Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] LEGO Minecraft in stock at [email protected]

Comments

• andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    ^ Back in September one could pick up 100 or so from Barnes and Noble online before they started limiting it to one per customer.
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 435
    It helps living within an hour or so of 4 lego stores and having 2 online accounts! Also helps having the funds available to do so in the first place.
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 435
    Looks like its back in stock everywhere except for Canada and USA.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    4 LEGO stores within 1 hr! Geez... :-) Mine are 3 and 4 hours away, which means they are outta the question. Do have a B&N and 2 TRU's close, but have never seen the sets in those stores. I bought all of mine on-line from various places at various times. And, this forum helped a lot in that endeavor, because I would have not known that certain places had them in stock or even sold them otherwise. I mean, most of the time when an on-line store has them they sell out quickly, so you have to be one of the first in line.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,372
    edited December 2012
    Minecraft appears to be available at this site for a mere $31:

http://gamestoysonline.com/product/125081_LEGO-Minecraft-21102.html

It appears it is a video game site, however since minecraft is based off of a video game, they have this LEGO set available.

There is no limit to the order either.

EDIT: Tried checkout and got the following message:

"We are undergoing a restructuring and cannot take any orders at this moment.
    We will be back online soon - thank you for your patience!"

Bummer.

• kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    edited December 2012
    ^ Looks like it's a fake web site. I got a message saying below when checking out.

We are undergoing a restructuring and cannot take any orders at this moment.
    We will be back online soon - thank you for your patience!
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    Speaking of. Why doesn't Lego offer an email alert by product when something is out of stock? Or do they, and I'm just missing it...
    Anyone know how long the 'one per household' is in effect for [email protected]? I ordered a Minecraft from [email protected] the last time they were available. Wondering if I'll be allowed to order another if/when they come back in stock.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Yes, Lego called me yesterday morning to let me know they will available 12 am eastern time on December 17th and there will be an initial 5 per household limit. She also said that could change depending on demand.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ Sheesh, by announcing it like they, they won't last long. :)

In for 5! :)

Why not just make a million more of them and be done with it?
    Ok, I'll call her back with that :)
  • chrisdojochrisdojo Member Posts: 169
    I'm getting in line...
    @gmpirate Thanks for sharing. I would have probably shared that news at 12:15 on the 17th. :-)

Odd that they went from 1 per to 5 per. Maybe customers complained? Parent speaking... "Both Jimmy and Johnny wanted a LEGO Minecraft set very, very much, but I was only able to buy one. Will make for an interesting Christmas morning."

Also, based on past experience they'll be available on amazon a few days prior. Will be interesting to see if that's the case.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    @gmpirate Lego called you? To give you desirable, relatively secret info? How do I get Lego to call me with such things?
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    edited December 2012
    One thing to keep in mind is that if they are indeed released that close to Christmas it will put a dent in the resale market. The reason they are going for so much is because of the rich parents wanting to get their kid the most desirable present for Christmas. It's like a bragging right. I suspect after Christmas this set will drop back down to the $60 range... not really worth reselling.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,372
    ^Perhaps. But either way, I'd be in for 5. Unlike a lot of items on the resale market, I'm guaranteed at least a profit. One that could have a very high ceiling.
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245
    mathew said:

One thing to keep in mind is that if they are indeed released that close to Christmas it will put a dent in the resale market. The reason they are going for so much is because of the rich parents wanting to get their kid the most desirable present for Christmas. It's like a bragging right. I suspect after Christmas this set will drop back down to the $60 range... not really worth reselling.

Just my opinion, but I think you are way off. I think you are greatly underestimating the draw that Minecraft has as an established video game franchise. Not to mention the appeal it has across all age groups. I don't think it's little kids asking their parents for this set, IMO it sits heavily in the 18-34 demographic of collectors and fans of the game. Do you really think kids are going to pick a tiny little brick shaped set over the multitude of Ninjago, Star Wars, and fantasy sets out there? It's certainly possible, but IMO highly unlikely.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Sold my last Minecraft today for $120. I'll be in for five more when they are available.

I've got about 30 Lloyd's to unload now.
    edited December 2012
    I see future prices depending on the standard things.
    Supply - how long LEGO continues to make them and when they EOL.
    Demand - Popularity of Minecraft.

Yeah, I know. We all know that. :-)

I think Minecraft will continue to be popular next year too. Probably all year long and during Christmas too. If Minecraft EOL's sometime next year I think you'll see prices right back to $100+ (what I recently sold my last 3 for). Thing is, it seems that when they hit the streets they are quickly gobbled up. Will be interesting to see how long this next batch lasts. Maybe LEGO got smart and make a huge number of them (10-20 times more than last time). But, I doubt they did.
  • chrisdojochrisdojo Member Posts: 169
    edited December 2012
    As of this post, Minecraft has sold 8,248,198 for mac/PC.
    It has nearly 5.5 million likes on facebook.
    It has (somewhat) recently been released on iOS, Android, and Xbox 360.

Minecraft is big. The set is appealing even for non-LEGO fans. And I'm guessing LEGO hasn't made millions of the set (yet).
    edited December 2012
    Minecraft is not going to EOL any time soon. Like I said, I think it will hover around the $60 range post-Christmas just because there will still be demand. However, not too many people in their right mind are going to continue paying triple RRP for such a rinky-dinky set in the post-Christmas haze of January. Eventually then supply will meet demand. It happens with all popular toys. And while I'm sure there are a lot of 18-34 year olds who the play the game (why I don't know, there's not much to do outside of stack blocks and dig) my guess is that the target demo is still the 8 to 18 year old range. This means parents are the ones forking over the cash this Christmas, not AFOM.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    What about earlier in the year when they were selling for close to $150? That was when the initial stock was done and it was nowhere near Christmas. The general customer does not follow stock levels or Lego press releases or visit forums. They just see that they can't get it at a store or the regular online merchants and end up paying whatever the current market price is on Ebay or Amazon.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,922
    Too much demand for this to be $60 when it's re-released on [email protected]

Resellers and collectors (who also resell) will snatch these up in seconds. Then we're back to the same scenario, and these sets will be slowly released to the market for a high $ amount. Nothing changes.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,061
    Renny said:

What about earlier in the year when they were selling for close to $150? That was when the initial stock was done and it was nowhere near Christmas. The general customer does not follow stock levels or Lego press releases or visit forums. They just see that they can't get it at a store or the regular online merchants and end up paying whatever the current market price is on Ebay or Amazon.

Of course then people are banking that LEGO does not decide to put out a million of them.
    Of those I sold, the recent ones (Christmas gifts) sold for the most. Those I sold earlier this year were for birthday gifts as best that I could determine. A couple of buyers were very excited about getting the set and emailed me that it was a birthday gift.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Correct. Xmas demand is certainly pushing up prices now, and prices will go down with this new stock, but they will go right back up after this next release is oos and supply dwindles again. The last 6 months have proven this.
    tensor said:

@gmpirate Lego called you? To give you desirable, relatively secret info? How do I get Lego to call me with such things?

Lol, oh my, come back a few hours later and see what's transpired. That is what I assumed most people would think. Lego's own managers haven't a clue so why me :P

Anyway, I will be sure to follow up with them and discuss the suggestions here. Maybe I can get the release date pushed back until after Christmas.
  • HardradaHardrada Member Posts: 439
    Bandit said:

Correct. Xmas demand is certainly pushing up prices now, and prices will go down with this new stock, but they will go right back up after this next release is oos and supply dwindles again. The last 6 months have proven this.

It all depends on how large the next batch is, so all we can do is speculate.
    Delay until after Christmas? he he
    Renny said:

But people were thinking that it was limited to 10,000 sets. At this point it's safe to say that Lego will keep making it for the forseeable future. And why not? Minecraft is probably a cheap liscense (at least for now) and the set itself probably costs Lego next to nothing to make. Eventually demand will dry up but it wouldn't surprise me to more Minecraft sets in the near future.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    Hardrada said:

Bandit said:

They've already implied the next batch will be 'limited'. Speculate if you want, this is a stone cold lock.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,061
    Bandit said:

Hardrada said:

Bandit said:

They've already implied the next batch will be 'limited'. Speculate if you want, this is a stone cold lock.

Ok but implications are not facts.. As I recall they said their first batch was only supposed to be limited, now their third batch (I believe it has only been three) is 'limited' as well..
    What about their 4th, 5th, and 6th batches? how about the 7th, 8th, and 9th?

So while because of past history with Christmas sales and limited stocks the indicators are there that they could go up once again I would hesitate to call it a 'stone cold lock'

^ Agree, nothing is a lock with Lego . . .
    ^ :) Except for death and taxes, nothing in life is a "stone cold lock"
    Penkid11
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Can anyone else confirm the 12:00 AM EST availability?
  • givemeabrickgivemeabrick Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2012
    Title says it all. There is still a limit of 1 per household.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,844
    edited December 2012
    still says sold out for me. Link to the live page please? edit -nevermind I got it, clicked on See Full Details
  • Alexander_GrimAlexander_Grim Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    They're available now on the Lego Shop for the USA.
    http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Minecraft-21102
    Went up at 12/15/12, 9:11a EST.
  • givemeabrickgivemeabrick Member Posts: 12
    Right, click the full details and it says available now. Now, I wonder when will it show up again on amazon and bn.com....
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    I am showing sold out! Don't tell me they sold them all in 35 minutes. I will keep refreshing.
    Thanks for the update, they also lowered free shipping to $49, so it doesn't take much to get it there.

I picked up 3 of the new Friends $10 box sets to get there.

Fun stuff! :)

Notice they have a clear notice on the item page itself:

PLEASE NOTE: Due to overwhelming demand of this product there is a strict limit of 1 per household. All orders that exceed this per household limit will be canceled without notification.
    Nope, it just looks that way, click full details, then add it to the cart, they are there.
    This is on the item page:

PLEASE NOTE: Due to overwhelming demand of this product there is a strict limit of 1 per household. All orders that exceed this per household limit will be canceled without notification.
  • BrianBrian Guest Posts: 87
    edited December 2012
    WOW!!!!! YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME. Excuse my rage, I just had it in my cart, went to check out and bam, Sold Out.
    thelegoguy421
  • lordzaraklordzarak OH, United StatesMember Posts: 329
    Same here. In my cart then it vanished. :(
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Was on SD so sold out fast. Those guys don't believe in 1 per household lol.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    SOLD OUT
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Flipping through the countries on Lego.com, it appears that Minecraft is available throughout Europe as well as in Australia. And outside of US/Canada, they allow 5 per order, not one. Good opportunity for someone to make a nice little profit flipping those to US buyers.
  • parthentparthent Member Posts: 2
    When they said limited they mean it!!! Wow!!!