Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] MTT Polybag at Wal-Mart

cynthilinacynthilina Member Posts: 188
edited December 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Found 45 MTT poy bags at the Happy Valley Super Walmart last night and got myself 12. They also had the tie fighter and the Star destroyer.

Comments

• TheMurmurTheMurmur Member Posts: 90
    Were they in the lego aisle? Checked 3 stores down in Tucson, nothing at any of them
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I found a single MTT in Dallas. Tons of mining polybags, but only a single MTT, picked it up for my son, thought it looked cool. I suspect this will end up like the TIE Fighter and Star Destroyer, everywhere before too long. :)
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited December 2012
    ^^ Not always, most people have found them in the Christmas section and they were buried under a pile of hot-wheels in the front of my store. (For more details on availability & placement, see the U.S. comments in this thread: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/7988/can-30059-mtt-poly-now-available-in-canada#latest )
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    Found a bunch of polys in the LEGO aisle at 59th/Bell Walmart in Phoenix.

#30181 Creator Helicopter $3.47
    #30151 Mining Dozer $3.47
    #30059 MTT $3.97
    #30056 Star Destroyer $3.97
    #8028 TIE Fighter $3.97
  • littlerobinlittlerobin Member Posts: 17
    ^same in my Walmart. Was very happy to find them all.
  • Sonic_RaptorSonic_Raptor Member Posts: 20
    I found mine in the bins next to the Garden Center Checkout line (also where the Christmas wrapping paper, bows, inflatable do-dads, etc. are located).
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, they put this stuff in the oddest places. And, at my WM they are usually gone in a day or two. You're either there when they are or you aren't. And, I'm not sure about them being widely available later. Some of the polys are a flash in the pan. Course, no one knows which are flashes in the pan and which are like Tribbles (old Star Trek reference, 'The Trouble With Tribbles' 1967 episode, dating myself, he he).
    murphquake
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @cloaked7 and biting off Robert A. Heinlein's Flatcats from "The Rolling Stones"!!
  • BrixyBrixy United statesMember Posts: 57
    Hi,
    I saw the three star wars poly at the walmart in Safford az they had been marked down to 2 dollars. They were located in the center walking aisle with other stuff for stockings. Maybe they are discounted ar your walmart as well.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 797
    Thanks Brixy! I know where I'll be heading tomorrow!
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited December 2012
    @Brixy does that mean the MTT is marked down at your WM as well?
    I know my Walmart had tie fighters for $2.00 a week or so ago. The strange part is they never put anything on sale.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,994
    I am ready to give up. I just finished my 6th tour of the 4-6 Walmarts in my area and I have not found a single polybag at any of them.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    ^ As mentioned, I don't think WM gets many polys, especially relative to the walk through traffic and sale numbers they have. I think they just set the box o f polys on an empty shelf somewhere in toys, leave it for a few hours or days until it's empty, then that's it. No more polys. They never seem to get enough in my WM's to put the at the checkouts or such.
  • BrixyBrixy United statesMember Posts: 57
    Yes the mtt was $2. It was the 1st time I had seen them so I was surprised they had already been marked down.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    I guess I'll be hitting up a few WM's myself also tomorrow.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    Still full price in PA...
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    @Russell844 I have some extras if you want them.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,351
    @jadeirene, I may want 1-2 for myself if you have extras?
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    @samiam391 Absolutely. Did you want to buy them or trade for them? PM me.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,351
    ^jadeirene- Pmed! Thanks!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,994
    @jadeirene Thanks but I just found them tonight! :)