Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Nice TRU combination possibilities this morning

RTORTO Member Posts: 73
edited December 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
#5771 is on sale at TRU for $56.24, there is a special running for $25 off $100, plus if you spend $20, you get a #30212 for free.

A couple combinations I put together this morning:
#5771 - $31.24
#9448 - $33.24 (also on sale)
#30212 (x4, one of which was free) - $14.97

Total, with tax (free shipping) = $85.85. MSRP = $129.94 Discount = 34%

#5771 (x2) - $87.48
#30212 (x4) - $14.97

Total, with tax (free shipping) = $110.01. MSRP = $159.94 Discount = 31.2%

#5771 is EOL, correct?

Comments

• murroughmurrough Member Posts: 59
    Thanks just ordered your first combo there. Needed a few more of 30212 and this is better than hunting store to store.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    I grabbed Helms Deep last night for $95 due to this stacking but didn't get the Mirkwood poly.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Thanks @RTO, I just grabbed your first combo also. Totally an impulse purchase though, i had never given much thought to Hillside House before, and don't follow Ninjago that closely. But that Samurai Mech set does look pretty awesome. This was a good excuse to FINALLY get some Mirkwood Elves too.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Thanks for the heads up.

Side note:

A pair of #5771 or a trio of #9448 also works...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Also, Quinjet is $63.74 before discounts, and Galaxy Squad is MSRP (amazing, I know).
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Uh-oh, @LegoFanTexas now knows about this sale. Counting down to both of those sets being completely sold out!

:)
    (kidding! I'm a fan of LFT!)

Also: is it just my faulty memory or did the TRU $20 off $100 promotion originally say "REGULAR PRICED LEGO SETS." If that is the case, I'm surprised they missed this loophole.
  • RTORTO Member Posts: 73

Thanks for the heads up.

Side note:

A pair of #5771 or a trio of #9448 also works...

Yes, there are many other combinations that work.

I made a few more orders - an EOL set, on sale, WITH a free elf AND $25 off $100? Way too good to pass up.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    RTO said:

#5771 (x2) - $87.48
    #30212 (x4) - $14.97

This deal comes up at 102.45, so it's actually 36% off.

thanks for the heads up!

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Well, thanks for the heads up. I've now done enough damage for the next few days. ;)
  • RTORTO Member Posts: 73
    dougts said:

RTO said:

#5771 (x2) - $87.48
    #30212 (x4) - $14.97

This deal comes up at 102.45, so it's actually 36% off.

thanks for the heads up!

I was including tax in my calculations, but you make a good point - I should include tax in the MSRP amount too.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,473
    Do not forget ebates.com for an extra 3% cash back
    You can also get the #7346 seaside house for about 32 bucks a piece as well. They are on sale for 41.24 and if you buy 3 of them you get the fig and the $25 off
  • thehockeyboythehockeyboy Member Posts: 97
    How many orders you think I can get away with before they bring up the "limits"? ;)
    I haven't found a limit to the number of orders I can make at TRU. If they have one, it is a lot.
    And the TRU rewards card is still on the holiday point system right? So once you hit that max you don't gain anything by using it?
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Yup, hard to beat getting a good discount and then $25 off the $100 purchase. I think both the Samurai Mech and Hillside House will do well after retiring.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916

I haven't found a limit to the number of orders I can make at TRU. If they have one, it is a lot.

Agreed. After 10 orders today alone I'm tapping out. I'm sure some of you have done even more than that
    pharmjod said:

Agreed. After 10 orders today alone I'm tapping out. I'm sure some of you have done even more than that

Never!
    "Your order has been temporarily suspended" ... guess we found out that there IS a limit hahahhaa
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Thanks for the heads up. Picked up 2x #5771 and a trio of elves.
    Also, is the $25 off $100 online only? Or is that available in-store as well?

"Your order has been temporarily suspended" ... guess we found out that there IS a limit hahahhaa

How many did you place?
    At that point, probably more than 30. I changed the address slightly and the payment type and am back at it
    I'm surprised that only 30 caused a problem. I've done... more than that... Hmm... will be interesting to see if they ever make an issue of it.
  • flyingpigflyingpig Member Posts: 119

I'm surprised that only 30 caused a problem. I've done... more than that... Hmm... will be interesting to see if they ever make an issue of it.

At that point, probably more than 30. I changed the address slightly and the payment type and am back at it

Where do you guys store this stuff anyway? That's 60-90 boxes in 30 orders.
    For me its a combination of efficiency and a very, very, very accepting family
  • ColtCrazyColtCrazy Member Posts: 28
    Really wanted the elf, only one TRU in the area had it so I ended up getting 4 (2 free) and picked up a copy of city truck sets. All in all, not a bad morning.
    Hope you gave the UPS guy a nice present this Christmas!
    This forum is terrible. Went ahead and ordered 3 copies of the Samurai Mech and a Gandalf poly, since they never have them at my TRU. With the sale price, it basically comes out a little better than by 2 get 1 free on the mech.

Now to pray my past shipping experiences with TRU are not repeated.
    flyingpig said:

Where do you guys store this stuff anyway? That's 60-90 boxes in 30 orders.

:) Some of us have a shed, others have a large house or basement.

I have a warehouse, which helps a lot, because my pre-Christmas inventory would not have fit in the house. :)
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Not much there for an instant flip, but I have been meaning to get the Hill Side House, so grabbed that and a Y-Wing for a decent price. Unfortunately TRU won't ship hobbit sets to this part of the world, so I had to remove the free Elve from my cart :(
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Looks like the elf is not showing up anymore :(
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Cheers OP! Missed the online sale but my local store had 5771 instock for local pickup - my preferred method of delivery from this shoddy outfit.
  • chrisdojochrisdojo Member Posts: 169
    I was able to get a few elf polys via store pickup - my closest TRU must have actually kept their stock in the back :)
  • chrisdojochrisdojo Member Posts: 169
    ....or so i thought. orders were just canceled.
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,207
    I walked into my TRU and told them that you could buy 3 elves online then use some filler to get over $20 and get another free elf, so the CS rep complied and sold me the 3 elves and a couple CMF 8 to get over $20 to get a free elf, so you guys could try that approach if they still have them instore.
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    It sounds like you had a very nice, flexible CS rep. I'm not sure my local TRU has any of those, lol. These Elves seem to be the current 'hot commodity' in the LEGO market; hopefully TRU has anticipated this somewhat.
    Hmm. Some orders got delayed, but not all. Wonder which will go through. I want my army of elves.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    I fought the crowd and picked up two Republic vs. Sith trooper battle packs, and got the elf poly free. They had at least twenty elf polybags left in store. Houston Galleria TRU is open until 1am...
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    edited December 2012
    I just checked both my orders and the elf polybag has been removed from both.
    I got new confirmation numbers for 3 orders of 1 elf polybag each for a grand total of $0.00. Original orders all contained 1 free elf polybag. Not sure what's going on...
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Had two elf orders cancelled on Sunday / Monday. Tried again with the same two stores and added a third. We will see.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Went back to the TRU store for the bogo deal, but the only new Star Wars set they had left was Rancor...
    What is interesting is that I received one of my two orders I made at TRU.com. but it appears I have no record at all of the other order even though I am positive I placed it. I do not see even a cancellation, nor see any billing on my CCard but again I am positive I got a confirmation number from a webpage (unfortunately I did not save it)

Has anyone else experienced this from TRU?
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    edited December 2012
    It looks like the elves have returned on my order history page. Wonder what's going on with their site.
    ^I received two shipping confirmations on both of my orders, with the elves shipping on their own each time. First order (2x Hillside House) arrived today. Shipping box was a little too big and one copy ended up with a dinged corner, but both still look good enough to sell.
  • USMCYodzUSMCYodz USAMember Posts: 94
    I was only able to pick up a couple of elves from the local TRU because someone returned them and I happened to see them sitting on the counter
  • ogelogelogelogel Member Posts: 47
    Got shipping confirmations yesterday. Two orders (4X #5771) arrived today at noon.
    Oh toysRus. 4 different box sizes, 8 different sticker, and 25% of the sets damaged in transit all for the same item ordered? I guess I should be happy that they didn't just slap a shipping label on the set and call it a day. All the elves were nice and safe in their individual polybags though!

How is ToysRUs return by mail for damaged boxes? I've only ever gone to the stores so far.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,676
    ^ You can call and ask for a replacement. Alternatively, if a local store carries the set, you can got there and exchange it with one on the shelf.
    The last 2 times I did that send it back, TRU actually refunded me, I had to call back for them to send the replacement...