Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Technic 9396: Rescue Helicopter 55.74% off! Amazon.uk

As usual, YMMV with how long these deals stay on the Amazon sites - Often I find myself draining my time and pocketbook browsing HUW's amazing European Amazon Shopper tool at http://www.brickset.com/buy/amazon/. I just dropped a few hundred there without really intending to buy anything today! I'm sure many can relate... Some days I think it's an addiction, others I think im a bit crazy. Half of my purchases are for my son/me, and the other half are for investing, so maybe the latter part of that is how I rationalize it! Anyway, I'm not really a Technic collector, but I saw YELLOW on HUWs page, and said, hmm that looks ok... Combined with the .uk site's insanely low shipping charges (I bought 4 things, and paid $4.31 CAD for each item! I couldn't even ship something down the street that cheaply here in Toronto!) Long story short, I grabbed the really cool looking 9396 Rescue Helicopter (EOL'ed just last week) for 55.74% off, after factoring in shipping, and what I would have paid RRP + tax here in Ontario. Funny thing is thats not even the cheapest they have gone for! They went for like $20 less at some point! Go get them while they last at http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZS4SHC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bargainwatch-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B006ZS4SHC.

Comments

• LURKERnumber2149LURKERnumber2149 Member Posts: 15
    Great deal, it is NOT eol as you state though...limit 5 per customer
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Right, not EOL. This just came out 6 months ago. It'll be around through 2014...
    edited January 2013
    looks like your post sold 10 of them though, who knows, you guys buy enough lego might keep it around through 2015!
  • Jasper_ParnebrickJasper_Parnebrick Member Posts: 35
    Bandit said:

Right, not EOL. This just came out 6 months ago. It'll be around through 2014...

It says right on the Brickset page:

Availability at LEGO.com
    United States 23 Jul 12 - 14 Jan 13
    $119.99
    United Kingdom 26 Jul 12 - now
    £69.99
    Canada 23 Jul 12 - 15 Jan 13
    $149.99

Doesn't that mean that it's not for sale anymore in the US and Canada?

• Jasper_ParnebrickJasper_Parnebrick Member Posts: 35

looks like your post sold 10 of them though, who knows, you guys buy enough lego might keep it around through 2015!

How can you tell how many of them sold from using the link?
    ^^ No, that does not mean it's EOL. That just means it's not currently in stock at lego.com.
    The set is currently unavailable at lego.com , but it is currently being manufactured and will be available in 30 days.

As far as seeing how many sold due to your link, you can type the number 999 into your cart at amazon, it will correct to how many they have available. In the minutes after your link this went down by 10, on a slow seller like this that would mean to me that two people followed your link and purchased their maximum allowed of 5.
    Well, they've got some shelf warmers for a few years now... :)
    Well at prices like these you could spend around $400 bucks and recoup that + $125 right now....just pray you don't get hit with a return or two which could put you in the red....