Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target - Clearance

124»

Comments

• BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    gmpirate said:

@Bandit Was it a new price drop? or first time you checked that store?

First time. I don't think they had ever been progressively dropped either. Just one clearance sticker for $20.98 on each one -- not the typical sticker on sticker on sticker you see with price drops. It's like they just said 'screw it, we're dumping these at 75% from the get go' to be done with them (which I still can't believe!).
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    kim43235 said:

If anyone in the Raleigh-Durham area is looking for a Black Pearl #4184, I just returned 8 of them to the Target by the Southpoint Mall in Durham. I had bought them at RRP and they were putting them back on the shelf at $70.

You should have asked a forum before you returned them to target as there will be a lot of people who would buy them over 70 for sure including myself. Especially those who are in your area without paying shipping.

[Edit] Sorry I missed that you bought them at RRP. But still.. I think this will do really well even in a few months or so.
    I agree that it will likely do well and I would have liked to have held on to more of them, but I have way way too many sets that I'm holding for resale already and needed to clear the space.

• allmybricksallmybricks Member Posts: 156
    Hmmm might have to go to Southpoint tomorrow. :-)
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    Can anyone remember last year when Target had a massive clearance on their polybags by the register?
  • thehockeyboythehockeyboy Member Posts: 97
    ^ Never, except for the misplaced bags that were part of the holiday clearance.

I find it funny that a few of my targets still have a ton of the HP 30111 which were easily found at 70% (and 90% at some targets) during Christmas 2011, and when you try to ring them up they don't show a price!

Also, did anyone find the batmobile poly on sale with the Christmas stuff? I never had any luck of having it ringing up 50%/70% off...
    prevere said:

Can anyone remember last year when Target had a massive clearance on their polybags by the register?

I remember two polybag clearances that Target ran last year. Right after Halloween Target ran a clearance on the Ninjago polys and then had a big clearance on polys right after X-Mas. They were mostly 50% off with some stores having them at 70% off.

^ Never, except for the misplaced bags that were part of the holiday clearance.

I find it funny that a few of my targets still have a ton of the HP 30111 which were easily found at 70% (and 90% at some targets) during Christmas 2011, and when you try to ring them up they don't show a price!

Also, did anyone find the batmobile poly on sale with the Christmas stuff? I never had any luck of having it ringing up 50%/70% off...

I checked a few of the Batmobiles, but didn't have any luck...Target was a complete waste of time when it comes to clearance sales this year.

• ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    prevere said:

Yes, I remember picking up tons of the Ninjago Zane gliders and Republic Attack Cruisers... 90% off. They were 0.39 each. Not seen a poly on clearance since.
  • xeeeejxeeeej Member Posts: 71

Hmmm might have to go to Southpoint tomorrow. :-)

As noted above, I got the last one yesterday. Save your gas!
  • JCoolJCool Member Posts: 47
    Wish I had seen this before I made the drive over there. Southpoint was picked clean :(
    If you're still hunting for clearance Lego in Raleigh-Durham, check out the Walmart off of New Hope Church Road in Raleigh. I just returned a bunch of stuff that I bought on clearance. Many of the boxes were beat up, which I hadn't realized when I bought them, but there were some smaller PotC and the City space sets (3368, 3367, and 3366) included as well that I decided not to keep.
  • JCoolJCool Member Posts: 47
    ^ Thanks, I may head up that way tomorrow.
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 83
    Saw two grand emporiums at target today price around $105. It is a returned online order. Left both as both have been opened.
  • baronbaron Member Posts: 106
    my target has zero clearances and new 2013 sets out on shelf (SW, superheroes, chima)...
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Saw a Fire Brigade at a local TRU for $129.99. Great price BUT you can still get 'em on Amazon for cheaper.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    prevere said:

Don't have any idea of what you're talking about...
    LegoZombiesandystargoshe7krklintmomof2boys99ZacheranoLittle3piggies
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ lol

They also clearanced the Friends poly's after valentine's day
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    prevere said:

Same as the rest; Ninjago gliders, Republic Attack cruisers, Atlantis, and #4900 helicopter.

I recall getting some Toy Story jeep polybags after that. (Mostly since I couldn't believe they weren't clearanced at the same time as the above sets).
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    @Baron, my Target is empty of Lego. Clearance shelves cleared out at 30% sale, and the Lego aisle must have been super popular for Christmas, only the incoming Chima sets and some Duplo on it. I counted a total of 24 sets in the whole Lego aisle.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 734
    I'm in Iowa and both my local Targers are still at 30% off. Not much left....a hand full of Monster Fighters The Mummeys and a dozen Star Wars Advent Calendars for $34.XX. Funny this is...they've moved them from the Lego isle to a toy clearance isle and actually "repriced" them. All of the boxes have at least 2 red tagged stickers with the same price of $34.XX. Some have 3. And it's not like they're scattered all over the box...they're all within an inch of each other. Someone must have been working on a sticker high!
    My Target has a ton of the TIE Interceptor Planet series at 70% off ($3). Find of the day though was a 9444 Cole's Tread Assault for 50% off. Must have been a return or found in the back.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 351
    They had about 100 of the Naboo planet set at a Target I went to today for $2.98. I saw 1 or 2 of the other series 1 planet sets at the same price.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    I'm seeing mainly Naboo sets also. Did find 3 Tatooine today and a returned rattlecopter at 50%.

This target still had the Easter polybags at the checkout aisles. How is this better than putting them on clearance?
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    I had purchased the Naboo Starfighter for $35 when at the 15% off level, decided it wasn't worth it and took it back. Then I had to go back the next day for something else. Went past the clearance out of habit, and there it was, same one, $15 - it was worth it now :-)
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 502
    anyone seen the Star Wars Advent Calendars, at Target, reach the magical 70% level? I've seen them (starting on Tues the 15th/Wed the 16th at the 50% mark at two of the four stores near me (many of them in Miami), but they really aren't moving still at that price around here. Only clearance set still remaining at these four stores, in fact.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 734
    That's exactly what happened here in Iowa (2stores) also. Not sure if they'd go down in price again Tues or Wed of this week.
    I never even saw an Advent Calendar are clearance at either WM or Target here... (and I was looking!)

I did find a #7959 today (return or found in back) 70% off for $8.98. Box was a little rough, but still solid.

Love finds like that!