Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Looking for help finding Black Windscreen 6070

Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 152
edited January 2013 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding 2 of the blackwindscreen 6070. Brinklink shows 0 for sale for both new and used. But what I don't get is that they show almost 2000 sold for about $0.25 over the last 2 months. Any insight would be appreciated:)

Comments

• allendean2allendean2 Member Posts: 6
    I've been trying to get some for months. As soon as they are listed on BrickLink, they are gone. Someone must really want to corner the market on those......
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,842
    Someone asked the same question on bricklink too - was it you? If not, you have another competitor for them!
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 152
    Wasn't me. Looks like there are a few of us after them!
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    Wow - I had been buying a few in October / November, at £0.15 or so, and they were not plentiful but hardly rare either. Sorry, I don't have any spares though.

Last few days there have been three requests at bricklink forums for them ...

http://www.bricklink.com/messageList.asp?v=c&max=100&q=6070
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    I remember those being one of the pain to get parts when I sourced a tumbler last fall from #7888
    Hmm, I wonder if the new Tumbler has made people want the older one? Personally I prefer the original to the new one.

Well, if anyone can spare two please PM. I'm missing them to complete my 6211 star destroyer:)
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,013
    Anyone tried asking Lego on their lost parts service? I might have a few, I got the guts of a 6211 from my nephew who lost almost half the parts.
    yeah, it's shows as out of stock. I would love to take them off your hands if you happen to have them:)
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    Maybe I am seeing things but is there not 172 available right now on BL:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=1416&colorID=13

That's for the transparent black 6070 which is common on the #10129, usually hard to find though.
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2013
    ^ I think he's wanting the black (not trans-black) ones; but there are a few of those too (though they're used). http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=1416&colorID=11
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 153
    And look at the prices!
    edited January 2013
    ^ Some of those have been listed today. There were hardly any earlier. And what a price!
    If you really want black, and cannot get them, then RIT dye is the answer. Done properly, you cannot tell the difference.
  • allendean2allendean2 Member Posts: 6
    I was wondering if there was a way to do that - can you expand on "done properly"?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2013
    ^^^^ & ^^^ Hmm... There was a seller with 23 of them for a much better price when I posted. It might be worth while for people to put it on their wanted list (as I assume Bricklink will then inform you if more show up?).

I was wondering if there was a way to do that - can you expand on "done properly"?

I deleted the pictures a while ago, but the method is still here ...

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/104380/#Comment_104380

• monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,013
    I will have a look for mine.