Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Legends of Chima out?

CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,345
edited December 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Um, I don't know if I should make this, but Stephen at The Brick Show got Wakz's Pack Tracker somehow and made a review

(If you ask me, they're just spending all their money to try and be the first ones on YT with this stuff)

-Sci

Comments

• BrixyBrixy United statesMember Posts: 57
    I just noticed a few chima sets were available on line @ target.com though currently it says not sold in stores.
  • DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
    I found a couple of the sets on the shelf at Kmart in Burbank CA a few days ago. I did not really pay too much attention to them as I was distracted by finding a couple of the new A-Wing on the shelf and that was far more interesting to me at the time.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    Have there been any more sightings on the West Coast? I'm dying over here!
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    I live in Burbank. I need to go check out K-Mart I guess.
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    Oh wow. Stacking with the free Hobbit Elf Polybag, these are tempting. I'm trying not to support TRU when I can help it however, so I think I'll restrain myself and just pick up some polys on their own. :-/

I can get Chima for at least 20% off retail later - I just have to be patient.
  • truktruk Member Posts: 46
    Looks like they're not available online until 12/30, unless you have a local store allowing pickup now. I've got one 30 miles away with about half in stock, but I think I'll hold out.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    I was able to spy a couple China sets at TRU last night. They had "do not put out until Dec 30" stickers on them. They looked decent overall, and the minifig pics on the box look great! The minifigs don't look anything like fabuland. They look like real minifigs with the animal face over a normal head piece. Some nice original weapons too.
    edited December 2012

I live in Burbank. I need to go check out K-Mart I guess.

it looked like only 1 case of each when I saw them. I think it was #70000 and #70001 . There was also the A-wing #75003 and AT-RT #75002 .

Good luck
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Any other adults actually looking forward to hours of these with the kids? I know Ninjago has most AFOL/KFOL houses cornered, but after dismissing the Speedorz as silly and gimmicky, I'm now looking at them as fun and gimmicky. The spinners do one thing: spin. TLG has made several different buildable games surrounding the Speedorz idea, which to me is a nice expansion of playability. What I really want to see (pay attention LEGO!) is a nice 1000 part centerpiece, good or bad guy base. Not sure I like how the wings are attached on the Eagles, though. I can see them getting knocked off constantly or just getting in the way (like Lord Vampyres cape).
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    Initially i wasn't really sold on these sets like most people, but after seeing them in person i have turned the corner and am really impressed with them. Really looking forward to building some of these.
  • wiredforsoundwiredforsound Member Posts: 31
    Legends of Chima can be found at both Toy'R'Us and The LEGO Store in the Portland, OR area - http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredforsound23/8342744975/
    ogelogel
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    Found a large lot of Chima sets at my local Walmart in Lexington, Kentucky. Not going to lie, when I first saw them online I thought "Wow, really LEGO?"... but in person, the box art makes them pretty tempting to buy...
    samiam391 said:

Found a large lot of Chima sets at my local Walmart in Lexington, Kentucky. Not going to lie, when I first saw them online I thought "Wow, really LEGO?"... but in person, the box art makes them pretty tempting to buy...

Pictures, and box art do not do justice. Buy one!

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,328
    ^I know if I bought one, I may get hooked on the minifigures, and if I get hooked on the minifigures... it all goes downhill from there..
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Saw them at TRU and Walmart in St. Louis
    samiam391 said:

^I know if I bought one, I may get hooked on the minifigures, and if I get hooked on the minifigures... it all goes downhill from there..

Just stay away from TRU (unless you can actually get a deal from them). Other than that, you just have to plan as getting as few duplicates as possible (it will probably be pretty hard but it can happen).

• legogrrl4legogrrl4 Member Posts: 42
    Target now has them. Found them at three different orange county Targets.
    found them on endcap displays at both of the Targets in Northridge CA as well as the in Van Nuys on Sepulveda. I did not pick them up but was very tempted.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    TRU in Edmonton AB was fully loaded with sets and speedorz(erz)? |I have no interest in these
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Hmmmm, my boys 8 & 10 have zero interest in them. Ninjago has been big with them but Chima does not temp them in the least. Guess will see if the cartoon influences them.