Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Replacement Parts service Help

sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 508
edited July 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Hopefully posted in the correct category

I am trying to piece together my old sets, that I owned when I was a child from the 4 boxes of LEGO that are at my parents house.

I have three LEGO tractor Chassis part number 827, however non are complete.

I see various sellers on bricklink selling the various parts, but no bricklink seller selling the part I am missing from all 3 LEGO tractor Chassis, which is the Tractor Chassis Center Steering Link part number 872.

Would I be able to phone up LEGO and order this part or am I wasting my time.

Any help with this greatly recieved

Comments

• EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    Wow, I took a look on Bricklink, and nobody has it for sale...
    Your best bet is to probably buy another set with that piece in it.

You could try Lego, but I'm highly doubting that they'd still stock a piece from the 70's.

Sorry I couldn't help you out more.
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 508
    @Eric thanks for the reply, yes that was my point, I have been looking since christmas on bricklink and no one has this part for sale. Yes buying a set with the tractor chassis in is one option, but ideally want to build the set from the parts I have, much more rewarding. This is one of three parts missing from my 378 tractor set.

There are more experienced LEGO holics than me on here, I saw in a post on the new life jacket that you could order it from LEGO replacement parts, so thought I would ask the question on the part I have missing granted from a 70's Lego set.

My question should have perhaps been "Can you order any part from the LEGO replacement parts service or is it just current production parts"
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    I tried getting some 1x8 Dark Blue Arches... failed. See this other thread
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/1157/valuable-modern-non-minifig-lego-bricks
  • ZeyaZeya Member Posts: 36
    My question should have perhaps been "Can you order any part from the LEGO replacement parts service or is it just current production parts"
    You can only get replacements for current production parts.
  • cloud0cloud0 SingaporeMember Posts: 101
    Just riding on this thread.

How does 1 order a spare sticker sheet from Lego?
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    ^ Just get on the website and order them up. Depending on how old the set they might not have them.

http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/replacementparts/default.aspx
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    edited July 2011
    I feel for your @Rich69 - not being able to complete a set is frustrating. I suspect with this particular piece many have been thrown away as it doesn't look like a piece of lego if you're not familiar with it. If I were sorting a bulk set (which normally has other bits of toys, and MBs in) I might have thrown it away with the rubbish.
    However, I'll keep my eye out for one now and let you know if I find one.
    In the meantime, it looks like buying a new chassis (complete assembly) is the only way forward)
    @ Zeya, thanks for the clarification, it is what I expected.

@Savage_Steel, yes I think that is the case it didn't look like a piece of Lego so may have been thrown away. Thanks for the offer when sorting a bulk lot, much appreciated.

There is only one complete chassis on bricklink or there was when I looked a week ago and they want £12 for it.

Is there any site where you can get CAD models of the parts, again I suspect not.

I have found a company that can make any part from a number of plastics, they do however need the CAD model. I have not looked at the price of this and yes it is more than likely to be more expensive than just buying a complete chassis, but the engineer in me wants to get this sorted and possibly investigate this route.
  • SiESiE Member Posts: 238
    Lego relacement services is worth a shot. You may get some parts. I recently got a load of missing bits (around 10 in total) of a jabbas sail barge and they managed to source all pieces.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    Have you tried searcing for the sets this part is in on eBay? The "problem" with Bricklink is that both buyers and sellers are very knowledeable on each part, how rare they are etc. However on eBay you can often find bargains from people who don't know (or don't care) what they have. They just want to get rid of it for a reasonable price.

I had really good luck searching for rare sets and parts on eBay that was selling for impossible prices on Bricklink. Requires a bit of patience and searching, but you can set up searches so eBay will automatically notify you if something is available under your search term.

And going back to Bricklink, I encourage you to ask on the Bricklink Forum, explaining exactly what you said here; you are trying to resurrect a childhood set. There are many very kind people on Bricklink, and if they have the part you need, they will help you get it. Especially since you are only talking about one part, not some rare set.

If an item is no longer in production by LEGO, they can't help you get it. In fact, they will direct you to Bricklink!...(c;

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,621
    Try doing item specific searches. In your case try searching Ebay under " Lego steering " and see what it comes up with. Many sellers don't know that they have an old part and just gather up a lot of similar parts and sell them that way. Obscure searches can lead to rare finds like the one I found last week. I was searching under " Lego electric " and found a complete working 12v signal set ( 7860 ) and got it for $8.50. I saw the same thing listed under " Lego train " sell in the U.K. for $110.00. So I saved quite a bit of money on that one.
    @akunthita and @oldtodd33 thanks for the suggestion, I shall look in on that. Not in a hurry just wanted to get the old set complete to admire as this I think was my first LEGO set. We have lots of LEGO but never kept any insturctions or boxes, so I spent all of christmas searching on peeron to find what parts went in to what sets, I tracked down 3 sets that my mum confirmed my brother and I had. She then confimred the 378 tractor set was bought for me on my 8th Birthday.

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    Restoring old sets is always such a pleasure! It requires patience, determination, detective work, oh and some $$$ too!...(c;
    Good luck with your endeavors!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,291
    edited July 2011
    ^--- I'm usually this positive until I am done with the first few sets I am rebuilding from a Lego lot...
    Then comes the swearing about how could certain parts be missing (like an entire shuttle from the 6339 set--god bless Bricklink) and how they can treat parts horribly like the recent Wheel recessed plate that what looked like dirt (hopefully) caked on it....lol
  • ironfish99ironfish99 Guest Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Post Removed by @Matthew
  • ironfish99ironfish99 Guest Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Post removed by @Matthew
  • happyreederhappyreeder Member Posts: 1
    You could always try flee-markets or car-boots a good place for second-hand lego