Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] TRU: 18-29% off Friday and Saturday 12/14 - 12/15 Various Themes

teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
edited December 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I did not see this posted anywhere so I thought I would let everyone see the deal in case they hadn't seen it elsewhere. There are some decent deals to be had here. I picked up the #4207 City Garage for a great price ($87.09 sale price - $20 Groupon - $5 Reward Bucks). Final price of $66 after tax. I usually do not go for the City theme, but this is a pretty neat set that could work with my modular setup.

-29% off – Star Wars Hoth Echo Base $63.64 (reg.$89.99)
-28% off – Lord of the Rings Battle of Helm’s Deep $93.79 (reg.$119.99)
-28% off – City Garage $87.09 (reg.$119.99)
-25% off – Ninjago Samurai Mech $30.24 (reg.$39.99)
-22% off – City Fire Plane $46.89 (reg.$59.99)
-19% off – Superheroes Quinjet Aerial Battle $56.94 (reg.$69.99)
-18% off – Star Wars Palpatine’s Arrest $73.69 (reg.$89.99)

These deals are in store and online I believe. Not stackable with the $25 off $100 unfortunately. Good luck everyone!
tk79

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    Excellent post; thanks for taking the time to make it very user-friendly
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    If I may ask, where is that $20 Groupon and how does one use it?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited December 2012
    ^ Unless I missed one, the Groupon is from a while ago (one on black Friday and another a few days later http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/7936). To use it, you just gave it to them when you checked out (it was in store only) and it rang up as a discount.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    edited December 2012
    Thanks @teal93mr2

The groupon expires soon so I used it with a couple $5 rewards on the Samurai Mech and ended up at $0.15 out the door (actually $10.15 counting the cost for the groupon)
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
    Wow @tk79, that is very impressive. The Groupon was available a few weeks ago ($20 for $10) and expires on Dec. 24th. All I had to do was open the app on my phone and they scanned the barcode, worked just like a coupon. I guess the cool thing about my groupon is that I got it for free!
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 991
    Another note: Some of these prices are currently being matched by amazon, I know at least the Samurai Mech is.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Samurai Mech wasn't in stock a few hours ago at Amazon, so they just restocked it tonight. Thanks for the heads up, 5 more for the pile! :)

Plus another bear! :)
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    @teal93mr2, how did you hold on to that Groupon deal that long ? I used mine to buy several mirkwood elves (with BOGO50)
    My $5 rewards coupon starts on 12/16 :(... So much for combining it with this purchase. Time to go to Amazon ;)
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    If any of you are on fairly good terms with your TRU, it's worth a shot to try to get the $25 off $100 to stack in store. I got 4 Quinjets for $200 even.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    TRU has the Ninjago "Temple of Light" --$75. Don't know what RRP is.
    ^ and Garmatron $45 Kai's Fire Mech $12
    New 2013 SW too
    gmpirate said:

TRU has the Ninjago "Temple of Light" --$75. Don't know what RRP is.

$69.99
    gmpirate said:

^ and Garmatron $45 Kai's Fire Mech $12

$39.99
    $12.99
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    I initially stayed away from this, but the parking garages for 88 is not bad at all, so picked up a few of those.

I was tempted by the Palatines arrest and Hoth sets, but considering I still have about 8 Mon Calamari Cruisers that will barely sell for what I paid, I'm not sure it is really worth it.
    ^ Palapitines Arrest does just fine because of all the Jedi minifigs.

Hoth is a bit of a bummer set, it is unlikely to go gangbusters, but it is still a nice set for personal use or parting out.

I have 10 of them set aside, I wouldn't buy more than that.

Both sets being a TRU exclusive, will never do terrible, I don't think...
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329

I have 10 of them set aside, I wouldn't buy more than that.

According to XE.com, the conversion for LFT to "normal" shows I should buy .5 sets...I guess I would round that up to 1?
    Darn it @tk79 - you owe me a new keyboard, mine has coffee all over it! :)
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Never underestimate the casual buyer. I was browsing Toysrus and saw at least 2 people pick up the Whitecap Bay set for nearly $100.
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,194
    lulwut said:

Never underestimate the casual buyer. I was browsing Toysrus and saw at least 2 people pick up the Whitecap Bay set for nearly $100.

hahahaha wow that is just sad

• dk1007dk1007 Member Posts: 49
    Has anyone every request for the email receipt? I got one recently, not my choice, but TRU gave me a 20% off in store coupon along with the email receipt.