02 1643 and the Chima #30251 DCPI is 204 00 0725.
    Joseph
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2013
    ^ Thanks; now I shouldn't have to waste time looking in stores that don't have it!
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,265
    One of my stores had the Friends one but no Chima yet. Had the tag for it though. The other target didn't have the Valentines stuff out yet at all.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    ^ I haven't seen a Valentine's section at all, they've all got other stuff in that spot. After last year when some of them didn't get the Friends poly onto the shelf until the day before Valentine's it's great to have the number to make them go look for it.

Thanks @davetheoxygenman !
  • TheMurmurTheMurmur Member Posts: 90
    Same situation at my target,
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Not in the mood to go to Target right now, but I guarantee if I even find those tags they'll say "$5.24" here in NYC =-( ....plus almost 9% tax! Thanks for the DCPI's though, i'll have to pass by and get both
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,187
    anyone have the link to the target dcpi checker? Thanks
    edited January 2013
    ^ I've got the link; but it doesn't work anymore. Your best bet is probably to call the nearby stores and have them check stock using the Dpci number.
    Ok thanks @Joseph!
  • wehrlibirdwehrlibird Member Posts: 12
    Found this set in the Valentine's Day aisle today.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    Is the valentines area where they typically have their seasonal items (e.g. "Back 2 School")?
  • wehrlibirdwehrlibird Member Posts: 12
    Penkid11 said:

Is the valentines area where they typically have their seasonal items (e.g. "Back 2 School")?

Yes. Found it with the other little Vday "toys." Did not see the Chima polybag.

^ Yes, in that area. In the stores near me it's the same aisles as the Christmas candy and toys.

They set up the Valentines aisles today, one Target hadn't got that far, the other had one ice cream stand and no Chima. Really? Did some one buy all of them today? Or did they decide to just put out one polybag at a time?
    ^ As far as I know, none of the Targets have received the Cima polybags yet.
    ^ Thanks, didn't have time to ask at customer service using the DPCI. Still wondering about the other 49 ice cream stands though :).
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,265
    I asked my target about the Chima one today and the guy looked it up and said they should be getting it in on the 22nd.
    I was totally wrong, don't trust my fortune telling ladies & gents! Found shelf tags for both saying $3.99, they only had the Friends one and the person I asked was less than useful in checking about the chima one. She literally pointed at the empty shelf and said "see we don't have them" \o/
    @murphquake, I don't think anyone will lose faith in your prediction that New York prices would be higher than the rest of the world ;) Maybe this is a form of Sandy relief for the NY area? Then again, you were checking out Target, and not TRU price increases :(
    murphquake
    ^ The seasonal polybags are a different price, our checkout polybags (when they have them and they aren't the HP lab) are $4.29. Maybe the seasonal stuff is standard across the country and they just pick on New York with regular items.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,916
    I struggle with the Target polys. Do I buy a bunch at THEIR price? Or wait hoping some are leftover after the season for $1-2. Lately, they never seem to make it to clearance in my area.
    ^same here, they get gobbled up after a couple days of release so no waiting for clearance for me.
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    edited January 2013
    ^same here. Ghosts flew off the shelves. friends, bat mobile, and even city were picked pretty clean. And Target seems to be considering these "normal" stock and excluding them from the post-holiday clearance.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,912
    Why clearance them out when they seem to sell? I don't blame Target, but it is a disappointment to be sure. I bought 5 of the ghosts at RRP cause I knew they wouldn't be around after Halloween for clearance anyway.
    The ghost was proof that a great design and a quality minifigure can sell - especially one that isn't one-character specific, like the Harry Potter poly for Halloween a few years ago. Honestly, I felt they could have tripled the number of ghost polys and they would all have sold. The ghost was just wonderful!

In my area, I can still find the batmobile at my nearest Target. Normal stock indeed.
    @krklint i think the issue is that they're seasonal, not regular impulse/aisle cap polys... either way they're better at that price, now i just need the chima ones =-)
    @murphquake, many of the earlier seasonal polys were often displayed at the front of stores (where I found Ninjago and HP seasonal polys at Target and WM before the fall of 2012). Though they were seasonal, they were often displayed with other polys... and at greater quantities... outside of the seasonal aisles.

I'd be interested to get other people's thoughts on this, but it does seem that the seasonal polys this past year have shown up in limited quantities, compared to past years.

Having to find them in just the seasonal aisle might seem counter-intuitive, but being designed for the holiday and in limited quantities might play a role here... to be honest, the batmobile didn't move as fast as the ghost. Then again, maybe just the desirability of the included minifigure plays a role, too?

In the end, yes :) that price of under $4.00 is quite wonderful!
    @krklint no luck on 30251 again tonight, had Cust Svce check and nothing in the area, will call again tomorrow... that 0 show at all stores makes me think they didn't come in yet.... lots of 30106 and best news... $23.98 for #4440 in the clearance aisle... think i may build that in a few =-D
    ^ Found 30251 in Nashville today, so it's not a country wide problem. Hope you find it soon.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    ^-^^ Its absence is pretty widespread though. My local Target just set up their Valentines section. Both price tags were there. All to be seen were an overflowing pile of #30106 that spilled into where #30251 will eventually be. Crossing my fingers that the latter will be there later this week.
    ^ I think it was supposed to show up yesterday, I was in another target before 9 yesterday and they weren't out. There are still empty bins for other items today (don't know what, didn't look as it's not LEGO :) )
    I called my two local Targets today and one of them had just gotten 50 #30251 within the past day or two. Looks like there'll be some happy U.K.ers after all!
    At a third Target today (I don't have a local one but go to random ones depending which part of town I'm in) I found 30106 on an end cap near camping with no label and mixed in with City polybags. I went and checked the Valentine's aisle and the bin there was empty. So you may need to hunt for them if you can't find them right away. It's reminding me of last year when several stores didn't get the chocolate stand out till February 13th, I can't imagine why they aren't managing to sell these.
  • SpicySpicy Member Posts: 25
    I checked yesterday at mine for the Chima polybag, but still just the Ice Cream Stand, City Helicopter, and Police Buggy. I'm going to make another attempt on Friday, since that's the new stock day for most of the stores I visit.
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    I found some #30251 's @ my local Minnesota Target today, it's been a few days since I last got a chance to check but know they weren't around last Monday. It's got some interesting pieces, the primary model will not be kept together here, it was bought to part out. The 'fig is somewhat interesting, the head is double printed with faces, the Chi crystal is kinda interesting and what I find most intriguing part wise are the blades used for the back "ski's" http://www.brickset.com/search/?part=4651535 . Looking the part up it was first used in some of the Ninjago sets last year but since I didn't get very many of them I missed them. Being cheaper than the polybags near the registers was a bit of a bonus for this set :)
    So if you are looking for #30251 just keep trying, they're showing up.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    I found them in Phoenix AZ (27th Ave & W Beardsley).
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    The Target in Metairie , Louisiana had about 100 of them in the Valatine section...I only bought a couple....neat little pack. I can see the minifig being really popular.