Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target - Clearance

Comments

• korkor Member Posts: 392
    picked up 4 Bank & Money Transfers yesterday as well. Thanks for the heads-up on the deal!
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Not sure if anyone posted this but 7498 Police Station is 20% off online and qualifies for the bogo. I used my Target card for an addition 5% off and free shipping.
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    Target in my area has similar clearances but all are only 30% off. Nothing for 50%. Picked up a few Banks with BOGO50off.
  • odshowtimeodshowtime Member Posts: 49
    So I already snagged the bank, geo'fighter and city minifigs for $35 after the $10 coupon. I printed two more coupons and used one on the ride home to buy a $50 itunes giftcard that I needed anyway. Then went back to the first Target and got the 7877 50% off and bought more other crap I needed to get a third $10 card.

So all together if I apply the gift cards only to the legos, I bought $140 retail worth of legos for $40. 71% discount. That is stunning and yet again I say it's all because of Brickset. Thanks everyone.

Buying lego at retail is for the birds.
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    Kinda dirty how some locations are 30% & others 50%. I bought 2 banks yesterday in Lodi, CA for 30% and saw them at 50% in Stockton, CA.
    Awesome deal with Clearance/BOGO/Coupon combos.
    Thank you Brickset... for maxing out my Target card. :)
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    Grab 4 3661 Banks today,. and seperate it into two transactions. then forget the buy 1 get 1 50% off. so, can't use the get $10 Target gift card when you spend $50
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    Grabbed one bank, 10 of the dump truck, and one Naboo Starfighter! Why oh why did Target just increase my Redcard limit? Oh yeah, because I've always paid it off :/ Now, what to use all these gift cards on (yup, multiple trips through the checkout aisles)...
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I bought some Banks on Monday... anyone have any luck taking the receipt back and a single copy of the bank and getting them to do return / resale on them at the new price?
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    edited December 2012
    ^ not specifically but this morning I brought my four banks in with receipt to see if I could return and rebuy as I did not do so with the $10 GC yesterday. They said I could return but could not rebuy and could not take them with me to the checkout line either. I ended up buying $50 worth of non-LEGO stuff for a GC. Your luck may vary.

They may price match. I would try.
  • ranlepranlep Greenbrier, TNMember Posts: 29
    Why is everyone buying up the Bank sets? I'm not a reseller mind you, but I've noticed several of the sets on shelves at my local stores.
  • chrisdojochrisdojo Member Posts: 168
    edited December 2012
    @LegoFanTexas
    My experience with Target: standard policy is when you do a return that they will not resell the item until it gets put back on the shelf.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ranlep said:

Why is everyone buying up the Bank sets? I'm not a reseller mind you, but I've noticed several of the sets on shelves at my local stores.

If you find them at 50% and then do a BOGO its not a bad flip. Straight up 50% off I am not interested -- "looking at you Police Stations". These can easily be around another year and there are better places to put your money, imo.

• BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    ranlep said:

Why *wouldn't* you buy up EOLing $50 MSRP sets for $16 a piece???
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^^ I thought 3661 is being retired, at least it says so on [email protected] Granted, that could mean another year, but I assume this was the reason Target is dumping them.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    ^ Agreed. It's EOL for the bank.
    I contemplated buying 2 banks and 2 naboo sfs and selling the seconds but there are a ton of the banks on eBay and the NSF is pretty low key. But to get them both for pretty much 15 bucks each just to build is awesome. The bank looks like so much fun I can't wait to bust it out with the minifig set.

This is the best sale I've ever experienced.
  • timinchicagotiminchicago USAMember Posts: 239
    I was in the new Chicago west Loop Target last night and no LEGO on clearance :(
  • StyerStyer Huntington, WV, USAMember Posts: 73
    People who are going to Target and not finding items on clearance, it's worthwhile to check the prices. Either carry a set to one of the free-standing scanners or have an employee with a price gun scan the item. They may scan at clearance price even of they aren't so-marked.
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    @Styer, very good point. I price scan Lego at Target all the time, and I find price differences between price listed on shelf and price in the system a good number of times.

Another place to check are end caps up and down the toy aisles. Often the clearance Lego are placed not on the end cap nearest the Lego aisle, but on the endcap that was the emptiest when they started moving product.

I used to work retail, and I don't remember ever being yelled at by the bosses for using a "wrong" endcap, but often receiving the good old "head pat" for thinking on my feet and saving shelving time.

I know most think about end caps, but I'm caught up in the spirit of helping every AFOL score big this week :D
    Styer said:

People who are going to Target and not finding items on clearance, it's worthwhile to check the prices. Either carry a set to one of the free-standing scanners or have an employee with a price gun scan the item. They may scan at clearance price even of they aren't so-marked.

Yep. I got the sith infiltrator for 50% off at walmart awhile back. It was the very last one sitting behind some other stuff. No price tag or anything on the shelf front. Asked for it to be scanned and when it came back half-off the credit card came out. I just feel like 50% makes almost any set a good value. I'm going to start being much more patient in the future.

The hunt is fun, but it's always nice to know your hunting grounds and when and where the easy prey has been spotted. My dark ages are officially one year removed and I'm learning.

For anyone in Tampa, the Target on Waters had great deals. 7877s, 3661s, 7959, and others 50% clearance as of noon today 12/14. The one on Tampa Rd had the bogo50% city and some lesser deals but not really any clearance and less selection. They did have a bunch of 7959s 50%. I did see hobbit sets in at least one of the stores including the hobbit house one and the troll king or whatever it was with the big fat guy. Not sure if that's still news or not but I'm trying to give back.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642
    In Denver Area, Target:
    Aurora Saddle Rock has the #3661, #7959 at 30% off
    Target Aurora South (Parker @ Arapahoe) has #3661 at 50% off
    Both had Serie 1 planet at 30% off

Bottom line for me was 2 Bank + 2 Planets for $38.86+tx (paying with redcard and coupon for $10 gift card)
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    edited December 2012
    East side Madison, WI Target had a whole bunch of the planets and 4x Bank and Money transfers at 30% off. Well, there's two left now. I couldn't pass up grabbing two for what was essentially half off. Might have to use them as the basis for a modular bank.
  • BrianBrian Guest Posts: 87
    Went back to my Target today and relieved to see the Bank and Money Transfers on clearance. They had 10, but I picked up 2 for about half off plus the $10 Target giftcard.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 772
    edited December 2012
    I have picked up quite a lot this week from Target but have to go back to use the $10 gc coupon because I forgot I had one! D'oh!

As for the Bank set, man is it awesome! The armored car and police car are sweet and the bank itself is a great addition to a LEGO City.

Only 1 Target had LEGO at 50% (SW NSF, GSF and Planets) of 3 I visited. None had 50% off on Bank but it did stack.

THANK YOU BRICKSET!
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366

For anyone in Tampa, the Target on Waters had great deals. 7877s, 3661s, 7959, and others 50% clearance as of noon today 12/14. The one on Tampa Rd had the bogo50% city and some lesser deals but not really any clearance and less selection. They did have a bunch of 7959s 50%. I did see hobbit sets in at least one of the stores including the hobbit house one and the troll king or whatever it was with the big fat guy. Not sure if that's still news or not but I'm trying to give back.

That one on Waters has been great this week. Plenty of the clearance items. Now to open up my finds and start building my modular modern bank today.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,183
    At least 2 Targets in San Diego have similar clearances (College Grove and Convoy). I didnt visit the others. I picked up a few sets but there is plenty to grab.
  • staffmarkstaffmark Member Posts: 44

I was in the new Chicago west Loop Target last night and no LEGO on clearance :(

I am in the NW Chicago suburbs, and there's no clearance out here either. I've never seen more than 30% off any Lego set at a local store in my life, target or WM. Being this is my first year doing this, does more than 30% off really happen after Xmas out here in Hellinois?
    ^ This past July TG clearanced out toys, including Lego, at up to 70% off. That did not happen near your neck of the wood? :(

• truktruk Member Posts: 46
    ^I didn't check daily, but I never saw anything over 30% in Green Bay, WI in last July's clearance.

I stopped in today and not only is the Bank not on clearance, but they have a cardboard marquee around it proclaiming it a "featured set"...at full price ($49.99).
    ^ Granted, the likelihood of a good set being around after 30% is low, but I do remember seeing the Marina at 50% and some other smaller set at 70%. I do have about 10 TGs within striking distance though.
    Ughhhhh!!! Red Card hit limit!!!!
  • thehockeyboythehockeyboy Member Posts: 97
    ^ Welcome to my world, and sometimes it takes 10+ days after payment for them to actually apply it
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Found at least twenty Naboos for $24.97. No clearance stickers nor shelf tags so nobody knows its on sale. Also has a few banks for $24.98. This is LA on Whittier Blvd.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited December 2012
    Also, for anybody who goes to the Target above, the Kmart in the same shopping plaza next door has Ninja Turtles, 2013 Star Wars, Marvel and City, and Chima, but only the smaller sets.
  • staffmarkstaffmark Member Posts: 44
    Poochy said:

^ This past July TG clearanced out toys, including Lego, at up to 70% off. That did not happen near your neck of the wood? :(

70% this past July? No way. They flew off the shelves at 30%.

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    No Lego set ever makes it past 30% at the targets in my area
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    emilewski said:

^ not specifically but this morning I brought my four banks in with receipt to see if I could return and rebuy as I did not do so with the $10 GC yesterday. They said I could return but could not rebuy and could not take them with me to the checkout line either. I ended up buying $50 worth of non-LEGO stuff for a GC. Your luck may vary.

They may price match. I would try.

I did the exact same thing today with 4 banks I had bought at target.com on Sunday or Monday. The store said they couldn't price adjust to the clearance price so my only choice was to return them. I asked if I could re-buy, and she told me they aren't supposed to allow that and they have to put the items back on the shelves. she then proceeded to do it anyway, at which point I stacked on the free $10 target card deal and ended up with the 4 of them for $15.30 each if you factor in the free $10. Ended up getting another $5 off $35 to boot

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,642

^ Welcome to my world, and sometimes it takes 10+ days after payment for them to actually apply it

Pay for it cash in store, it is instant...

Pay off card in store with cash? I asked how I could pay fast and they did not offer that :P
  • flyingpigflyingpig Member Posts: 119
    Ma1234 said:

Found at least twenty Naboos for $24.97. No clearance stickers nor shelf tags so nobody knows its on sale. Also has a few banks for $24.98. This is LA on Whittier Blvd.

Hawthorn was the same way with no clearance sticker yesterday, though they are cleared out today. I may need to brave the Christmas shopping crowds and buy some more Naboos.
  • punkinannpunkinann Member Posts: 16
    Thanos75 said:

The other Target had packed shelves...did have the BOGO50%. No Dino stuff and absolutly no Friends sets...none.

When I went to Target to get a Friends set for a birthday, they were with the "girls" toys with the dolls and other pink stuff, not in the Lego section. A Target employee directed me to the right place, after much wasted time with my son who wanted to linger in the Star Wars/Ninjago Lego aisle. Makes sense, marketing-wise.
  • BlueTacoBlueTaco MarylandMember Posts: 78
    A week after this clearance started, and all the Targets I've visited in Maryland still have Naboo Starfighters sitting on the shelves at $35. Lots of them. I'm hoping that when I go out later today that they are marked down to $25 so that I can pick one up.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    All the Targets around here have are hundreds of series 1 planet sets at 30-50% off. And I mean hundreds.
    ^^ Just checked today and the NSF is still at $35 at mine, sigh. Will wait after Xmas.
  • allendean2allendean2 Member Posts: 6
    Mine are being bought up like candy for $35. Don't think I'll get one for $25.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    staffmark said:

Being this is my first year doing this, does more than 30% off really happen after Xmas out here in Hellinois?

I don't know about the Chicago area, but I live down in Champaign and occasionally see 50% off on clearance items at one of the local Meijer stores. If you have one nearby, you may want to check it out.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    It's worth checking Target again for after Christmas returns. Saw a Black Pearl for $70 (unmarked) and Jabba's Palace for $83. A lot of the City Mining sets were 30% off too.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    the two target's lego shelves are pretty wiped clean! nothing much left!
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    ^ I went to a nearby Target on the 24th to buy a few last minutes things. There were only a few LotR boxes left in the LEGO aisle. I figured it would not get any better after Christmas so I did not even bother
  • legofan421legofan421 Banned Posts: 15
    When I went to the Mays Landing Target on December 26 at 8:00 a.m., all the Lego sets on clearance were already bought. Was I mad.