Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Amazon UK - Epic Battle Dragon $75 shipped to US

Comments

• cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    The tracking number doesn't work for me. And, it shows on was in Germany (Saulheim) on 12/10. I don't know if that's common or even correct. UK > Germany > US?
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ I put in two separate orders one day apart. First order was shipped from UK, arrived in about 4 days. Second order was shipped from DE, arrived in about 7 days (with a big hole in the shipping box). I think it just depends on where the current stock is located at.
  • leppgleppg Member Posts: 45
    Mine also shipped from Germany, Bruchsal to be precise. And it shipped on the 8th so I dunno. I'm guessing it didn't go from UK > Germany. More likely just was in a German warehouse or something.
    Thanks. Didn't think amazon.uk would ship from Germany. Learn something every day. :-) Yup, mine says Bruchsal too. I didn't know that was in Germany. I guess my stuff is on a 'slow boat'. :-)
  • leppgleppg Member Posts: 45
    Same here. And I sure hope they didn't send it surface or I will be a little more than annoyed as it likely won't make it before christmas.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    My DE one came from Bruchal as well. Ordered on the 7th and arrived on the 17th (ok, a bit more than 7 days).
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Mine also shipped from Germany. I have ordered from Amazon Spain, France and UK. A lot of the Spain and France orders originated in Italy. Just about all have routed through Germany, and sometimes they go via the US to get to me in Australia.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Mine left Bruchal on the 8th and arrived in Saulheim on the 10th and appears to still be there. It may be time to ask questions. Fortunately I didn't want it for Christmas but it's disappointing after the amazing delivery on the Technic helicopter.
    Same with mine. Sounds like you know about this than me. If you 'ask questions' will you let me know what you find out? Thx
    edited December 2012
    @cloaked7 Yes, I noticed we were in the same boat, has Tennessee done something to annoy DHL lately? I've emailed and I'll let you know.
    @cloaked7 someone in India emailed me back saying it's showing in transit and to email again if it's not here by the
    25th.
  • FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    edited December 2012
    ^What delivery services are working on the 25th?:) Oh wait....Santa! Just what I want to see on Christmas morning, my UPS driver dressed up as Santa with a sack of Lego sets slung over his back.
    ^ I said it was someone in India :)

I think they've lost them within the facility.
    ^I know, I chose not to make any racial jokes:) I am lacking a Dragon Battle from the UK still as well.
    ^ It was really a cultural observation, not a racial comment (we adopted my brother from Chennai). Amongst the dozens of public holidays that my parents complain about shutting down the schools they work in, I don't think Christmas is one in a predominantly Hindu country. In the same way it took me years to remember July 4th when I moved here I don't think the date would have jumped out at him.
    @Jenni Thanks. Maybe they will get here on the 24th. Doesn't really matter. I need something to sell in Jan anyway. Most of my Dec inventory is gone.
    @cloaked7 I doubt it, I think they're just supposed to ask you to wait a week. The Saulheim entries disappeared from my tracking information, did yours? Fortunately I don't need it any particular time either.
    @Jenni Yup, Saulheim wasn't listed, then it was, now it isn't. I guess it was sent on a slow boat. :-)
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 83
    edited December 2012
    Finally received my 5 today. It came in surprising good condition. Better than the past several I ordered from amazon locally.

For those still waiting and looking at tracking.. mine still only shows the below:
    8 Dec 2012 01:34:09 PM Bruchsal DE Departure Scan

I guess this tracking isn't updated much.
  • thehockeyboythehockeyboy Member Posts: 97
    Still waiting on mine, but I am encouraged now that you got yours!

Departure Scan - 8 December 2012 15:10:42 Bruchsal
  • BillybrownBillybrown UKMember Posts: 748
    FatMatt said:

^What delivery services are working on the 25th?:) Oh wait....Santa! Just what I want to see on Christmas morning, my UPS driver dressed up as Santa with a sack of Lego sets slung over his back.

Kinky bugger ;-)
    @Jenni Got mine today. They came via my USPS mail carrier, which was a surprise. The box was split on two corners and crushed on one. All 4 that I got were crushed on one corner. But, not terribly so. Just glad to get them.
    @cloaked7 aargh! You were my only hope after others reported they got theirs.

Mail delivered, [email protected] order from Friday delivered, but no dragon :(. I guess I'll have to email Raj.

It's essentially a parts set but I want my 4 dragon heads, one ice dragon is really not menacing enough to my winter village, the minifigs are just ignoring him.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Uh, just received several Amazon.co.uk shipments today...

Talk about damage, 2 of them aren't even in the Amazon boxes, they were water damaged at some point.

A total of 15 sets are destroyed, several of them are hard to tell what they once were the water damage is so bad.

On the plus side, a nice note from the US Postal Service said they were really sorry and hoped it wasn't an inconvenience to me!

Blah!

Oh well, e-mail sent to Amazon to see if they can fix it, but I suspect most of these items are gone and impossible to replace. Such a shame.
  • thehockeyboythehockeyboy Member Posts: 97
    I received one of my orders of 5 in a box that was absolutely stuffed with the sets... absolutely no room for any padding or anything. Luckily the box only got crushed on one side and dinged up only one set! Other four were in relatively great condition!
  • ogelogelogelogel Member Posts: 47
    I just got my shipments from amazon co.uk. All 5 boxes were damaged. I am really tired to contact amazon again due to recent 10212 and other shipments. :(
    Just heard back from Amazon.co.uk, they are sending me replacements for what they have, refunding for what they don't, and paying return international shipping for the mess I received.

What a strange business to be in. For these kinds of orders, you'd think a little bit better packing would be the worth the cost.

But what do I know. :)
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Received two separate shipments of 5 Epic Dragons each. All in great condition :)
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    none of my 5 yet but I did get 2 of the duplo photo safari sets in perfect shape, hope the dragons arrive the same way!
    edited December 2012
    @jenni Since I got mine I'm thinking you'll get yours soon. I'm sure USPS is crazy right now. I bet (course, what do I know?) that you'll see your sets this week.

@LegoFanTexas That is crazy about the water damage. Sounds like they were left outside in the rain for a long time. Simply crazy. About as crazy as Amazon's return policy on such events. I feel much better about my dinked up boxes now. :-) If that's any consolation. :-)

Just heard back from Amazon.co.uk, they are sending me replacements for what they have, refunding for what they don't, and paying return international shipping for the mess I received.

What a strange business to be in. For these kinds of orders, you'd think a little bit better packing would be the worth the cost.

But what do I know. :)

My 5 dragons arrived at my address (UK) soaking wet. The box was disintegrated so the sets were destroyed as well. If they are like that in delivering within the UK then no wonder they are in such a state when they get to you. I messaged a complaint about the packaging - for about the 20th time. Just wish they could be consistent.
  • legoprodslegoprods SpainMember Posts: 445
    All this makes me feel glad about receiving about 20 Epic Dragon Battles in mint condition in Spain!
    @cloaked7 Like sarcasm, my tendency to melodrama doesn't always come across :).

It's all good, a thousand cookies baked to give out at the soup kitchen tomorrow, tamales steaming, child asking to go to bed early, LEGO dragons may come or not and it will be OK :).
    ^ Yes... when my post man came today and dropped off the boxes, he was saying sorry for the terrible condition of some of them.

I just smiled and reminded him that if this was my worst problem I'm having, I have a wonderful life and really have nothing to complain about, so it's all good.

You're either laughing or you're crying, so why waste life crying? I just choose to be amused at the whole thing. Makes like much more fun!
    edited December 2012
    As I may have mentioned before I think the reason for Amazon paying postage to have you send them back instead of offering you a 20%-30% discount, which may cost more then the discount, is to discourage people trying to abuse the system, as anyone not concerned with box condition could just jump on the box contact amazon and get a 30% discount.

Also with the logistics contract some one like Amazon has it probably only cost them a few $ to send an item half way around the world.
    ^ That is true, but in this specific case, I didn't ask for a discount, I asked for replacements.

The sets were destroyed, not damaged. Some of the boxes simply came apart and even the instructions inside were wet.

I've had minor damage before, this goes way beyond that. So Amazon is replacing what they can and I'm sending it all back.

As for postage, it is true that Amazon gets great deals, but not in this case. Amazon does not provide pre-paid return labels for international orders, instead they have you ship the items back and they reimburse you whatever it cost.
    Hey, my wish came true. My Epic Dragon from the UK actually did arrive this morning. I found it very odd as it was delivered by USPS which I thought was closed on Christmas. Arrived in great shaped too, though the outer box was rather tattered.
    USPS is never really closed, it is a 24/7/365 operation, and they do deliver Express Mail on Christmas Day in some areas.

FedEx and UPS will also deliver today, but the price is steep.
    ^I was unaware of that, at least until he delivered it this morning.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Ninnnnnjaaaaaa-bleh! How my mailman left this on the front steps with a straight face, I'll never know.

• pumperxpumperx Member Posts: 106
    ^ Ouch! That looks horrible.. Sorry to hear that.
    Ouch indeed, that would have been frustrating to say the least, all my 3 have come and now been sold, I wish I had got more as they were my best flip over the Christmas period.
    lulwut said:

Ninnnnnjaaaaaa-bleh! How my mailman left this on the front steps with a straight face, I'll never know.

Same happened with my 5, I ended up sending the whole lot back, but had to repackage them as the box was so wet!

Anyway for those that are looking for more Epic Dragons, I noticed that John Lewis online in the UK have them for sale at £48.99, I think they do international deliveries, so fill your boots if need be. I bought a load of 7965 MF's from them for £60 a while back and they were well packaged so fingers crossed for you should you purchase.

@Billybrown thanks for the info,

I just ordered a lot of #9450 Epic Dragon Battles from John Lewis. They seem to have a flat postage fee of £25 to Australia. I paid $85 AUD each which is a great price here in Australia.

Now I need to see what condition they turn up in, I hope not like any of the ones shown above :)
    Basta said:

@Billybrown thanks for the info,

I just ordered a lot of #9450 Epic Dragon Battles from John Lewis. They seem to have a flat postage fee of £25 to Australia. I paid $85 AUD each which is a great price here in Australia.

Now I need to see what condition they turn up in, I hope not like any of the ones shown above :)

They usually use strong boxes and air cushions, but I suppose its down to the courier mainly.

• 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    I finally received my shipment of 5 of them from back on the 12th of Dec... looks like my box was sitting in the same puddle as many others, just not for as long. The top edge of four boxes is a bit squashed and one was really bad, but my son wanted to get one with some Christmas money so it is OK.
    Has anyone had luck getting a bit of a refund on these orders? I took pictures and am wondering if it is worth contacting them.
    Cheers, Brian
    ^ I think LFT and Jenni mentioned that they got refunds.
    I had 10 delivered today as next day delivery (UK) from John Lewis and they were in super minty mint condition, 3 in a box, 9 of them were unopened in there outer lego cartons.
  • morezonemorezone Member Posts: 207

I had 10 delivered today as next day delivery (UK) from John Lewis and they were in super minty mint condition, 3 in a box, 9 of them were unopened in there outer lego cartons.

Or if you have an idiot packer, he'll put 2 outer lego cartons directly ontop of some naked sets which ensures they'll be flat packed.

Or idiot packer number 2 will place air cusions unevenly on the bottom of the box and then stack 10 sets flat one on top of the both. He'll then use air cusions to prop up the leaning tower of sets. As one can expect, the bottom sets do not fair well in transit.
    ^^^ I got a refund because it didn't show up, as opposed to it coming damaged. I believe LFT returned all of his. I think 111ins is wondering about a partial refund to compensate for the damaged boxes.