Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ridiculous eBay Auctions

1141517192083

Comments

  • davey83davey83 Member Posts: 1
    This one takes the cake!!!

    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=170640632780&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=09025866831

    Set 6086

    I bought this from a lad from Germany last year for €90 including shipping!
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    Not really ridiculous.. I just laughed really hard at the description!

    Up for auction is Star Wars Lego set 8093- Plo Koons Jedi Starfighter with box, instructions & all mini figures. This set is actually new but because the box has been opened & lego not in original bags I have listed as used

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-8093-Plo-Koons-Jedi-Starfighter-100-with-box-book-figs-MINT-/251206577616?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item3a7d142dd0

    How the hell can it be new when you have opened the box, opened the bags and put it together!!!!
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 469
    ^ I saw an auction the other day that listed a set as 'New' because it had only been opened, built once and then put back in the box, so wasn't really 'Used'.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    @mrtonytj not the kind description you'd see from a member here, but I suppose to some if they did not have it long and only built it but not played with it they would consider it new. I like that they have "Mint" in the title though, lol.
  • m4ttym4tty Member Posts: 54
  • smillattsmillatt Member Posts: 39
    mrtonytj said:

    Not really ridiculous.. I just laughed really hard at the description!

    Up for auction is Star Wars Lego set 8093- Plo Koons Jedi Starfighter with box, instructions & all mini figures. This set is actually new but because the box has been opened & lego not in original bags I have listed as used

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-8093-Plo-Koons-Jedi-Starfighter-100-with-box-book-figs-MINT-/251206577616?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item3a7d142dd0

    How the hell can it be new when you have opened the box, opened the bags and put it together!!!!

    He's described it as used in the item specifics, and mint in the title, so i'd say that's fair enough?!
  • smillattsmillatt Member Posts: 39
    m4tty said:
    That's incredible. Look at his Facebook page, he's building Minis Tirith too! Fair play to the lad, he's donating 10% to the WWF too. Amazing, and looks spot on detail wise too. If I won the lottery, i'd buy it!
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    smillatt said:

    mrtonytj said:

    Not really ridiculous.. I just laughed really hard at the description!

    Up for auction is Star Wars Lego set 8093- Plo Koons Jedi Starfighter with box, instructions & all mini figures. This set is actually new but because the box has been opened & lego not in original bags I have listed as used

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-8093-Plo-Koons-Jedi-Starfighter-100-with-box-book-figs-MINT-/251206577616?pt=AU_LEGO&hash=item3a7d142dd0

    How the hell can it be new when you have opened the box, opened the bags and put it together!!!!

    He's described it as used in the item specifics, and mint in the title, so i'd say that's fair enough?!
    Actually,

    Scratch everything i said! I just realized that i have bought of this lady about 10 times and never had a problem!! She is fantastic!
    I stupidly didn't even look at the user name!
    But still... A little funny. :-)
    smillatt
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,228
    edited January 2013
    oops
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,228
    How do I delete a comment?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2013
    ^ As far as I know, only mods/admins can do that. The best you can do edit it to say something like that ^^.
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-LEGO-STAR-WARS-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-10179-UCS-Brand-NEW-MISB-FIRST-EDITION-/170970346552?pt=AU_CollectableToys&hash=item27cea07438

    Who thinks scam? They didn't even check/remove the photo's they used for the last sellers name in blocks on each photo!!! lol
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Brian said:
    What the?????

    So they have a computer, they have a camera, also they are able to list an item on eBay and add a picture. But for some reason they cant take a picture of actual items that are in there cupboard?

  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    I just find it funny that they didn't just download them then upload them??? Hilarious!!!
  • smillattsmillatt Member Posts: 39
    mrtonytj said:

    I just find it funny that they didn't just download them then upload them??? Hilarious!!!

    They're 'in his closet' as he keeps reminding us. Or he doesn't have them. Some right idiots on eBay.

  • kevtrevtuffkevtrevtuff Member Posts: 4
    Umm I am that idiot....and the reason I did that in the listing is because the Lego Market Street and the Cafe Corner are in Brown Lego shipping boxes that I will not open because to some collectors it means alot getting it sealed the same way Lego shipped it.
  • kevtrevtuffkevtrevtuff Member Posts: 4
    But with that said I couldnt stop laughing reading you guys talking about the ad because you are right and Ive hated people for many years that list ebay items and put horrible pictures or yeah...ok picture of a picture....Im speachless....the village idiot ....signing out
    BastaPhoneboothLegoboy
  • kevtrevtuffkevtrevtuff Member Posts: 4
    Problem fixed.....
    Brian
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259

    Problem fixed.....

    Nice work, I think your much more likely to get it sold this way.
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    Basta said:

    Problem fixed.....

    Nice work, I think your much more likely to get it sold this way.
    Yeah alot of people wouldn't have bid just because it looked a little dodgy from the "photo of screen" pics lol.
  • AquapolisAquapolis Member Posts: 32

    Problem fixed.....

    I would have bought them/negotiated with you but they are just way off my league.
  • DMoCTTADMoCTTA Member Posts: 2
    mrtonytj said:

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-LEGO-STAR-WARS-MILLENNIUM-FALCON-10179-UCS-Brand-NEW-MISB-FIRST-EDITION-/170970346552?pt=AU_CollectableToys&hash=item27cea07438

    Who thinks scam? They didn't even check/remove the photo's they used for the last sellers name in blocks on each photo!!! lol

    If that's not a scam from a (0) rating then I'd be shocked!
    smillatt
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    And for some reason people have still bid on it up to $911! Who here thinks we should bid it up to $100,000 with "secondary" accounts to save some poor collector his cash??!! And to get this scammer's hopes up!!! :-)
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    Sorry "his or HER" cash :-)
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 445
    Never judge a book from its cover.
  • smillattsmillatt Member Posts: 39
    legoprods said:

    Never judge a book from its cover.

    We weren't - we were judging it based on common sense and logic. Anyone with a brain could see that auction was fraudulent. It's been taken down now, gladly, before anyone sent their money to some Thai scammer sat in his bedsit.

    @mrtonytj - I genuinly considered doing that, but was worried eBay might take the money off me to pay for it or something daft, so i didn't.

    Let's keep an eye out for more scumbags doing this on eBay in future.

  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    edited January 2013
    Just use a shill account like i do for scumbags like this.. Not long ago we did something like this on rebelscum with another person that was "selling" a yakface figure.. By the time we finished with him it was bid upto $90,000 and i can bet you he was counting his cash.. But then he must of got wise and pulled it at the last minute.. If you use a new account to bid ebay cant make you pay it you just get a "non payment" ... but then if you really want to mess with the seller you can just tell ebay you went and picked it up and paid cash and then he will still be stuck with seller fee's :-) yes.. I know.. I am pure evil.
    smillatt
  • smillattsmillatt Member Posts: 39
    mrtonytj said:

    Just use a shill account like i do for scumbags like this.. Not long ago we did something like this on rebelscum with another person that was "selling" a yakface figure.. By the time we finished with him it was bid upto $90,000 and i can bet you he was counting his cash.. But then he must of got wise and pulled it at the last minute.. If you use a new account to bid ebay cant make you pay it you just get a "non payment" ... but then if you really want to mess with the seller you can just tell ebay you went and picked it up and paid cash and then he will still be stuck with seller fee's :-) yes.. I know.. I am pure evil.

    I like your thinking. I'll make a shill account next time, for these Asian crooks.
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Millennium-Falcon-10179-/221173996111?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item337eff5a4f

    here is another.. This time from "estonia" i honestly hate seeing honest lego collector's who have probably been saving for a very long time to get their dream set only to get scammed out of thousands and have their heart broken..
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    And i have seen that photo that they used on at least 1 other "scam" sale. It's off google.. A** Holes!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,422
    legoprods said:

    Never judge a book from its cover.

    @legoprods has a very good point you all. I've had experience with 0 feedback sellers, and a lot of the times, they are 100% genuine. In fact, I purchased my millennium falcon from a 0-4 feedback seller, and my 2 death stars from a zero feedback seller.

    Certainly, there are times that they are 100% dirty scams, but other times they are 100% not.
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    What about if they don't answer any questions? From 3 different accounts. And they are from Asia?
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    And they have photo's that have been blatantly googled or stolen from another seller? And have little to no info in the description? I would say that all these sign's point to scam? Wouldn't you?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    You should search "Lego star wars rancor" on ebay.co.uk and see the rock giant looking things (from Lego miners?) masquerading as "genuine" Lego Rancors.
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 630
    mrtonytj said:

    What about if they don't answer any questions? From 3 different accounts. And they are from Asia?

    smillatt said:



    I like your thinking. I'll make a shill account next time, for these Asian crooks.


    Im not entirely happy about the whole of Asia getting branded with the same brush.

    I cant see the listing anymore did it actually state "from Asia"?
    Brian
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 445
    edited January 2013
    mrtonytj said:

    What about if they don't answer any questions? From 3 different accounts. And they are from Asia?

    mrtonytj said:

    And they have photo's that have been blatantly googled or stolen from another seller? And have little to no info in the description? I would say that all these sign's point to scam? Wouldn't you?

    Then that is not judging a book only by its cover. ;)

  • smillattsmillatt Member Posts: 39
    UKtsumi said:

    mrtonytj said:

    What about if they don't answer any questions? From 3 different accounts. And they are from Asia?

    smillatt said:



    I like your thinking. I'll make a shill account next time, for these Asian crooks.


    Im not entirely happy about the whole of Asia getting branded with the same brush.

    I cant see the listing anymore did it actually state "from Asia"?
    The seller was based in Thailand, yes
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    I agree not to paint all people from Asia as scammers. I've been checking a lot of the EBay blogs lately and it seems that every other person has either been scammed by a seller from Asia or urging people to stay away from Asian eBay sellers. It is obviously a big problem. I look at it this way. Every day there are reports on the news of carjackings and shootings and muggings within the city I live near. I know not everyone is a criminal in the city, but I avoid it like the plague.
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    Pitfall69 said:

    I look at it this way. Every day there are reports on the news of carjackings and shootings and muggings within the city I live near. I know not everyone is a criminal in the city, but I avoid it like the plague.

    That's a great analogy. All i am saying is that if...

    1.They have zero feedback.
    2.They are not answering questions
    3.They are selling something that is worth $2000
    4.They are using other sellers photo's
    5.They are from Asia..

    Then you know the old saying..

    If it looks like..... and smells like.......
    legoprods
  • UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 630
    smillatt said:

    UKtsumi said:

    mrtonytj said:

    What about if they don't answer any questions? From 3 different accounts. And they are from Asia?

    smillatt said:



    I like your thinking. I'll make a shill account next time, for these Asian crooks.

    Im not entirely happy about the whole of Asia getting branded with the same brush.

    I cant see the listing anymore did it actually state "from Asia"?
    The seller was based in Thailand, yes
    That clears that up then!
    So,, south American countries and North American countries - all the same to me!!!
    Argentinians/Cubans/Canadians - all from the Americas... all the same then are they!

    Over 50 countries in Asia! alot of people offended by the term "Asian Crooks"

    Back on topic -
    Its Ebay that need to police itself better, how many times have we spotted dodgy sellers , only to see them sell and sell again. There should be a better way to report it.!
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,422
    ^,^^ Lets not bicker and argue over something so small.. keep the ridiculousness in the eBay auctions, not the forums! :-)

    I think it is all just a simple misunderstanding.

    Yes, a lot of fraud does occur in Asia on eBay regarding LEGO, however there are also boatloads of wonderful Asian sellers that I have personally dealt with and never had even the hint of a problem.

    Unfortunately, it seems that there flawless reputation has been tainted a bit by other people who have attempted large scams.

    You'll find good sellers and bad sellers in all countries. Whether they are in one country as opposed to another though, isn't really a factor in detecting "which is worse".

    I think the 0 feedback, cheap price, pictures, are enough to prove it in the example above. And that is all that is necessary to hit "report item" and have it removed! :-)
    Josephsmillattlegoprods
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Attaching attributes such as "scammer" to "Asians" is discrimination against, nothing else. Nationality or ethnicity really has nothing to do with it. If they...

    1. ... have zero Feedback,
    2. ... are not answering questions,
    3. ... are selling something that is worth a lot,
    4. ... are using other seller's photos,

    then it does not matter where they are from.
    Brian
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,453
    ^ I agree to a point. I don't think we are talking about people of Asian decent. One of my friends lives in Thailand and he's Caucasian. I think that's what's getting mixed up here and people are taking it the wrong way.

    With that said, I personally only buy and sell (Ebay) within my own country. A big reason for this is because I only use USPS. Now, within this forum I may be willing to ship to other countries.
  • smillattsmillatt Member Posts: 39
    mressin said:

    Attaching attributes such as "scammer" to "Asians" is discrimination against, nothing else. Nationality or ethnicity really has nothing to do with it. If they...

    1. ... have zero Feedback,
    2. ... are not answering questions,
    3. ... are selling something that is worth a lot,
    4. ... are using other seller's photos,

    then it does not matter where they are from.

    You've got the wrong end of the stick there, again. Nobody was accusing all Asians of being scammers. I'm talking from experience here, and noticed that there's a large amount of fraudulent auctions that get taken down by eBay from Asian sellers. Is that ok, or are you going to accuse us of something else too?
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,422
    edited January 2013
    Come now, come now! Lets quit bickering!

    The emperor would take great joy if he knew we were taking jabs back and forth! And we sure don't want that!

    Quit going to the dark side (even if they have cookies), and lets get back on topic! :-)
    legoprods
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,422
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited January 2013
    ^ And it's a limit of only 2 per person! That must be because it's such a "Quality product at [an] affordable price."
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy Brickset.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.